Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:00:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Earnings with GPUMAX?  (Read 7930 times)
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 01:56:54 AM

since i joined i have gotten around 140% pps rates (including non leased work)

the last couple of days have been great and i have been getting a solid 0.00004 pps

Last 10 rounds on ozcoin with DGM avg = 0.000089726 per share.

Sometimes luck pays more.  One round my shares were worth 0.00218283, lowest ive gone was around 0.00000776, but that was a rare 9hr round.

kind regards
ve
What were the actual payouts on those blocks though?  Blocks found in rapid succession under DGM yield decreasing block payouts.  IIRC the worst DGM block payout I've seen was 36 BTC.
indeed but remember
Blocks found in slow succession under DGM yield increasing block block payouts (so sometimes we pay more than the whole block)
that is how it works
short blocks we hold some funds to pay extra on long round, along with paying out across round boundaries this is part of what makes DGM not hoppable but fair in its payouts Smiley

http://coinotron.com/coinotron/AccountServlet?action=statistics they have paid out 8.3320btc for one block 90.6800btc for another I think they must have pretty extreme settings Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 06:09:03 AM

How do I know my rate at slush so I can set my gpumax price properly?

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:06:03 PM

How do I know my rate at slush so I can set my gpumax price properly?
Slush is proportional so your effective PPS rate fluctuates depending on the total number of shares it took for each round.  You'd need to take a running average of your payout in terms of the number of shares you submitted for each round vs the total number of shares in each round.  Slush does not give you that information so you're pretty much boned on getting actual numbers.

You can try adding up the 'U' numbers for all of your miners and multiplying the total by 1440, let's call this value 'A'.  Then, add up your rewards from Slush for one day.  Call this 'B'.

Divide A by B, and you've got a (very rough) estimate of your PPS rate.  You'd have to do this for a number of consequtive days and average out the PPS rate to get an idea of what you're actually earning since Prop pools are subject to variance.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 08:47:20 AM

Ok thanks

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 09:15:27 AM

You can estimate the 10% commission all you want, but the system is dynamic.  Every time a (larger) miner lowers their cost per share, the average decreases.  As we all scramble to maximize our return we end up shooting ourselves in the foot. 

When someone publicly posts a price and how much lease work they're getting it causes a bunch of other people to adjust to try and get more leased work.  However, at some point the increase in lease work does not outweigh the decrease in PPS because too many people are doing it as a direct response to the public posting.   Case in point: Before this thread I was leasing near 100% at a decently higher price than was posted by the OP.  After this thread, that dropped to about 25% because those who were only getting 50% leased at a PPS above what I was at all dropped theirs to chase 100%.

why are you so certain this thread has anything to do with it?

this is same BS I read last time ppl were invited en masse

wouldnt the more likely conclusion be that the supply is outpacing the demand?
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 05:06:24 PM

Because:

A) I've watched it occur in real time over three independent threads.

B) Pirate has stated as such

C) People are greedy. 
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 09:50:42 AM

Because:

A) I've watched it occur in real time over three independent threads.

B) Pirate has stated as such

C) People are greedy. 
a) yeah, each time after people were invited.   see page 2 of this thread.

b) well.... i guess i don't even have to say anything to that

c) isnt relevant..   if people were greedy, then supply outpacing demand would lead to the conclusion that I wrote above
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:15:07 PM

a) yeah, each time after people were invited.   see page 2 of this thread.

b) well.... i guess i don't even have to say anything to that

c) isnt relevant..   if people were greedy, then supply outpacing demand would lead to the conclusion that I wrote above

A) Assumption.

B) Are you trying to be facetious?

C) If you don't think human psychology plays a role in all of this, I fear you're sadly mistaken.  I can agree to disagree.
Sant001

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:55:42 AM

I have a question for GPUMAX users:

Does GPUMAX give you more earnings than a traditional pool? I have around 4 ghash and wanted to get the most Bitcoins for my hashpower.

I have tried it for a few days and for this period my hash rate dropped on my pool. I wouldn't know why that is.

Also GPUMax was sending me very few work, even though my bidding price was pretty close the normal PPS.

So in the end it wasn't worth for me so I returned to using my pool directly.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: