Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:53:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN‘s Liquid Cooled Miner C1: It is not only cool, but it is cool  (Read 18257 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 01:58:17 PM

What is the watt in total ? Watercooling and the c1 in one psu? 850w?

Yeah, 850-900W

megahash

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:46:53 PM

@ Bitmain:

With the broken promises of updated firmware for S2 users & all the problems with the S4, PSU, firmware, etc, etc - I would like to see some proof that these will actually work as advertised before deciding to buy some or not.

1) Can you post a screen of one actually mining showing hash/error rate?

2) Will these work with all pools, including p2pool, or just a select few as with the S4?

3) Has the firmware been thoroughly tested this time?

4) What version of cgminer is bundled with it?

Thanks.

@ Bitmain: Pretty please?  Wink

Don't think that is too hard to do. Do they have some of them fabbed and running yet?

I'd like to know this too - some info/answers would be nice......
Gumbork

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:02:06 PM

Anybody buying this?

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:46:11 PM

Not to spread anti-environmentalism, but an obvious great market for this is people who have unmetered water. Wink

That's the other side of the C1 - those who use large farm evapourative cooling can simply plumb in the C1 into their mains.

Would swimming pool water corrode the water blocks?

yes. the chlorine and other chemicals will speed corrosion and may even damage PVC tubing or the pump.

however - if you wanted to heat a pool you would use a heat exchanger with two loops - one being recirculating pool water and the other being hot coolant from the miner(s)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:48:28 PM

@ Bitmain:

With the broken promises of updated firmware for S2 users & all the problems with the S4, PSU, firmware, etc, etc - I would like to see some proof that these will actually work as advertised before deciding to buy some or not.

2) Will these work with all pools, including p2pool, or just a select few as with the S4?

Thanks.

The question you want to ask is whether its the same controller as the S3, or the kind in the S4. I would imagine it uses the S3 controller, in which case it would act just like an S3 but show twice as many chips/hashes

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
MissouriMiner

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:02:40 PM

@ Bitmain:

Thanks.

The question you want to ask is whether its the same controller as the S3, or the kind in the S4. I would imagine it uses the S3 controller, in which case it would act just like an S3 but show twice as many chips/hashes

It is like 2x S3's in one.  It is twice the hashing boards.  It has 4 hashing boards with 16 chips each, 64 chips total.  The controller is similar to the S3 but has 4 hashing board connections (or whatever they are called). 
megahash

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:20:31 PM

@ Bitmain:

Thanks.

Thanks, but I don't want to buy something based on what a member "imagines" the answers are, it's a lot of money, so I'd like to know the facts about what I'm paying for. It seems strange that Bitmain don't just answer the questions being asked - it would surely help members decide weather to buy them or not.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 04:25:16 PM

Thanks, but I don't want to buy something based on what a member "imagines" the answers are, it's a lot of money, so I'd like to know the facts about what I'm paying for. It seems strange that Bitmain don't just answer the questions being asked - it would surely help members decide weather to buy them or not.

This is why I addressed the questions to @ Bitmain, but either they don't know or don't want to say......for whatever reason.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:43:10 PM

Yeah, 850-900W

Thanks for all the answers I have 2 more questions.
1. Has it been tested where it is for sure 1 rm1000 will run the miner and cooling?   (I just want to be sure before i order PSU)
2. What is the point of quick disconnects? And where do the connect (Do you use connecting to miner itself of water cooling parts? Or are they in middle of tube?)

Sorry number 2 is so basic I just have used closed loop water cooling this will be new for me and I want to make sure I do it right.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 05:35:13 PM

It is like 2x S3's in one.  It is twice the hashing boards.  It has 4 hashing boards with 16 chips each, 64 chips total.  The controller is similar to the S3 but has 4 hashing board connections (or whatever they are called). 

The hashing boards are S3 boards with little to no revisions. [See here for the S3 board]

The controller is S4 in architecture but its not the same board. [See here for the S3 controller and here for the S4 controller.]

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 05:38:43 PM

Yeah, 850-900W

Thanks for all the answers I have 2 more questions.
1. Has it been tested where it is for sure 1 rm1000 will run the miner and cooling?   (I just want to be sure before i order PSU)
2. What is the point of quick disconnects? And where do the connect (Do you use connecting to miner itself of water cooling parts? Or are they in middle of tube?)

Sorry number 2 is so basic I just have used closed loop water cooling this will be new for me and I want to make sure I do it right.

1) I don't know if its been tested in that configuration, but a RM1000 is the perfect PSU for this unit. 8 PCI-E, 16AWG, 1000W.
2) The point of quick disconnects is you can separate the miner from the pump and radiator without having to drain the system. This is exceptionally useful when you have to move the miner as you don't have to hold three things at once, and if you need to ship the miner you don't have to fully drain the system [if shipping by ground]. If you have multiple units, you can also quickly switch and swap in case of a failure somewhere you need to test.

It depends on which set of connectors you get, some will replace the barbs on the miner, some will go in the middle of the tube. Its just going to depend on which matching pair you can find in stock.

RchGrav

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:55:16 PM

The hashing boards are S3 boards with little to no revisions. [See here for the S3 board]

The controller is S4 in architecture but its not the same board. [See here for the S3 controller and here for the S4 controller.]

The C1 controller appears to be based on the Beaglebone Black (BBB) open source design which has a 1Ghz Sitara.. this should make the web interface of the C1 much more responsive than what is experienced with the S3 miner.

This picture shows a fully populated BBB, it's safe to assume the included BBB will be a board stripped down to the essential components to run the C1 miner.. however, if your board ever failed it would be easy to replace with a BBB.

4C 6F 6E 67  4C 69 76 65  42 69 74 63 6F 69 6E
Qba'g lbh unir nalguvat orggre gb qb?
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:11:26 PM

The C1 controller appears to be based on the Beaglebone Black (BBB) open source design which has a 1Ghz Sitara.. this should make the web interface of the C1 much more responsive than what is experienced with the S3 miner.

This picture shows a fully populated BBB, it's safe to assume the included BBB will be a board stripped down to the essential components to run the C1 miner.. however, if your board ever failed it would be easy to replace with a BBB.

The S2 used this stripped down BBB as well.  I believe a number of S2 owners replaced that controller with a "full" BBB.
neegeeboo

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 07:39:31 PM

I will wait until B1 ships before making a decision.
zyberguy

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:01:03 PM

If I understand correctly,
C1 = 4S3+ in one box plus water cooling with BBB controller
megahash

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:08:09 PM

Exactly my thoughts. If Bitmain don't want to show any stats or give details away, there must be a reason. Better to wait for the batch 1 guinea pigs to post the details when they get them, especially after what happened with the S4  Wink
RchGrav

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:20:54 PM

I ordered one last night just for the heck of it.. because my one friend was into ordering one.. so I said order one for me also.

Total was 1.3722  BTC for everything* incl accessories... if you do the math its almost exactly the same as 2x S3+ at current pricing when you take shipping into account.

I'm planning on using a .999 Silver Kill Coil ($6.99) and DI Water.

I built a liquid cooled PC years ago, and I swore NEVER AGAIN.. just too much of a pain in the ass to maintain.  Oh well..

*I reimbursed friend for the order in 100% BTC even though the accessories were paid via a different method by him.

RchGrav

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:22:23 PM

If I understand correctly,
C1 = 4S3+ in one box plus water cooling with BBB controller

Its actually 2 x S3+

S3+ = 32 Hashing Chips on 2x PCB

C1 = 64 Hashing Chips on 4x PCB

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:25:44 PM

Anybody buying this?
TBH, given the S3 and S4 launch, I'm not touching this.

It's a crazy time in Bitcoin mining right now, and given the BTC/USD price currently, it makes more sense to purchase BTC outright than miners if you are looking for ROI.

Full Disclosure: 11TH farm + Full node contribution to Bitcoin network
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 10:07:28 PM

I ordered one last night just for the heck of it.. because my one friend was into ordering one.. so I said order one for me also.

Total was 1.3722  BTC for everything* incl accessories... if you do the math its almost exactly the same as 2x S3+ at current pricing when you take shipping into account.

I'm planning on using a .999 Silver Kill Coil ($6.99) and DI Water.

I built a liquid cooled PC years ago, and I swore NEVER AGAIN.. just too much of a pain in the ass to maintain.  Oh well..

*I reimbursed friend for the order in 100% BTC even though the accessories were paid via a different method by him.

Please don't, you've just ordered a copper radiator with an aluminium block, right?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: