Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:32:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Politics, statism, anarchism, racism; split from: Wall Observer thread  (Read 5398 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:09:03 AM

But I'm not asking for proof--I'm willing to settle for a show.

Many of us are asking for the show. All we get are weenies crying for regulation. It's like they're scared that it might turn out that the regulation emperor has no clothes so they can't permit something to remain unregulated. Leave Bitcoin alone and when it crashes to nothing, you can point and sing "I told you so". Suits me fine.

No, weenies are telling you to man up and stop imagining that you're a failure because regulations.  You would be a lulzier failure without regulations.  Some high school kids would've prob'ly tied you to their bumper and dragged you around some Costco parking lot for luls.

You want no regulations?  Stop bawwing about it, and overthrow them statist oppressors, you whiny man-child.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:14:18 AM

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of Bitcoin would realize that Bitcoin is not a deflationary, but an inflationary economy currency.  Bitcoin's money supply is currently inflating at 10% a year.
Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of Austrian economics would realize that it has been kicked to the curb by modern economics.  Some parts of it were incorporated, others simply left out to rot--so that passing children could point their fingers and laugh.

Anyone with half a brain would realize Bitcoin's inflation is not comparable to fiat currencies inflation.

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of history would realize Austrian economics has been kicked to the curb by incumbents who profit from Keynesian system.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:14:57 AM

I believe in consumer protection.

Go play with some fiat. Bitcoin is for adults, not children.

Would you want to go to a doctor that doesn't have a license that is overseen by a board that makes sure he/she is qualified to treat you? Or would you be okay with dying knowing that eventually the free market will get rid of that doctor....and either another unfit doctor will take his place (and will be replaced once negilance occurs  by the free market) or maybe you will get a good doctor to take their place? Or maybe it doesn't matter since you'd be dead anyways right?

So glad Harold Shipman turned out to be a fraud and not a fully licensed doctor. I was worried for a bit there.

If there was complete deregulation there would be Shipmans on every street corner -- in Victorian England there were.   Hardly a credible argument.

One question:

If self-regulation in Bittopia works, how come all the evidence suggests it has failed miserably thus far?

njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:19:44 AM

If self-regulation in Bittopia works, how come all the evidence suggests it has failed miserably thus far?
Not that I agree with the premise, but what makes you think it couldn't succeed given time to adapt and build? Or does success have a time frame?
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:20:19 AM

Your logic, in a nutshell:
We have cops, but we still have crooks.  Therefore, if we didn't have cops, we wouldn't have crooks.  Shit will take care of itself because mises.org.  Because positive energy going into positive projects.
Because don't give me concrete examples of fail in Bitcoinland 'coz who's got time for that?  I gots life outsid of Bitcoin Cool

What have I missed?
No, we have cops but we still have crooks. If we didn't have cops, we would still have crooks. Police departments are, on occasion, more crooked than the communities they police. If municipalities didn't monopolize policing authority and allowed for community-organized and competing policing authorities, the market would do a better job than the centralized governmental monopoly. See how I'm not for anarchy but for anti-authoritarianism? Pretty simple, not rocket science. You're likely the type to think citizens are smart enough to elect good government leaders but not smart enough to mind their community and person. That's definitely more logical. And if you need me to list the positive businesses in "Bitcoinland," you're just being disagreeable Smiley You know perfectly well that the majority of bitcoin business is successful.

The state does not have a monopoly on policing, see security guards, body guards, mall cops, etc., etc.   Educate yourself before typing.
And again, "there are cops more crooked yadda yadda."  Yes, there are.  There are 426 Hemi builds that can't outrun a Prius.  Extrapolating anything meaningful from that is simply idiotic.
The stale argument that "if you can elect a president, you can come up with sound working regulations for the nuclear industry" is just beyond duh Roll Eyes
njcarlos

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:21:53 AM

The state does not have a monopoly on policing, see security guards, body guards, mall cops, etc., etc.
Those are private entities and have no public authority. Those guards call governmental police. Now you're just being an idiot, and I was letting your passive aggressive snarky comments slide because they're childish, but really? And I said "on occassion," or do you like to mince words to suit your argument? No where did I say most, or even many, police departments are more crooked. Christ. /conversation.
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:23:50 AM

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of Bitcoin would realize that Bitcoin is not a deflationary, but an inflationary economy currency.  Bitcoin's money supply is currently inflating at 10% a year.
Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of Austrian economics would realize that it has been kicked to the curb by modern economics.  Some parts of it were incorporated, others simply left out to rot--so that passing children could point their fingers and laugh.

Anyone with half a brain would realize Bitcoin's inflation is not comparable to fiat currencies inflation.

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of history would realize Austrian economics has been kicked to the curb by incumbents who profit from Keynesian system.

Yeah yeah yeah.  Fiat's buying power has TRIPLED relative BTC in the year 2014.  

"We just never had a chance to make it work, IF we did, it woulda been awesome!"  Sure.  Show me some product Smiley
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:26:29 AM

The state does not have a monopoly on policing, see security guards, body guards, mall cops, etc., etc.
Those are private entities and have no public authority. Those guards call governmental police...

What authority would you like them to have that they do not have already?  You guys have so many daddy issues...

And don't just pick one thing and answer it.  Here's what you're responding to:
The state does not have a monopoly on policing, see security guards, body guards, mall cops, etc., etc.   Educate yourself before typing.
And again, "there are cops more crooked yadda yadda."  Yes, there are.  There are 426 Hemi builds that can't outrun a Prius.  Extrapolating anything meaningful from that is simply idiotic.
The stale argument that "if you can elect a president, you can come up with sound working regulations for the nuclear industry" is just beyond duh Roll Eyes
marcelus

Activity: 297

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:28:01 AM

"We just never had a chance to make it work, IF we did, it woulda been awesome!"  Sure.  Show me some product Smiley

Don't worry, it's coming.
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:30:13 AM

Don't worry, it's coming.

Trust me, I'm not worried Cheesy
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:34:43 AM

Bitcoin has an inelastic supply, so it is inflating faster than fiat, however the market demand is inflating at a few orders of magnitude grater than than supply, the net result is deflation, don't like it save your fiat in a bank.

If we lived in a Monetarists world, the algorithm would be inflating the supply to stabilize the price, anyone who thinks this is a good approach to managing economic energy i.e. rationing the finite resources of our limited planet, robbing 99.9% who dont know any better, hiding market identified needs, through the smoke of regulating, all the while pushing the agenda that your are protecting them from the bad actors, is supporting a bunch of moral delinquents.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
brg444

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:36:01 AM

Bitcoin did not appear in 2014.

I'm not sure what is more tragic, your short-sightedness or the fact that you literally spend hours on this forum trying to convince yourself you are right.

A quick look shows me you average 40 post per day on this board this month. If, as you have mentioned earlier, trading is not a cooperative game, then why are you here? Surely not for trading advice or insights.

Your insolence and high horse approach is certainly not helping anyone reconsider their interest for Bitcoin as well. So what is your purpose here?

Why are you so obsessed with Bitcoin.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:39:26 AM

Bitcoin has an inelastic supply, so it is inflating faster than fiat, however the market demand is inflating at a few orders of magnitude grater than than supply, the net result is deflation, don't like it save your fiat in a bank.

No, you're wrong.
Bitcoin's price, in relation to USD, has fallen by two thirds this year, while the supply has increased by ~9%.  Basic supply/demand equilibrium suggests that the demand has ... decreased Sad
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:41:20 AM

I'm not sure what is more tragic, your short-sightedness or the fact that you literally spend hours on this forum trying to convince yourself you are right.

A quick look shows me you average 40 post per day on this board this month. If, as you have mentioned earlier, trading is not a cooperative game, then why are you here? Surely not for trading advice or insights.

Your insolence and high horse approach is certainly not helping anyone reconsider their interest for Bitcoin as well. So what is your purpose here?

isnt it is obvious that he was paid troll, maybe paid by the bank

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10450

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:41:44 AM

The bitcoin product is already a tangible item and it is successful with a network of infrastructure built around it and the blockchain, and it is likely going to continue to receive building around it and the blockchain and imitations etc. etc. 

Bitcoin is also more probable to get bigger, rather than smaller with the passage of time.  Surely, bitcoin and the blockchain could die in the next 2-5 years; however, the odds seem to be against that and on the other hand, the odds seem to be in favor of the building on and around the blockchain is going to continue to take place to such an extent that bitcoin and the blockchain are going to become more and more common in more and more niches throughout the world.

We all need paciencia to witness the evolution of these expansions of the blockchain along with bitcoin.   And, that part of the reason why we have this expression... cut your goose loose!!!!, and get into bitcoin while the getting is good... otherwise we will see you later down the road.. you will still be welcome to enter into bitcoin, but the entry price will be a bit higher.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:43:55 AM

i have to communicate to the LamChop through all of you, i have him on ignore, i have been on here almost 3 years and he is the first troll i had to ignore, my apologies to the rest of you who are subject to his belligerent and persistent ignorance.

I am officially LamChop's ignorant, and it is bliss.  

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
brg444

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:44:45 AM

No, you're wrong.
Bitcoin's price, in relation to USD, has fallen by two thirds this year, while the supply has increased by ~9%.  Basic supply/demand equilibrium suggests that the demand has ... decreased Sad

2014 is not going to help you much longer. Use it at your dishonest convenience while you still can  Wink

NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:47:00 AM

Bitcoin did not appear in 2014.  Neither did the dollar.  WTF does that have to do with anything?
And no, I'm not looking for advice or insights, don't be absurd.  I consider eradicating idiocy my noblesse oblige.
U don't even need to thank me.
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:50:03 AM

Not that I agree with the premise, but what makes you think it couldn't succeed given time to adapt and build? Or does success have a time frame?

Gox put the project back significantly, indeed we are still picking through the rubble.  How many more such 'adaption events' do you think we would need?  Would you prefer the 'patient' dead?

For me, regulation has always been on the agenda for the Bitcoin and there was an opportunity (early days) to take control and self-regulate but it was squandered due to misplaced idealism.  In the history of human evolution we have shown our need for rules and structure to survive and thrive; the idea that something as fundamental as 'money' could be left to an anarchic 'structure' was pretty naive.

The BTC 'community' provided its own rope to hang itself with by allowing Shrem, Karpeles, Brewster etc etc to get any away with their schemes/incompetence; by the communities inaction/naivete they showed their inability to self-regulate and thus opened the door for external agencies to regulate instead.

You are probably familiar with the phrase:
"Charity begins at home"

but probably less so with the second line...
"justice begins next door"

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10450

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:50:50 AM

isnt it is obvious that he was paid troll, maybe paid by the bank

Should be pretty obvious, that LambChops is a paid shill and disingenuous and engaged in tactics to distract from meaningful discussions in this forum by continuing to spread incorrect, misleading and garbage information regarding bitcoin.. and though at times it appears that he makes attempts at being entertaining, with those many cute cartoons that he is paid to find and construct.. though when in reality, he is a BIG ASS jerk... who is attempting to deceive people regarding their considerations about bitcoin and about BTC price movements and about the future of BTC.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: