Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:46:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bitcoin price on top of the next rally  (Voting closed: December 03, 2014, 06:28:05 PM)
1000$-2000$ - 17 (15.9%)
2000$-3000$ - 12 (11.2%)
3000$-5000$ - 30 (28%)
5000$-10,000$ - 24 (22.4%)
10,000$+ - 24 (22.4%)
Total Voters: 107

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is it going to be this time ?  (Read 3023 times)
Eriul_Pow (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:28:05 PM

Grin
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:37:56 PM

I am predicting $40k - a 100x increase is way overdue
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:40:37 PM

point is, when we do reach last ath of ~1200$ everyone will turn bull.

to be honest if that happens we can reach 3000-5000 easily

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Eriul_Pow (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:52:34 PM

Let me drop an amount for posterity :

6500$
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:59:33 PM

If we break through the previous ATH, there's no telling how high this can go. The media would blow this up, but this time there is a foundation to work on. 80,000+ merchants, more apps, more understanding and places like circle making it super easy to buy in.

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

If we break through the previous ATH, there's no telling how high this can go. The media would blow this up, but this time there is a foundation to work on. 80,000+ merchants, more apps, more understanding and places like circle making it super easy to buy in.

Precisely why growth has been logarithmic and not linear.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:21:07 PM

guys wait until the rally starts at least; you start drinking rocket fuel before we take off then we may never do Smiley

i am satoshi
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:24:17 PM

guys wait until the rally starts at least; you start drinking rocket fuel before we take off then we may never do Smiley

I doubt we'll be taking off anytime soon.  Just a return to a higher level and stabilization there would be a healthy start.
Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:27:23 PM

yeah im thinking well stay at 450 500 until early November and we will hit 800 by early Dec

culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 07:37:38 PM

Sit back and enjoy the ride, this is Bitcoin.
riiiiising

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:38:59 PM

This will be a mega rally, probably $100,000 or even more. Where are you now, fallling? Probably crying.  Cheesy Cheesy

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:02:03 PM

This will be a mega rally, probably $100,000 or even more. Where are you now, fallling? Probably crying.  Cheesy Cheesy

are you sure you are not the same person with a split personality? spell "cut your losses" for me? Smiley

i am satoshi
navigator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:04:45 PM

You guys do realize that mining is coupled with the price, right?

Difficulty always lags behind the price.
Mining profitability always trends towards barely profitable.

Just a rough estimate, if the current network was made up of all S3's, it would be valued at about $100million. I would consider us currently in the tad too profitable range. We should be at around $300 or even less. Since price is up, you can expect the difficulty to continue gradually rising. But it can't rise instantly overnight. Miners have to be built, bought, shipped, setup, and turned on. Let's say our current difficulty supports the current price of $400. If we saw an increase to $800, expect another $100mil in mining equip to be added. If price stays up and no new equipment is added, expect miners to start selling everything they make since mining would be too profitable. It's a rubber band effect that always leads to mining being barely profitable. There are too many variables to really go over them all. If price goes up, just remember we need a network to support it.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:10:54 PM

are you sure you are not the same person with a split personality? spell "cut your losses" for me? Smiley

Sorry, but I had to lutz at this!

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:14:49 PM

Just a rough estimate, if the current network was made up of all S3's, it would be valued at about $100million. I would consider us currently in the tad too profitable range. We should be at around $300 or even less. Since price is up, you can expect the difficulty to continue gradually rising. But it can't rise instantly overnight. Miners have to be built, bought, shipped, setup, and turned on. Let's say our current difficulty supports the current price of $400. If we saw an increase to $800, expect another $100mil in mining equip to be added. If price stays up and no new equipment is added, expect miners to start selling everything they make since mining would be too profitable. It's a rubber band effect that always leads to mining being barely profitable. There are too many variables to really go over them all. If price goes up, just remember we need a network to support it.

True

Miners mostly sell directly to the market. If the price bubbles it means more people will attempt to make a profit through mining.
Miners will get pissed because they can't mine fast enough to feed the market. Cloudminers will be understocked.
The market will shoot up since nobody can supply the coins, only those willing to sell.
Price will go to an ATH before people realize the price is insane. Then we go back into a bear phase to blow off.

Price therefore can go to 5 digits if it wants too.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 08:15:20 PM

At least wait until the price doubles once Tongue

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 09:28:14 PM

Sit back and enjoy the ride, this is Bitcoin.

Very well said! look out for the price correction!!
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:29:54 PM

$666

Not above that
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:32:35 PM

$666

Not above that

Dunno if I can take another $666 phase. Let's hope it's 665 instead.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:34:39 PM

True

Miners mostly sell directly to the market. If the price bubbles it means more people will attempt to make a profit through mining.
Miners will get pissed because they can't mine fast enough to feed the market. Cloudminers will be understocked.
The market will shoot up since nobody can supply the coins, only those willing to sell.
Price will go to an ATH before people realize the price is insane. Then we go back into a bear phase to blow off.

Price therefore can go to 5 digits if it wants too.

Even worse, if the price bubbles miners do not sell, creating much more scarcity in the market.

Right now an enormous amount of the demand is being satisfied off-market by miners. In a bull market, miners hold onto their coins for obvious reason therefore demand turns to exchange and price shoots up.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: