Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wouldn't it be nice... (the LazyWhale algorithm)  (Read 24643 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:38:56 AM

What? Y would it give a new signal unless it changed to bear market again.? I thought it wasnt repainting?
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:49:30 PM

@sidhujag

Nope. No change in signal. Like I said earlier, price would have to drop substantially deeper (and remain there for some time), before a sell signal comes in.

But in principle that's possible of course (and I wouldn't call it repainting in that case), so maybe that's what sumantso had in mind? If the signal changes to a 'sell' again (at a loss compared to the previous buy target, obviously), he'd take that as confirmation not to buy?

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:13:44 AM

i still feel comfortable. planets are all aligning.

the 'excitement' of the bear market is giving way to the boredom of sideways. the bears once they realise there is no more profit to be made shorting will return to their caves.

once the fear of bear market is gone, then all the people that have been wanting to buy will start to jump back in. instead FOMO will move this market.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:04:23 PM

the 'excitement' of the bear market is giving way to the boredom of sideways. the bears once they realise there is no more profit to be made shorting will return to their caves.

once the fear of bear market is gone, then all the people that have been wanting to buy will start to jump back in. instead FOMO will move this market.

Agreed. To me it looks like the time for panic is over, but the time for greed/FOMO isn't there yet, hence: sideways (but with a slight upwards bias).

Quite a few in this forum see it differently of course, with a new low being necessary before another sustainable rise can begin... Guess we'll know who was right in a few months.

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:06:33 PM

But in principle that's possible of course (and I wouldn't call it repainting in that case), so maybe that's what sumantso had in mind? If the signal changes to a 'sell' again (at a loss compared to the previous buy target, obviously), he'd take that as confirmation not to buy?

You read my mind Smiley

I will have to wait for a few more days and then can put a part of my salary in Smiley

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:57:25 PM

Agreed. To me it looks like the time for panic is over, but the time for greed/FOMO isn't there yet, hence: sideways (but with a slight upwards bias).

Quite a few in this forum see it differently of course, with a new low being necessary before another sustainable rise can begin... Guess we'll know who was right in a few months.

The ones calling for a new lower low before a sustainable rise will see that low should it ever arrive as a signal that the bear market has not ended, and wait for a new lower low before a sustainable rise will..
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:32:20 PM

The ones calling for a new lower low before a sustainable rise will see that low should it ever arrive as a signal that the bear market has not ended, and wait for a new lower low before a sustainable rise will..

Maybe, but that's not what they should be looking for, but seller exhaustion allowing support to hold after pumps.
So far, both the October and November pumps retraced too much for a new bull market, so it looks fishy.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:37:10 PM

Agree big retraces, but I think that's a sign of a bigger market. Those retraces don't look to be making lower lows. (IMHO) we shall indeed see. Happier to be weighted towards btc right now

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:08:47 PM

It would be nice of oda.krell to post a notice about the indicator flipping to red.

oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:41:55 PM

It would be nice of oda.krell to post a notice about the indicator flipping to red.

Don't worry, if that happens, I will. Signal still says BTC. Not exactly surprising considering that we are hovering around the price at which it flipped green in the first place.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:02:40 PM

That's the beauty of long-term trading algorithms--the longer the term, the longer you won't know how useless they are Cheesy
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:08:20 PM

That's the beauty of long-term trading algorithms--the longer the term, the longer you won't know how useless they are Cheesy

As opposed to high-frequency troll posters: Plenty of data points to conclude, with high confidence, just exactly how pointless the overall contribution is ^_^

windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 02:26:12 PM

I'm not sure why you think his indicator would have changed?

On the scale the indicator uses the market has been basically flat since the change to BTC.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:29:36 PM

As opposed to high-frequency troll posters: Plenty of data points to conclude, with high confidence, just exactly how pointless the overall contribution is ^_^

>likes long-term strategies
>judges strategies of others by short-term results

Might be missing something...

Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:25:16 PM

I'm not sure why you think his indicator would have changed?

On the scale the indicator uses the market has been basically flat since the change to BTC.

Last time it flipped to red it was in July around the 23rd. I have a count by which the market is now in a similar position.

orsotheysaid

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:58:40 PM

That's the beauty of long-term posting storage, you can re-visit people being wrong about how Bitcoin is done and laugh at them as you enjoy the gains. Of course, you'll not be around by then to not face the shame.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:19:23 PM

Nothing more to add. Oda.krell do you know that you are one of rare people here on forum, who still has healthy brains? Respect!
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:21:40 PM

.@ask:  As usual, you have nothing topical to contribute.
Delete your post and don't shit up this thread in the future.
ty
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:44:34 PM

.@ask:  As usual, you have nothing topical to contribute.
Delete your post and don't shit up this thread in the future.
ty
Lamby are you owner of this thread? YOU ARE NOT.  I will leave this thread only if oda would have that wish.

And Lamby - world would be much happier place without people like you. Do you need any additional translation what I am thinking?
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:49:56 PM

I think we should all just try to get along... bulls and bears, serious posters and trolls, hodlers and daytarders, libertarians and mind-controlling space lizards, and so on Cheesy

@ask Thanks for the kind remarks. Must be the new shipment of whisky I just received having a beneficial effect on my brain hehe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: