Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get my BTC money refunded?  (Read 3182 times)
bloggersjoy (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 08:00:59 AM

Hello Everyone,

I need your suggestion to get my money back. I have paid some BTC to a PTC site to add it to my balance but that PTC site is not giving any response. What should I do? How can I get my BTC money refunded?

Please give your advice.

Thank You

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:25:08 AM

It probably does not help after the fact, but you should try to find out how to contact the site operators before you send any funds. I don't even know what a PTC site is.

A "whois" look-up is  a start, but scammers will often use private registration.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 07:36:17 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paid_To_Click

My best guess on "PTC site".

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
The Bad Guy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:06:40 PM

Your only chance is to try to contact them because Bitcoin have no chargebacks  Sad

Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:19:01 PM

Try to contact them, if no response for more than a week, it means you won't get your money back because that ptc site was scam. Then post your tx id on its forum to tell other members that the site going to scam.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 01:22:50 PM

Try to contact them, if no response for more than a week, it means you won't get your money back because that ptc site was scam. Then post your tx id on its forum to tell other members that the site going to scam.

I wonder how much good that will do.  Are there any PTC sites that are not scams?
I remember goofing off with some of these PTC faucets for a while.  They all seem so very dodgy.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:40:39 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 02:48:35 PM by Outlander

I wonder how much good that will do.  Are there any PTC sites that are not scams?
I remember goofing off with some of these PTC faucets for a while.  They all seem so very dodgy.

I don't know much about ptc. So far, in my opinion Neobux and clicksense are the best and trusted. They had thousands active members.

BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:47:31 AM

I wonder how much good that will do.  Are there any PTC sites that are not scams?
I remember goofing off with some of these PTC faucets for a while.  They all seem so very dodgy.

If they monitor the forum at all, they will likely monitor the scam accusations page as many businesses do in order to monitor their reputation. If you open a scam accusation and they see it they could potentially respond and attempt to resolve the issue.

I do have a bit of a feeling that the site was a scam as updating a user's balance generally should be automated and if it is not updating then it probably does not have any intention of giving him credit/any services he has paid for
Hendrick0909

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:22:30 PM

it's better to re check the details of any site before paying now in your case as you have already been charged by PTC site now u better contact the PTC site first and then ask bitcoin to re locate your transaction.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:04:45 PM

I need your suggestion to get my money back. I have paid some BTC to a PTC site to add it to my balance but that PTC site is not giving any response. What should I do? How can I get my BTC money refunded?

That's an interesting scam:

1. Get people to earn some dust by clicking on ads.
2. Require them to send money in order to withdraw the dust.
3. Keep all the money.

Which site did you send money to?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
ScreamnShout

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:42:55 AM

That's an interesting scam:

1. Get people to earn some dust by clicking on ads.
2. Require them to send money in order to withdraw the dust.
3. Keep all the money.

Which site did you send money to?

LOL they scam you twice. Once by paying you sub 3rd world country rates for helping them earn advertising revenue then steal from you when you want to withdraw your "earnings"
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:32:08 AM

There is no way to charge back, but I think you may write down the transaction hash and the name of that PTC site scammed you.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Grumblehunter

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:06:52 PM

You won't be able to get your money back unless you're able to contact the people/person you paid the Bitcoin to. Once the transaction is put through the Blockchain, it is irreversible... Good-luck trying to get hold of those people though. Smiley
motioninjoy

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:08:06 PM

Very good point about trust and open sourcing it. Thanks you for your input! motioninjoyofficial
lycipher
Copper Member

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:39:40 PM

Hello Everyone,

Please give your advice.

Thank You

There is no way to return it once its sent and confirmed into blockchain. Sorry.
The only left option is to get it back from recipient, by legal or other means.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:31:27 AM

Hello Everyone,

Please give your advice.

Thank You
you should be careful in sending btc to any unknown site because some people say this diforum do not know at all what is PTC site whether it is the same stock exchange site or wallet including I also do not know what is PTC site and just heard about the site but usually in a site there is a service for a mistake you can try just ask.
lycipher
Copper Member

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:54:55 AM

Hello Everyone,

Please give your advice.

Thank You
you should be careful in sending btc to any unknown site because some people say this diforum do not know at all what is PTC site whether it is the same stock exchange site or wallet including I also do not know what is PTC site and just heard about the site but usually in a site there is a service for a mistake you can try just ask.

It is clearly a risk, and if you want to keep using Bitcoin you should learn some basic about how it work.
monaydanda

Activity: 58
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:05:18 PM

This ptc thing does it still give any profits? I though faucets sites are mostly waste of time where you can only earn a couple of sats for doing captcha or thing. But i've never tried this PTC sites cause I know investing on them is such a huge risk and have a huge chance of being a scam.

━\\   ico.WORLDEX.io  ⚫  buy and sell crypto currency   //
THE NEXT-GENERATION DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION PLATFORM
saaux

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:31:07 PM

There are so many processes you want to happen. if you do not have a wallet like yours. You can do it convert it to the dollar to make it completely redeemable. but I said it's a long process.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ PLATIO ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   Smart Banking Ecosystem   █
▀▄▄▄▀[https://platio.io]▀▄▄▄▀
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:33:32 AM

Hello Everyone,

Please give your advice.

Thank You

Well if this pay to click site is still existing today then this will serve a warning for the new comers to not easily to fall to this scamming activity. They will just pretend to be a free Bitcoin at first but for you to get easy free huge Bitcoin rewards you will now be convince of investing to this site in which the scam will start. Do not put your money in this site without reviewing well their project as most of these site are scam.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: