Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:53:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These instant changes in price...  (Read 2710 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:26:14 PM

There has to be mad manipulation in this market..  the constant massive instant swings in the price of BTC would lead me to no other answer.

The "bearwhale" I fear was just a tatic to fuel enthusiasm in the community to allow someone to sell coins at @400.  IMO there will be a massive push down wards perhaps to fallin's target of $200 then another massive rise to $3-400 on some news that will make you want to buy and hold this allowing this person to double up again..

I still cannot see the ability to suppress the market forever but I believe it could be a LONG.. long time before we see any 4 digit coins again.

Anyone else think someone is attempting to mess up the market to get as many coins and as much fiat as they can?
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:40:17 PM

There has to be mad manipulation in this market..  the constant massive instant swings in the price of BTC would lead me to no other answer.

The "bearwhale" I fear was just a tatic to fuel enthusiasm in the community to allow someone to sell coins at @400.  IMO there will be a massive push down wards perhaps to fallin's target of $200 then another massive rise to $3-400 on some news that will make you want to buy and hold this allowing this person to double up again..

I still cannot see the ability to suppress the market forever but I believe it could be a LONG.. long time before we see any 4 digit coins again.

Anyone else think someone is attempting to mess up the market to get as many coins and as much fiat as they can?

I agree with the manipulation, because if you think about it, some one with a larger sum of money could easily do this with BTC right now.

If we push 200 I would think it would be a stake in the BTC heart for right now and would take much longer to pick back up.

As much as I hate to say it, we need regulation in the BTC market. I know its a fine line, a line that is always crossed by politicians time and time again to suit whatever need they have, but if we want to see the money flowing in, this is a risk that is needed in order to have access to that money.

As far as 4 digit coins, dude, you been around long enough and should know by now, cryptos dont follow the normal thinking, for anything is possible.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:48:52 PM

Let's hope the community doesn't allow him to double up anything... That's all we can do for now really...

At least he will need to start using higher volumes than the 1500 btc every few hours to start a panic this time it seems. They are absorbed quite nicely.

But as we've seen before he just plays around with over 30k BTC as if it's nothing, makes me think he has quite a lot more even.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:05:44 PM

Let's hope the community doesn't allow him to double up anything... That's all we can do for now really...

At least he will need to start using higher volumes than the 1500 btc every few hours to start a panic this time it seems. They are absorbed quite nicely.

But as we've seen before he just plays around with over 30k BTC as if it's nothing, makes me think he has quite a lot more even.

This is my thinking as well.. I think this guy/gal/group has well over 300k BTC.. probably over 250 Mill in Fiat.  Making manipulating this market almost no risk and very easy.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:13:56 PM

Oh look at that, they are reading this topic. They started using 3k batches now...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:16:45 PM

Oh look at that, they are reading this topic. They started using 3k batches now...

As long as it isn't a central bank who cares?
MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:43:41 PM

I do. I'm sure many others do as well, or we wouldn't be seeing all these threads mentioning the bearwhale.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:35:12 PM

I do. I'm sure many others do as well, or we wouldn't be seeing all these threads mentioning the bearwhale.

Fair enough. There isn't much you can do about a large speculator acting this way. If they are selling out then it will pass in time. If it a good actor attempting to accumulate coins then the price will rise in time. If it is a central bank acting maliciously then things will be interesting going forward.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:41:28 AM

That's a free market and no regulation. That's what you libertarians wanted, right?
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:02:51 PM

There has to be mad manipulation in this market..  the constant massive instant swings in the price of BTC would lead me to no other answer.

The "bearwhale" I fear was just a tatic to fuel enthusiasm in the community to allow someone to sell coins at @400.  IMO there will be a massive push down wards perhaps to fallin's target of $200 then another massive rise to $3-400 on some news that will make you want to buy and hold this allowing this person to double up again..

That's a free market and no regulation. That's what you libertarians wanted, right?

All regulation currently that exists for Fiat empowers the super rich to fraud me, steal from me, etc and recieve a 10% penatly on their earnings......

SO F YA this is way better than me getting raped by the rich while being tied down by the gov with a gun to my head.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 07:42:16 PM

Good assumption! I saw that change, would be crazy if it was a coincidence... probably not. The whale is among us  Lips sealed
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:50:03 PM

There has to be mad manipulation in this market..  the constant massive instant swings in the price of BTC would lead me to no other answer.

The "bearwhale" I fear was just a tatic to fuel enthusiasm in the community to allow someone to sell coins at @400.  IMO there will be a massive push down wards perhaps to fallin's target of $200 then another massive rise to $3-400 on some news that will make you want to buy and hold this allowing this person to double up again..

All regulation currently that exists for Fiat empowers the super rich to fraud me, steal from me, etc and recieve a 10% penatly on their earnings......

SO F YA this is way better than me getting raped by the rich while being tied down by the gov with a gun to my head.

Its basically ust how the world works... Greed makes people greedier, rich makes people want more riches, poor get poorer, the low get stepped on, and the "powers of the world" will always gain...
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:53:47 PM

The government has a monopoly on raping you Smiley
... and taxing you for getting raped ....

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:46:24 PM

It's called trading. You should try googling the phrase "supply and demand". And stop fantasizing about this mythical "Bearwhale". Start accepting that Bitcoin is volatile and unpredictable.
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 08:48:42 PM

Just because a whale is selling doesn't mean it is a manipulation.

What is your definition of manipulation?
Capt Drake

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:59:13 PM

Oh man where do you live?

Manipulation exist in every market, but in BTC it's damn easy for these guys to manipulate.

Look at the Alt markets and the ups and downs that happens in minutes.

The larger BTC becomes, the harder it will be to manipulate.
RomertL

Activity: 470

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:31:40 AM

Correct. It will stabilize in time without any kinds of regulations and by then the price will be much higher (and people who sold in the current price range or even lower will feel rather stupid).

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 04:48:55 AM

Correct. It will stabilize in time without any kinds of regulations and by then the price will be much higher (and people who sold in the current price range or even lower will feel rather stupid).

This is your assumption & past performance is never an indication of where this market is heading... sounds "rather stupid"
RomertL

Activity: 470

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:12:50 AM

Who's talking about past performance? I'm next to certain Bitcoin will succeed not because it's gone up a lot before, but because I'm understanding what Bitcoin is capable of, at last the beginning of it. And that's now, when almost nobody uses it. Most people don't even understand Bitcoin as a currency let alone the enormous potential of blockchain 2.0 technology. At some point the public will understand which will drive the price to the skies. Could be 3 years from now, 5 or 10 or more. Nobody knows, but it will. I'm a long-term investor. Lots of really smart people have invested lots of time and money in this, they will not give up until normal people are using Btc. They will continue to make it easier to use and understand and find new applications.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:45:38 AM

Oh man where do you live?

Manipulation exist in every market, but in BTC it's damn easy for these guys to manipulate.

Look at the Alt markets and the ups and downs that happens in minutes.

The larger BTC becomes, the harder it will be to manipulate.

You shouldn't be comparing it to altcoins. You should compare it to other asset classes.
In general, price manipulation in crypto-currencies is easier.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: