Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:35:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So no more Mintpal, eh?  (Read 3727 times)
OptimusPrime7

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:46:45 AM

Still waiting patiently for mintpal to fix up the error... (assume its just a error)

there was no error, if you read between all of the fairly clear lines, Alex Green is a chronic con artist who essentially orchestrated the buy of Mintpal in order to raid it, as well as plunder the financial resources of his financial backers.  Green (just one of his many aliases) did not appear to have a long term perspective, to a sincere desire to "manage" an exchange on a day to day basis, the income is too small and too slow, it is apparent that he rather go for the "oh, I'm sorry this didn't work out, let's go bankrupt and start over or I quit" route.

Mintpal was relatively new to the crypto market, it developed nicely, had it not been for the hack it probably would still be sailing along.  However once in the hands of Moolah it suddenly suffered where it had no problems.  Remember, it was supposed to be taken off line to improve and upgrade security however when it came back online it was worse, in every way.  It was literally set-up to fail.

Mintpal and Moolah was like night and day, good and bad, the contrast was so sharp it caught everyone off guard.

Thanks for the explanation, do you think we would ever get back our BTC? another goxed Sad
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:04:37 PM

Still waiting patiently for mintpal to fix up the error... (assume its just a error)

there was no error, if you read between all of the fairly clear lines, Alex Green is a chronic con artist who essentially orchestrated the buy of Mintpal in order to raid it, as well as plunder the financial resources of his financial backers.  Green (just one of his many aliases) did not appear to have a long term perspective, to a sincere desire to "manage" an exchange on a day to day basis, the income is too small and too slow, it is apparent that he rather go for the "oh, I'm sorry this didn't work out, let's go bankrupt and start over or I quit" route.

Mintpal was relatively new to the crypto market, it developed nicely, had it not been for the hack it probably would still be sailing along.  However once in the hands of Moolah it suddenly suffered where it had no problems.  Remember, it was supposed to be taken off line to improve and upgrade security however when it came back online it was worse, in every way.  It was literally set-up to fail.

Mintpal and Moolah was like night and day, good and bad, the contrast was so sharp it caught everyone off guard.

Thanks for the explanation, do you think we would ever get back our BTC? another goxed Sad

gox never gave back any money, not even the fiat that was scheduled to be mailed out.

nevertheless, I seriously doubt if any btc finds its way back to any investors without physical harm placed on the offenders

chronic con artist need a different stimuli to do right, arrest, jail, fines, and prison is not enough.  They need pain
and suffering.
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:42:32 PM

gox never gave back any money, not even the fiat that was scheduled to be mailed out.

nevertheless, I seriously doubt if any btc finds its way back to any investors without physical harm placed on the offenders

chronic con artist need a different stimuli to do right, arrest, jail, fines, and prison is not enough.  They need pain
and suffering.

Sometimes even this does not help.
Yuzu (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:37:21 PM

and suffering.

Sometimes even this does not help.

I don't think it will help this Alex Green guy.  He's unrepentant.  Believe me, once this blows over I bet he'll be back with a new name and a new scam.  It's just too easy to scam in crypto for a guy like him to resist.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:35:19 AM

I don't think it will help this Alex Green guy.  He's unrepentant.  Believe me, once this blows over I bet he'll be back with a new name and a new scam.  It's just too easy to scam in crypto for a guy like him to resist.

True enough these types will come back for more
The issue is that he has officially pissed a ton of people off so he rather be vigilant because someone out there is hunting for him
And will find him eventually (less the police of course)

Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:23:44 AM

Yup, its dead until btc withdrawal is allowed..
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:47:47 PM

Anybody received any BTC from Mintpal yet?
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:42:22 PM

kinda sorta, the guy that threatened, via twitter,  to kill himself if he didn't get this 150btc  was given back 50 btc by alex green/ryan kennedy -- if you want to count that.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:23:56 AM

kinda sorta, the guy that threatened, via twitter,  to kill himself if he didn't get this 150btc  was given back 50 btc by alex green/ryan kennedy -- if you want to count that.

So he has to threaten three times to get all his BTC back.
BiTJack

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:26:42 AM

So he has to threaten three times to get all his BTC back.

I send them a couple of dm's on twitter to but they don't care for a small amounts of .21 but whatever lesson learned.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: