Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:16:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ToTheMoon.is -- Moneypot in space  (Read 11580 times)
Tothemoonguy (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 02:01:47 PM

out of your faq

What is the most I can bet?
We currently have a bet limit of 1,000,000 bits (1 BTC)!

is this limit for one player or all together in one running game?

The other important thing to keep in mind is that every game has a 1 % chance of instantly crashing. We do not make any money on it, but rather use this to fund the bonus scheme.

if I bet 1 btc and I lose it because of instant crash? please explain ELI5 what will happen with this 1 btc?

thanks

Most you can bet atm is 1 BTC per player individually, max profit per round is 2 BTC.

When you cash out as the last player in a round, you will receive a bonus amount on top as a reward for your longevity. The bonus equals 1% of all players bets. The exact amount you get of that bonus pot depends on the size of your bet. If you bet very little, you will get a smaller amount of the bonus pot, and the rest will be divided to the 2nd, 3th, 4th, etc... players who managed to cash out, until the whole bonus is distributed completely.

elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:08:13 PM

out of your faq

What is the most I can bet?
We currently have a bet limit of 1,000,000 bits (1 BTC)!

is this limit for one player or all together in one running game?

The other important thing to keep in mind is that every game has a 1 % chance of instantly crashing. We do not make any money on it, but rather use this to fund the bonus scheme.

if I bet 1 btc and I lose it because of instant crash? please explain ELI5 what will happen with this 1 btc?

thanks

Most you can bet atm is 1 BTC per player individually, max profit per round is 2 BTC.

When you cash out as the last player in a round, you will receive a bonus amount on top as a reward for your longevity. The bonus equals 1% of all players bets. The exact amount you get of that bonus pot depends on the size of your bet. If you bet very little, you will get a smaller amount of the bonus pot, and the rest will be divided to the 2nd, 3th, 4th, etc... players who managed to cash out, until the whole bonus is distributed completely.

who gets my bet of 1 btc in case of instant crash? the op or the jackpot?
Tothemoonguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 02:30:13 PM

There have been some questions/doubts about our solvency in the chat. Here I have signed this address 1M5kj7JCyd2KiWCbgMkvyAjuzC173nEgsg with 100 BTC on it, saying "These funds belong to the owner of ToTheMoon.is"

IFQ8gFMd4GzGlNDKI66lMXRvD6iZxot2MWJaBMAISRMZ8zRDrekKSfl+z194dRV9f28OlDvX2i7gt97OtZ5psB4=

That's all I can really do at this point, for the rest I can only say please withdraw at will.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:09:44 PM

It never reaches the moon. It should reach the moon when it forces the players to cash out.

Also, how does it crash it space? Maybe it blows up is a better term. You can't crash, unless some asteroid got in the way.

Great idea! I will definitely look into a way to make the rocket reach the moon when max profit is reached.

You definitely have a point with the crashing term, didn't really think about it like that, what about "Rocket exploded" or "Rocket blew up"

Yeah, have some debris floating, and getting bigger and bigger then BOOM! and explosion. Rocket has hit the space station. Rocket has hit asteroid. Rocket get zapped by aliens. And of course, accompanying graphics and sounds.

Here's an address if you think that helps: 19zqu3ZiMSTSwx8G4W6y6PZipYW3EeqKCX

michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:18:09 PM

the graphic is better than moneypot
Hope this is not a 100% copy from moneypot

What you are doing here is clearly not ok, and I feel slighted by the whole thing. You have taken my code, which was made available to you under the condition that all changes must be shared alike in the same fashion -- and have violated this agreement, and ignored my attempts to have it remedied.

Until you comply, I am not willing to provide any support or assistance (something I suspect you might need if the server crashes in the middle of a game), nor give you early disclosure of any security vulnerabilities (something that has happened three times already) or stability effecting bugs. Both you and attackers can discover them at the same time, when changes are pushed to github (after the real moneypot.com is patched)
--snipp--

Well this is must be investigate more since moneypot provide open source code
and somebody will try to copy it

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:19:23 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 03:33:25 PM by sickhouse

How much is 1 bit worth?

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
idzaldy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:24:16 PM

The 5 bits an hour - do you need to stay logged in to recive them? How much is 1 bit?

1 bit worth for 100 satoshi

snuffish

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:56:22 PM

Would be could if the rocket reached the moon and the moon was a "jackpot" Wink

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:56:58 PM

the graphic is better than moneypot
Hope this is not a 100% copy from moneypot
The graphics are indeed better, but the source code is absolutely a copy.  The only two changes I have been able to find is with the deposit/withdrawal system, and the removal of the stats page. Even the configuration options have been left the same.

It's a bit disheartening, I likely spent longer working on the maths of the game then the reskin time took -- and he doesn't even have the decency to provide a link and credit to moneypot.com
Wow that's a low blow... Wont play here anymore, blocking the site in the router Smiley

Likewise, boycotting them from my part.
m19

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:03:04 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 05:15:56 PM by m19

What you are doing here is clearly not ok, and I feel slighted by the whole thing. You have taken my code, which was made available to you under the condition that all changes must be shared alike in the same fashion -- and have violated this agreement, and ignored my attempts to have it remedied.

Until you comply, I am not willing to provide any support or assistance (something I suspect you might need if the server crashes in the middle of a game), nor give you early disclosure of any security vulnerabilities (something that has happened three times already) or stability effecting bugs. Both you and attackers can discover them at the same time, when changes are pushed to github (after the real moneypot.com is patched)

Furthermore, how do you expect anyone to trust you with their balances or to operate the game fairly, when from day one you gone down the path of illegitimacy?

While I'm a big fan of sharing things open source, the license you have put on the code clearly states

The GPL does not require you to release your modified version, or any part of it. You are free to make modifications and use them privately, without ever releasing them.

and

No. The GPL gives him permission to make and redistribute copies of the program if and when he chooses to do so. He also has the right not to redistribute the program, when that is what he chooses.
m19

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:26:04 PM

@m19, yes the GPL does allow that, which is why I explicitly didn't put it under the GPL.

The source code was provided under the terms of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_General_Public_License

See: https://github.com/moneypot/webserver/blob/master/license.txt

You are right, I have read it wrong. I stand corrected. It's a bit weird because the FAQ on http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html doesn't really belong to the license at all.

elm
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:30:49 PM

@m19, yes the GPL does allow that, which is why I explicitly didn't put it under the GPL.

The source code was provided under the terms of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_General_Public_License

See: https://github.com/moneypot/webserver/blob/master/license.txt

you have a nice idea...........but why did you make it open source?
Tothemoonguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 05:13:52 PM

Furthermore, how do you expect anyone to trust you with their balances or to operate the game fairly, when from day one you gone down the path of illegitimacy?

I have deep respect for your contribution, and I am considering it. For now I'm holding of since you're selling it yourself and I'm very uncertain about the new owners. Please allow me this time (it's not even 24 hours online yet).

I rewrote the whole deposit/withdrawal system. The reason for this is that Moneypot uses Coinbase for that, which is a huge liability, I'm not sure if people are aware but Coinbase is actively banning not only gambling sites, but Coinbase customer accounts that are found directly associated with those (cfr. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=747596.0).

So not only are the funds on moneypot's hot wallet stored as unsafe as it gets, players Coinbase accounts become an indirect liability as well. You can not deny that it's completely irresponsible towards your players right now the way it's setup.

I would not run a site that I was not competent enough to maintain, so while assistance is always welcomed and I would love to work together, it's not a necessity for the health of this site.
Talking about security vulnerabilities, I would suggest however that you remove your SSL key from your open source github (https://github.com/moneypot/webserver/blob/master/key.pem).

As a last note, before pinning me on illegitimacy, please don't forget we are talking about a Bitcoin gambling game here, we both went down the path of illegitimacy the moment we put our site online. I signed an address with 100 BTC on it, as proof of solvency, besides that I can only invite you to play and withdraw.

I say competition is good, for both me, the new owners of moneypot (whoever they may be) and above all the players. And let me say once more that I haven't ruled out open sourcing the site or parts of it.
Dobry Den

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:58:44 PM

As a last note, before pinning me on illegitimacy, please don't forget we are talking about a Bitcoin gambling game here, we both went down the path of illegitimacy the moment we put our site online.

Cringe.

OP immediately abandons the few qualities that matter in this scene: trust and character.

Maybe your CSS modifications will make up for it. Roll Eyes
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:12:45 PM

I have deep respect for your contribution, and I am considering it. For now I'm holding of since you're selling it yourself and I'm very uncertain about the new owners. Please allow me this time (it's not even 24 hours online yet).

[...]

And let me say once more that I haven't ruled out open sourcing the site or parts of it.

You don't get to decide whether to "open source" it or not. The project is already open sourced. You get to either share your changes or be in violation of the license you accepted by using the code.

I've left you negative trust linked to this post, and will remove it if you take steps to comply with the code's license.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
elm
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:14:16 PM

[...]

And let me say once more that I haven't ruled out open sourcing the site or parts of it.

You don't get to decide whether to "open source" it or not. The project is already open sourced. You get to either share your changes or be in violation of the license you accepted by using the code.

I've left you negative trust linked to this post, and will remove it if you take steps to comply with the code's license.

CHAPEAU!
DarKSpectrE

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:16:16 PM

RIP ToTheMoon.is
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:17:10 PM

CHAPEAU!

I had to google it:

Chapeau

The literal word comes from the French, and it means 'hat'.

Aside from meaning 'hat' it is also used when giving someone respect, a short way of saying 'hat off' or 'I'm so impressed, I take my hat off'.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
elm
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:19:26 PM

CHAPEAU!

I had to google it:

Chapeau

The literal word comes from the French, and it means 'hat'.

Aside from meaning 'hat' it is also used when giving someone respect, a short way of saying 'hat off' or 'I'm so impressed, I take my hat off'.

Grin Yes You have all my respect!
m19

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:27:25 PM

[...]

Which is sad, considering he did make the game look very slick.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: