Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Politics, statism, anarchism, racism; split from: Wall Observer thread  (Read 5398 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 11:21:20 AM

I would love to see how your way would work out, if only for curiosity. I just don't want the experiment to happen where I live.

The ability to have a choice...

wouldn't it be nice?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:21:41 AM

You can check out http://www.bitpools.com to see an example of how people can come together for major projects and vote with their money without being forced.

A bunch of anarchists...using the Bitcoin blockchain to vote on how their money is spent...who woulda thunk it.

Yah, so why don't you anarchists get together and overthrow evol statist pigs?
You know you wanna.
Weakling Cheesy

@octaft:  Like you, I once tried reasoning with these nutters.  Until it became clear that I would have better luck reasoning with a rusty shovel.

Or just bypass them. Like creating an alternative currency and not using their system.

Perhaps one that is decentralized and cannot be shut down.

You have had several milania to "bypass them."  How is that working out for you, weakling?  And if you feel you've succeeded, then why all the moping about the evols of gubermints?
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:22:16 AM

How do we want a society with no rulers to be? Unfair question, we don't know, and we don't want to know in advance, because that would be exactly what we do not want: a society planned by some rulers.

It is not to be done by a revolution. Just try with user payment, freedom, when a balance is found, sell it off. No school system can exist totally without user payment and with total regulation. The same goes for health care, roads and whatever. Just relax on the use of force, man, see what happens.

As I said before, we have evidence of what happens when government suddenly collapses. The results are not good, and are indicative of what you can expect from your fellow man, which is little to none unless you were friends previously (and even then you worry they'll turn traitor). Just because it happens in a more peaceful way does not mean that you are really putting a lot of faith in humanity to simply trust everyone to do right.

You looked into your own soul and saw chaos and horror?

NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:22:55 AM

I would love to see how your way would work out, if only for curiosity. I just don't want the experiment to happen where I live.

The ability to have a choice...

wouldn't it be nice?

Stop whining and begging, and take from the statist oppressors what's rightfully yours!

Too weak, too scared, or too lazy?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 11:24:34 AM

In the US the last rebellion did not succeed and the US government continued to get stronger. I doubt they will get overthrown nor would I be part of it. They will fall on their own without anyone's help.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:25:02 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 11:48:35 AM by empowering

Do any of you statists even know what anarchy is? You all seem to be using the late 20th century propagandised definition for some reason.

You're right, Anarchy have many definitions and it is pointless to talk about something people have very different definitions.

I wish people knew some basic about discussion before talking.

Why is it pointless to gather information on the opinions of others? If it turns out that it's the different definition of anarchy causing the dispute, then a simple clarification from the anarchists would indicate that, and we could further the discussion.

So again, somebody, enlighten us "weak statists" about what makes you big strong anarchy man.

Fair enough, saying I'm an adult should be enough.

You're ducking his real point and you know you're doing it.

It makes no difference if you're 16 or 60, the question is have you ever seen human brutality from anywhere outside of a computer screen? Have you ever witnessed it, experienced what it's like to be there, to be a victim of it? Because if you can't, then you really have no earthly idea how you would actually respond in that situation.

More weakness. Sophistry instead of sound arguments. Your "faith in humanity" is just another variant of "but my feels!".

The world is a harsh place, and it won't get any easier with an outlook like that. Work on constructive solutions.

Uhh, you do realize I said I lack faith in humanity. It is my belief that many do not commit crimes out of fear for the law, not out of any moral obligation. Furthermore, it is my belief that if shit hits the fan, a great amount of people that didn't need to commit crimes in our current society will be willing to do anything up to and including murder to ensure their own are fed.

Is a world where you could wind up with the business end of a hammer in the back of your skull without warning a world you want to live in? Is a world where leaders are decided by how bloodthirsty they are, and power vacuums are created constantly a world you want to live in? If so, then I'd ask you the same question: how much human brutality have you experienced?

And if you truly think you're "hard" enough to survive in that environment, just remember that unless you're the hardest guy in the world, there's always someone harder.

"Crypto Anarchy Cyberstates and Pirate Utopias. - Pete Ludlow - (Tim C May, David Brin et al)

http://monoskop.org/images/4/42/Ludlow_Peter_Crypto_Anarchy_Cyberstates_and_Pirate_Utopias.pdf

Cyphernomicon Timothy C May

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/crypto/cypherpunks/cyphernomicon/CP-FAQ

For people interested in cryptography, and in the topics being discussed today regarding "anarchy" and society, and the state and defining and redefining the definitions of its reach and its boundaries in an ever increasing technological age, then the above is some good/interesting (essential?) background reading"

it seems to me that the issues we are talking about, are actually evolving , both sides of the "argument" and that looking at things in a totally linear way is not going to help.

The world is (as it always has been) changing, and evolving, and I am hoping, as many people are, that we can get past the most crucial elements of society , being decided, or ruled by "the business end of a hammer"

The world has changed a lot in the past 100 years, and will continue to do so.

There are very clear, and very real arguments for evolving the current systems we have in place, "government" as it is today is far from perfect, and far from the answer to everything.  Pure "anarchy" in the terms, that 12 years old see it, is of course far from perfect... (nobody serious, or genuine in the wish to debate sees "anarchy" as being the definition of no government at all, imo)

There is a very good case that some of the roles currently undertaken by central governments, can be replaced, as many roles will be, by other mechanisims, which are fairer, less expensive, more democratic, and that reduce the potential for abuse at the hands of power hungry and evil pigs , that seem to flock into politics. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, the more centralised power is, the more the potential for corruption at the core becomes a problem. The same reason that communism did not work, is the same reason the system we have now does not work.  If any of the jobs currently undertaken by swindling politicans can be replaced by a machine or public votes or protocol or a combination of all of the above, and the result is good, then I am all for it.

To say, that you must have a plan, to replace government is fair enough, however, it does not mean that the conversation is over , or that you have come to a solution yourself. Semantics, is still semantics.  The problem is real and is becoming more and more evident, and the discussion will continue because of this alone.

The idea, that something that has never been possible before, can be made possible in the future, is also acceptable, and even probable, the idea that things will stay the same for ever, is highly unlikely.

There is nothing wrong with questioning and exploring everything, yes, everything, from the ideas of "anarchy" or "libertarianism" to the concept of government, big government, small government... there would not even be anything wrong, with taking the best bits fro everything, and leaving the rest, an coming up with something that is possible in the coming ages, and that works, or at least works better than what we have now. I am a proponent of change, of progress, of adapting, of evolution.. and also of accepting the realities we face.

Anyone that is not concerned about the path that we have been taken down in the past, and more importantly actually the hole we have been taken down, in the past 20 years especially, and continue to go down, in terms or big government and big finance and big industry, and the implications that it has for future society,  and the things happening right now as we speak, that have far reaching implications on our political and our society and our futures, and humanities future... is just not paying attention.

There is a very grave risk from crony government, and their cohorts, to the liberty and future, anyone that ignores this, has their head in the sand.  

To question, is not necessarily to mock, and it is not necessarily to evoke and entrench ones self in a polarising manner.

It seems to be a waste, if all one is interested in is bickering the same old tired positions, while the world is busy morphing before their very eyes, and making the arguments of both sides almost redundant, or worse, too late to question anymore.

Big government , it is starting to become evident once again, is not a good thing.

No government, no systems rather , at all is not a good thing either.

Guess what, there is something inbetween!!

With technology, and minds and people and the will to question, explore, solution finding... things that were not possible     before... become possible...

Things change.

Things are changing.

Evolving society, evolving law and government and techology are all happening. (and are all double edged swords, and none are closed loop systems)

If people like it or  not, the debate about these things and the potential for change from de-cecentralisation, and automation, is on the menu for discussion, they are part of the body of potential solutions to problems, that ARE real, and the solutions are being explored and will continue to be explored, and no doubt will have some impact on the future of this world, not only in terms of business, but in terms of governance and society too.  That much is for sure.

We have to be careful though, as the government at the moment, and their puppet masters in big industry, are continuing to attempt to continue to have absolute control over the architecture of society, the very veins that the structures of society stands (indeed this is how power is mantained, be it oil or water etc but more and more so no it be in the realms of information and data (inc money))

Having control of the architecture, in this case,  of information renders privacy as void, which means that there is no free speech, there is no opporftunity for true political dissent, there is no chance of a meanigful revolution in the event one is needed, there is no freedom of choice. The more they control the architecture , the more ability they have to control the bottlenecks. Bottlenecks in societys mechanisms for protecting itself from a government overstepping the mark. This is essentially bad.

There is , and will be a solution, and things will evolve, to think otherwise renders one a dinosaur, and frankly a bore.

People need to step up to the plate, and more and more people around the world ARE doing just that, there is more and more dialouge and more and more innovation and more and more potential and more and more technology that is coming on line that is going to change the world (bringing new problems along with it as well as solutions)

At the moment, the closest thing I can see to chaos, is the suicide mission that the governments of the west seem to be taking us all on, unless they have got a big secret plan, it seems they are intent on self implosion (US, Euro, UK)  and none of us want that... but yet... that does not seem to stop them, and I bet our votes are not going to change that ever. We might get a chance to test that "power vacuum" version of "anarchy" that keeps being brought up.. and if we do, it will be the government and their crony masters that brought us to that point. Great job, nothing to see here... no room for change, or improvement, or discussion I am sure.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:25:47 AM

Did I refer to statists as "weak" in there somewhere? I doubt it, Ireland a sophisticated and stable anarchy for thousands of years until statists invaded, made slaves of the population and took everything of value That's anything but weak, on the contrary, centralised government puts too much power in the hands of too few.

So the state was more successful than anarchy--what a surprise!
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:27:56 AM

In the US the last rebellion did not succeed and the US government continued to get stronger. I doubt they will get overthrown nor would I be part of it. They will fall on their own without anyone's help.

Aha.  The anarchist approach to dealing with problems:  do nothing, shit will take care of itself Cool

@empowering, re. ur wall of text:  But then you thought the "rally" was taking us to the moon.  How's it goin'?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 11:31:37 AM

The anarchist approach

collectivism...gotta love it

NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:32:40 AM

Aha.  The anarchist approach to dealing with problems:  do nothing, shit will take care of itself Cool

collectivism...gotta love it

FTFY.
octaft

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:32:50 AM

Or just bypass them. Like creating an alternative currency and not using their system.

I'd say most of the bitcoin investments nowadays are from people looking to make more of that dirty green fiat money, instead of people looking to put a dent into the system. They are not destroying your ideal: they are assimilating it.

As I said before, we have evidence of what happens when government suddenly collapses. The results are not good, and are indicative of what you can expect from your fellow man, which is little to none unless you were friends previously (and even then you worry they'll turn traitor). Just because it happens in a more peaceful way does not mean that you are really putting a lot of faith in humanity to simply trust everyone to do right.

You looked into your own soul and saw chaos and horror?

No, I've read numerous stories on what regular people experienced living under those conditions, and am very thankful I have not had to go through it, myself.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 11:35:44 AM

I'd say most of the bitcoin investments nowadays are from people looking to make more of that dirty green fiat money, instead of people looking to put a dent into the system. They are not destroying your ideal: they are assimilating it.

That is fine for them. As long as I can still use bitcoins for what I want. I stopped caring what other people do long ago. I am moving forward, toward freedom.

NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:37:52 AM

That is fine for them. As long as I can still use bitcoins for what I want. I stopped caring what other people do long ago. I am moving forward, toward freedom.

What is it you want to use Bitcoin for?
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:41:28 AM

Aha.  The anarchist approach to dealing with problems:  do nothing, shit will take care of itself Cool

@empowering, re. ur wall of text:  But then you thought the "rally" was taking us to the moon.  How's it goin'?

Yes dear... coochy cooochy cooo... awwhhh look lambchop is dribbling again... owwwhhhh who is a cute wickle lambiechoppy woppie... awwwwhhhh sooo cute...

SO CUTE!!! awwhhh (pinches fat little baby face)

SO CUTE !!!

AWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  LAMBIE WAMBIE CUTIE POOTIE..

(tldr love you  Kiss Kiss Kiss)  

(edit I really meant what I said the first time)

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:41:51 AM

What I already use it for, to spend my money on things.

And how are your statist overlords interfering with that?  Anyone who wants to exchange goods for Bitcoin today can, as I understand it.  And always could.
The problem's not too many people want to Undecided
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 11:42:48 AM

And how are your statist overlords interfering with that?  Anyone who wants to exchange goods for Bitcoin today can, as I understand it.  And always could.

You missed the part about me caring what other people do.

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:44:11 AM

Fair enough, saying I'm an adult should be enough.

You're ducking his real point and you know you're doing it.

It makes no difference if you're 16 or 60,
thank you

the question is have you ever seen human brutality from anywhere outside of a computer screen? Have you ever witnessed it, experienced what it's like to be there, to be a victim of it? Because if you can't, then you really have no earthly idea how you would actually respond in that situation.
I've had some experiences with human brutality:
Witness of murder.
Witness of rape.
train suicide by brother.

It could always be worse, but I think my share is above average.

What are your experiences?
silence damn it, I'm on everybody's ignore list.

edit: nevermind, already found the answer.

No, I've read numerous stories on what regular people experienced living under those conditions, and am very thankful I have not had to go through it, myself.

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:46:09 AM

Its not that not many people want too, its just has to be easier to understand. Theres people like you who run around screaming ponzi scheme!!!! ELEVENTY!!!! at anyone that will listen to you. Bad things stick better than positive things. Just the way it is. Plus this is something new. Add in the fact that there needs to be some regulations. Once regulations ( I hope common sense ones, but then again that is asking alot from elected officals ) watch out.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:48:15 AM

Someone has insider information on BIT and COIN regulatory approval.

Slow steady price rise means they are in stealth accumulation mode.

There is no stealth accumulation. It's just traders pumping and dumping. Get real.

they still pumping, thats the most important thing

And dumping.  That's the other important thing.
How's the rally treatin' you, all good?

Pretty good, I bought in at 280... all that time guys like you were running around screaming about the end of bitcoin. Each day brings us closer to adaption for every day life. Might as well get on the train.

Stop bullshiting.  Find me a single post where I say anything about "the end of Bitcoin" in the affirmative, and I'll give you an internet.
And now that 280 proved to be the [temporary] bottom, everyone suddenly bought at 280.
Lie better or lie less Undecided
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:49:43 AM

You missed the part about me caring what other people do.

Ah, so you want to spend Bitcoin like money, but you don't care if anyone takes it as money.
Anarchist logic at its finest!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: