Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:09:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will I ever be rich?  (Read 3789 times)
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:17:17 PM

Haha this kid you out of high school yet?

'will my broke ass ever be rich' 'i have more other people's money then you could ever dream of' HAHAHA

Keep posting lol this is gold. Soon btc will be in the shadows and you will be out of money to beg while trying to get another go at your daddy's puny punjab dick.

This is the same pussy virgin who refused to meet up with me after he threatened me online. Pretty sure you are some overweight piece of shit living at home, you were probably raised by a 2nd class family... I hate associating with scum like you. Ignoring this bitch from now on

LOL this lying little pussy. I invited him to meet up and he stopped responding and now tries to make bitch moves HAHAHA

'ignore' button so handy when you can't take the heat bitch Cheesy

Keep thinking good thoughts, whatever helps you sleep at night boy Smiley

Honeypot

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:44:31 PM

Mow my lawn u pussy mexican beaner.... ur whore of a mom is cleaning my apartment right now, i should slap her around with my dick

Very interesting way to 'ignore' someone sending this message right after HAHA

We will be keeping tabs on you on a regular basis and watch you cry yourself to sleep on the floor wishing for bitcoin to be 10k USD.

Fucking grade A pussy right here.
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:56:49 PM

This is hilarious.

To Dafar: yes, just give it time.
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:04:11 PM

21 BTC is, as somebody already stated, one millionth of total supply.

Global M2 is, I believe, $74 trillion.

For you to have $2.1 million in purchasing power, BTC would have to be at a market cap of $12.5 trillion. 

I don't personally think there is any way in hell that blockchain transactions will represent almost 17% of the money supply in 3-5 years.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3966

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:15:33 PM

I've seen you on the forums since november last year. Are you even learning?

Please go

I like how no one on this thread so far cares about posting timeframes.  Likely because the majority here think in terms of months, not years.  Blame the ADD generation.

Dafar, if you hold those coins for 20 years then Yes I guarantee that you'll be rich.  Maybe sooner.  Maybe even in 10 years.  But I'd bet my life you won't have it in you to hold them for that long.  You'll sell some the first time you think that you need some money (e.g., college, car, house, stupid wedding, frivolous purchase, whatever).  And you'll have sold them all long before 20 years have passed.  And you will be regretting it, telling all your friends and family "Man, if I had just held..."

If you're thinking that you'll be rich in 6 months, 12 months, or even 24 months, then No.

I'm thinking in terms of at least 3-5 years.

I will not sell any of these coins unless there is another insane rally. 20 years is too long though... in that amount of time there is more of a risk coinbase shuts down or I simply lose my BTC via HD crash

you'll have a few million dollars in today's purchasing power in 10-20 years, most people would consider that rich.

Yes that's what I mean by "rich".... a few millions $ in today's purchasing power, it's not all that much but comfortable  

21 BTC being worth a total of $1-2M in 3-5 years?  Very, highly doubtable.  You'll be lucky if the exchange value is $10-20K per BTC in 5 years.  But who knows, maybe the world will have fallen in love with bitcoin by that time and demand grows crazy.

And I still don't think you'll be able to hold them all that long.  99% can't or won't.  Please be the exception!  Cheesy

I agree, most people won't hold that long.
AAPL was at split adjusted 0.937 in april of 2003, less than a dozen years ago. How many who bought then held until now-very few if any.
Same will be with BTC if it will go up 100-fold in the next 12 years (by the year 2026).
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:36:11 PM

I've seen you on the forums since november last year. Are you even learning?

Please go

I like how no one on this thread so far cares about posting timeframes.  Likely because the majority here think in terms of months, not years.  Blame the ADD generation.

Dafar, if you hold those coins for 20 years then Yes I guarantee that you'll be rich.  Maybe sooner.  Maybe even in 10 years.  But I'd bet my life you won't have it in you to hold them for that long.  You'll sell some the first time you think that you need some money (e.g., college, car, house, stupid wedding, frivolous purchase, whatever).  And you'll have sold them all long before 20 years have passed.  And you will be regretting it, telling all your friends and family "Man, if I had just held..."

If you're thinking that you'll be rich in 6 months, 12 months, or even 24 months, then No.

I'm thinking in terms of at least 3-5 years.

I will not sell any of these coins unless there is another insane rally. 20 years is too long though... in that amount of time there is more of a risk coinbase shuts down or I simply lose my BTC via HD crash

you'll have a few million dollars in today's purchasing power in 10-20 years, most people would consider that rich.

Yes that's what I mean by "rich".... a few millions $ in today's purchasing power, it's not all that much but comfortable  

21 BTC being worth a total of $1-2M in 3-5 years?  Very, highly doubtable.  You'll be lucky if the exchange value is $10-20K per BTC in 5 years.  But who knows, maybe the world will have fallen in love with bitcoin by that time and demand grows crazy.

And I still don't think you'll be able to hold them all that long.  99% can't or won't.  Please be the exception!  Cheesy

I agree, most people won't hold that long.
AAPL was at split adjusted 0.937 in april of 2003, less than a dozen years ago. How many who bought then held until now-very few if any.
Same will be with BTC if it will go up 100-fold in the next 12 years (by the year 2026).

Yep.  The other think people forget is also the constant downward pressure of early adopters, miners, and whales.  Of course it is a good thing that they sell a little on the way up, as wider distribution will hopefully create a less volatile market.  But the fact remains that any selling along the way by early adopters, miners, and whales will constantly slow the progress to a higher exchange rate, as their rate of selling (and not buying back at same price) will likely throttle up and down to match the public demand (as well as increasing hashrate, slowing inflation, etc.)

Imagine if, starting today, 95% of the world's gold or diamond mines and reserves were in the hands of like a 1000 people (and before gold & diamonds were even deemed to be all that "valuable" by the populous).  It would take a longer time for a wider distribution of gold or diamonds to occur throughout the world populous and still have a steady climb in yearly exchange rate.
SatishMotaNaak1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:48:06 PM

Be rich at heart Wink
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:22:43 PM

Yep.  The other think people forget is also the constant downward pressure of early adopters, miners, and whales.  Of course it is a good thing that they sell a little on the way up, as wider distribution will hopefully create a less volatile market.  But the fact remains that any selling along the way by early adopters, miners, and whales will constantly slow the progress to a higher exchange rate, as their rate of selling (and not buying back at same price) will likely throttle up and down to match the public demand (as well as increasing hashrate, slowing inflation, etc.)

Imagine if, starting today, 95% of the world's gold or diamond mines and reserves were in the hands of like a 1000 people (and before gold & diamonds were even deemed to be all that "valuable" by the populous).  It would take a longer time for a wider distribution of gold or diamonds to occur throughout the world populous and still have a steady climb in yearly exchange rate.

Most people see a binary outcome: either bitcoin will be very valuable or it will be not valuable at all (close to zero).
I think that a third situation is possible: bitcoin will be a nontrivial portion of the total gold value, which is ~8 trln.
So, at 10% of gold, BTC will be valued at ~800bil or ~40K/BTC.
Incidentally, if all millionaires invest 1% of their money in BTC, BTC will have to be at ~$55K (millionaires have ~$115 tril of wealth).
This makes $40-50K a very reasonable number.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:31:17 PM

It's a bit too soon to be bullish about Bitcoin ever reaching $trillions, especially when it only has 500K-2M users and hasn't shown any indication of large scale userbase expansion yet.   We don't even have the Yahoo of digital currencies yet.  Internet in 1989 had more users than Bitcoin.   

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:34:48 PM

It's a bit too soon to be bullish about Bitcoin ever reaching $trillions, especially when it only has 500K-2M users and hasn't shown any indication of large scale userbase expansion yet.   We don't even have the Yahoo of digital currencies yet.  Internet in 1989 had more users than Bitcoin.    

there was no true Internet in 1989 (with browsers, etc.), just email, usenet, etc. The concept of www was just introduced in 1989.
Wary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:06:19 AM

Yep.  The other thinkg people forget is also the constant downward pressure of early adopters, miners, and whales.  Of course it is a good thing that they sell a little on the way up, as wider distribution will hopefully create a less volatile market.  But the fact remains that any selling along the way by early adopters, miners, and whales will constantly slow the progress to a higher exchange rate, as their rate of selling (and not buying back at same price) will likely throttle up and down to match the public demand (as well as increasing hashrate, slowing inflation, etc.)

FTFY. (It took a while for me to figure it out Smiley)

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
fa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:25:35 AM

21 BTC

200 LTC
First, define rich. If we set a million $ goal, then yes  Cool. You'll be a rich dude in about 10 years.
Bonam

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:57:55 AM

If you have to ask the question, then the answer is no.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:50:15 AM

Getting rich is 99.99% luck, the more BTC, the more tickets you have to win the lottery. Simple as that. Now with that amount of BTC... if BTC survives long enough, you may be rich, but you will be old too. This is the trade for most people that do not inherit or aren't extremely lucky (early BTC investors), we have to become old and bald in order to get somewhat of a wealthy position, it's a joke.
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:47:01 PM

Most people see a binary outcome: either bitcoin will be very valuable or it will be not valuable at all (close to zero).
I think that a third situation is possible: bitcoin will be a nontrivial portion of the total gold value, which is ~8 trln.
So, at 10% of gold, BTC will be valued at ~800bil or ~40K/BTC.
Incidentally, if all millionaires invest 1% of their money in BTC, BTC will have to be at ~$55K (millionaires have ~$115 tril of wealth).
This makes $40-50K a very reasonable number.

It might take 10 years to achieve that. If so, I am happy.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:03:39 PM

That is not a lot of bitcoin in my opinion.
Any average joe can buy this amount.

Wouldn't count on getting rich just yet.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:30:31 PM

21 BTC

200 LTC

You already are rich. There are tiny amount of people owning 1 BTC. and almost none own more then 20.

Better question would be: I own 0.21 BTC, will i ever be rich?
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:17:25 PM

21 BTC

200 LTC

You already are rich. There are tiny amount of people owning 1 BTC. and almost none own more then 20.

Better question would be: I own 0.21 BTC, will i ever be rich?

The purchasing power of 21 BTC does not make me rich, in anyone's standards

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:36:27 PM

trade altcoins, either you x-times your money (in hours/days/weeks) and will be forever grateful to me or you gonna lose all your money and hate me  Cheesy

if you can do the former, it wont take long until you can count yourself rich

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:51:24 PM

trade altcoins, either you x-times your money (in hours/days/weeks) and will be forever grateful to me or you gonna lose all your money and hate me  Cheesy

if you can do the former, it wont take long until you can count yourself rich

Already lost 8-10 BTC trading SHIT coins.... never touching shit coins again. I'm holding some LTC but it's down 80% since I bought it.... not gonna buy more.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████