Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:10:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How soon will schoolbooks include Bitcoin :)?  (Read 2215 times)
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:37:39 PM

I don't want to introduce my kids to BTC this early. College is a perfect time to introduce them. So maybe college education might start financial and technology based course on BTC. Cool

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:10:25 PM

i think public/state schools wont want kids knowing too much, but private/prep schools probably would teach it as they are more likely to be the next generation of elitists.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:21:31 PM

Bitcoin will probably hit public schools the instant the government can figure out a way to fit it into the narrative that they want kids to believe. Until then, I still think using Bitcoin for your kids' allowance will be a good way to teach them about money and budgeting.
lilin321

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:21:59 PM

if the schoolbooks are not include bitcoin,you can teach your children the BTC knowledge. Grin Grin

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:26:33 PM

How soon will schoolbooks include Bitcoin Smiley?

and explain our kids about traditional 'money creation' (out of thin air) by the FED, etc ...

depends which you have in mind, on collages i am sure they talk of it this year. for sure will in year that start in 2015. For primary school might take even decade.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:30:08 PM

It's not Bitcoin, but Piggycoin is designed to help teach kids about crypto and is starting to see a little action on the education front:
http://www.piggy-coin.com/amillionreasons-youcanlearnanything-khanacademy/

It's a start.I wouldn't hold my breath for bitcoin in textbooks. Rule of thumb is you have to wait 50 years to get something into a textbook, and I'm not certain that's changed all that much since the shift to internet-based education (though you'd think it would). More targeted educational initiatives like piggycoin are probably what's needed.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 01:54:21 PM

My sister is 13 years old, just entered to the junior middle school. She told me her teacher gave a lesson about bitcoin. I was really surprised at the news. She learnt what is bitcoin and how to mine it.

Are you sure? Name me the school and the subject they are teaching. I would accept if you are telling me it is part of university research but for 13 yo?

btcgoldsilver

Activity: 63

Bitcoins Gold Silver

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:09:26 PM

Most countries will avoid the subject of money creation at all costs last thing they want is the future generation of consumers waking up.

16ZodW6mxFkmxrCy5MSii7PLJ6VdfNknue
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:18:36 PM

high-school.... never.

schools currently dont teach kids how to fill in taxes or teach kids much about true value of money as it is. as if governments would allow bitcoin to become part of curriculum for high schoolers.

although for colleges and universities, bitcoin is already part of some curriculum
This is quite true. When I graduated high school, nobody told me how to those things, how to get a passport, nothing. You had to figure it all out on yourself.
They don't even teach any of these in college, unless you go to something related like economy and whatnot. So no, I don't see Bitcoin being teached in the future unless an epic revolution happens where it is included in contemporary history class. Other than that, you'll maybe find it in science related subjects in college.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:44:11 PM

I don't know if bitcoin will be included anytime soon in the books,especially those for kids at middle or high school.But even for the books in university,I don't see it happening soon due to the fact that bitcoin isn't widely known and there's a strong misconception about it amongst people.

peperapijames

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

My sister is 13 years old, just entered to the junior middle school. She told me her teacher gave a lesson about bitcoin. I was really surprised at the news. She learnt what is bitcoin and how to mine it.

which country do you live in?
BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 04:51:14 PM

in some big country , yes soon they will teach or at least there will be some explanation about BTC at school.
but for some 3rd country and poor country , i think not.

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:42:58 PM

We don't even learn how money is created, I don't think they will learn about Bitcoin either.

panck4beer

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:58:49 PM

You need to send your kid to economics at college for this. It is not so complicated concept for lower education, but you know, you cant rule so easily very educated low class Smiley

btcduke

Activity: 70

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:51:04 AM

It won't be too long. We'll see btc in the schoolbooks of our kids or grandchildren, or kisds' grandchildren....
As long as we live long enough, the day is coming.

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:27:20 AM

high-school.... never.

schools currently dont teach kids how to fill in taxes or teach kids much about true value of money as it is. as if governments would allow bitcoin to become part of curriculum for high schoolers.

although for colleges and universities, bitcoin is already part of some curriculum
This is quite true. When I graduated high school, nobody told me how to those things, how to get a passport, nothing. You had to figure it all out on yourself.
They don't even teach any of these in college, unless you go to something related like economy and whatnot. So no, I don't see Bitcoin being teached in the future unless an epic revolution happens where it is included in contemporary history class. Other than that, you'll maybe find it in science related subjects in college.
Economics and finance majors are the most profitable college degrees and will generally provide students the most valuable skills. They generally do not teach students the value of money for individual people but rather the value of money for businesses and corporations and governments.

One thing that you will not be taught when you get a degree in economics is how to get a passport LOL

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:27:50 AM

What subjects does btc fits in? They never mention nixon shock.
Dakarev

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:56:33 PM

Most countries will avoid the subject of money creation at all costs last thing they want is the future generation of consumers waking up.

Conditioning is an important tool.
utarinues

Activity: 114

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:32:56 PM

What subjects does btc fits in?

Centralized vs decentralized or gold standard
Rub3n

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 10:50:10 PM

Some university has opened course about BTC.

They gave our college IT starter students 2 euro's worth in BTC at the start of their education. With a training and introduction on how to use it at local BTC accepting places in my hometown.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: