Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Earnings with GPUMAX?  (Read 7928 times)
i_rape_bitcoins (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 09:18:46 PM

I have a question for GPUMAX users:

Does GPUMAX give you more earnings than a traditional pool? I have around 4 ghash and wanted to get the most Bitcoins for my hashpower.

~I_RAPE_BITCOINS~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 09:24:42 PM

Does GPUMAX give you more earnings than a traditional pool? I have around 4 ghash and wanted to get the most Bitcoins for my hashpower.

GPUMax isn't a pool.

Your miners connect to GPUMax.

GPUMax then sends your hash power to your pool of choice.

Whenever GPUMax can lease your GPU for more than your pool is paying you, they do it and pay you more.

Therefore, GPUMax has to pay you more, as it only actually kicks-in whenever they can pay you more.

i_rape_bitcoins (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 09:27:27 PM

GPUMax isn't a pool.

Whenever GPUMax can lease your GPU for more than your pool is paying you, they do it and pay you more.

Therefore, GPUMax has to pay you more, as it only actually kicks-in whenever they can pay you more.

Alright, that sounds nice. But has anyone ever rented your hash power?

I don't see the reason why anyone would want to rent, they would have to pay more including the markup than what they would earn.

~I_RAPE_BITCOINS~
Blazr

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 09:52:18 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2012, 08:53:28 PM by Blazr

I don't see the reason why anyone would want to rent, they would have to pay more including the markup than what they would earn.

My hash power is rented 50-70% of the time (for around 10-20% more than solo mining would pay).

There a few different reasons to rent hash power, most are nefarious, and the two big ones are to wash money or hop proportional pools (although pool hopping isn't possible for those renting from GPUMax). Somebody is profiting off your GPU in some way or another.

Some people do use it as an easy to to buy Bitcoins (Ie, rent GPU's via PayPal and use them to mine), but AFAIK GPUMax only allows people to rent using Bitcoins, so that one doesn't apply to GPUMax either.

Another legitimate reason is to use your GPU to merge mine, so they actually get the Bitcoin's mined + other crypto-currenices mined. This is usually only 1-2% more profitable though, not near enough the rates GPUMax renters are paying.

i_rape_bitcoins (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 09:59:01 PM

GPUMax isn't a pool.

My hash power is rented 70-80% of the time (for around 20% more than solo mining would pay).

There a few different reasons to rent hash power, most are nefarious, and the two big ones are to wash money or hop proportional pools (although pool hopping isn't possible for those renting from GPUMax). Somebody is profiting off your GPU in some way or another.

Some people do use it as an easy to to buy Bitcoins (Ie, rent GPU's via PayPal and use them to mine), but AFAIK GPUMax only allows people to rent using Bitcoins, so that one doesn't apply to GPUMax either.

Another legitimate reason is to use your GPU to merge mine, so they actually get the Bitcoin's mined + other crypto-currenices mined. This is usually only 1-2% more profitable though, not near enough the rates GPUMax renters are paying.

Lol, so this is a great way to launder tainted bitcoins.

~I_RAPE_BITCOINS~
Blazr

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:02:55 PM

Lol, so this is a great way to launder tainted bitcoins.

Yep, because there are no previous transactions for freshly-mined coins, but I find it hard to believe they would pay such high rates just to launder coins, there are much cheaper ways of doing it.

IMO both GPUMax and BCS&T (both ran by pirateat40) are both pretty sketchy services, we really don't know how GPUMax can pay so much to miners, and how BCS&T can pay up to 28% interest/mo on deposits.

I take my chances with GPUMax due to the daily payments, but won't be touching BCS&T anytime soon.

DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:17:50 PM

IMO both GPUMax and BCS&T (both ran by pirateat40) are both pretty sketchy services, we really don't know how GPUMax can pay so much to miners, and how BCS&T can pay up to 28% interest/mo on deposits.

I take my chances with GPUMax due to the daily payments, but won't be touching BCS&T anytime soon.

My thoughts on it as well, I'll take my chances on losing 10-20 coins not the hundreds+ you stand to lose on the latter if it goes tits up.
BCMan

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 06:08:03 AM

20% more than with usual pool? You sure?
 On other side it's more profitable for others to rent mhashes there, so not need pay for electricity, which is a huge plus. Maybe it's more profitable way for some than to mine with own rigs.
 How to register there btw? I've entered my mail around 1-2 months ago. No response.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 05:48:54 PM

20% more than with usual pool? You sure?
 On other side it's more profitable for others to rent mhashes there, so not need pay for electricity, which is a huge plus. Maybe it's more profitable way for some than to mine with own rigs.
 How to register there btw? I've entered my mail around 1-2 months ago. No response.

People are paying 20% more than solo mining per share. How can they make money off mining like that ?

IE: they are paying 1.2BTC to mine 1BTC worth of Bitcoins.

The system only lets you choose from a list of pools to point the hash power to, so leasers can't pool hop either.

Also, keep waiting, you'll be invited soon.

Of that 1.2 BTC you got to mine 1 BTC how much will be left after you pay for your electric expenses?

Blazr

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 05:50:28 PM

Of that 1.2 BTC you got to mine 1 BTC how much will be left after you pay for your electric expenses?

Why not just keep your 1.2BTC and not mine at all?

If your mining for fun, it makes sense, but for a profit it doesn't.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 05:51:54 PM

Why not just keep your 1.2BTC and not mine at all?

If your mining for fun, it makes sense, but for a profit it doesn't.

Answer my question. Don't walk around it. I'm curious to know.
I know it doesn't make sense. Especially when he only accepts Bitcoins for payment Tongue
Blazr

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 06:01:32 PM

Answer my question. Don't walk around it.

According to my calculations, If you mined with a BFL Single, it would take 2 days to mine 1BTC. The electricity cost (at €0.15/kw) would be €0.576, which is 0.14BTC.

That means you would make a profit of 0.86BTC.

If you decided to lease through GPUMAX, you'd be making a loss of 0.2BTC. That's also being optimistic as I've occasionally earned 150% PPS via GPUMAX. Thats also not including GPUMAX's profit, so its likely closer to 0.7-0.8BTC loss.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 06:15:00 PM

Answer my question. Don't walk around it.

According to my calculations, If you mined with a BFL Single, it would take 2 days to mine 1BTC. The electricity cost (at €0.15/kw) would be €0.576, which is 0.14BTC.

That means you would make a profit of 0.86BTC.

If you decided to lease through GPUMAX, you'd be making a loss of 0.2BTC. That's also being optimistic as I've occasionally earned 150% PPS via GPUMAX. Thats also not including GPUMAX's profit, so its likely closer to 0.7-0.8BTC loss.

That's a nice ROI. Ofcourse there is more to it, like hardware costs, time spent taking care of the farm, etc.
Blazr

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 06:16:07 PM

That's a nice ROI. Ofcourse there is more to it, like hardware costs, time spent taking care of the farm, etc.

It takes roughly 6-12 months to pay off an FPGA (BFL single is $600 + $80 shipping).

cuz0882

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 02:36:50 AM

Some people have no money sense at all. First you go blabbing about price per shares and now in another thread. Do you have no common sense or what? Always one fool trying to ruin a good thing for everyone. You have screwed up the price per share once. It's not just your business your blabbing about and this was already explained to you once. Shut up already...
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 02:56:24 AM

since i joined i have gotten around 140% pps rates (including non leased work)

the last couple of days have been great and i have been getting a solid 0.00004 pps

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
TheHarbinger

Activity: 378

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 03:21:20 AM

since i joined i have gotten around 140% pps rates (including non leased work)

the last couple of days have been great and i have been getting a solid 0.00004 pps

Why do I feel like people who talk about the PPS should be kicked from GPUMax?

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
drakahn

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 05:31:04 AM

.., you can easily find out current pps rates by taking 10% off the current purchase price....

what the fuck is your problem?

cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:15:12 AM

.., you can easily find out current pps rates by taking 10% off the current purchase price....

Your ignorance..
drakahn

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:20:28 AM

Your ignorance..

Wow, you may win the prize for winning my hatred earlier than any other, enjoy the perpetual dick in mouth of shame.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: