Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN‘s Liquid Cooled Miner C1: It is not only cool, but it is cool  (Read 18255 times)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:02:22 AM

I think it will not be a problem to run three C1s with one strong pump... will give it a try :-)

With the super cheap kits being sold I'm not sure there is a reason to. Removes all your redundancy with no benefit.

I agree. However, I still have a lot of old stuff here in my basement, so I'll only have to buy some fittings and new tubes. Especially with a 9-fan-radiator and a 1800l/h-pump, I guess it should be possible. In the worst case, one miner will be super-cool while the middle will be warm and the third one overheated...

Heh, we have a company we contract for that has a couple Techniwell TW700s sitting idle. I wonder how many one of those could run? Smiley

All the C1 blocks will explode. You put to much trust into Chinese alu waterblock.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:11:16 AM

I think it will not be a problem to run three C1s with one strong pump... will give it a try :-)

With the super cheap kits being sold I'm not sure there is a reason to. Removes all your redundancy with no benefit.

I agree. However, I still have a lot of old stuff here in my basement, so I'll only have to buy some fittings and new tubes. Especially with a 9-fan-radiator and a 1800l/h-pump, I guess it should be possible. In the worst case, one miner will be super-cool while the middle will be warm and the third one overheated...

Heh, we have a company we contract for that has a couple Techniwell TW700s sitting idle. I wonder how many one of those could run? Smiley

All the C1 blocks will explode. You put to much trust into Chinese alu waterblock.

Did you really take his comment seriously? A 700 horse power pump? Seriously? You bothered to explain that a water block would explode?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:20:12 AM

Are you kidding... Grin

ZiG
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:04:08 AM

As i said many pages ago, RUN THEM PARALLEL, god damn you noobs (also since the block channels are quite small 6mm, make a cheap manifold - 1/2" to 3 x 6mm tubing)

Of course parallel and not serial. The available distributor I have leads from 1/4" to 3x10mm. Although the distance between the three exits is only some millimeters, I'm not sure if this will affect the flow to the third massively. It will take a bit of experimenting.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:06:26 AM

"To the moon" would get a totally new meaning....
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:09:19 AM

As i said many pages ago, RUN THEM PARALLEL, god damn you noobs (also since the block channels are quite small 6mm, make a cheap manifold - 1/2" to 3 x 6mm tubing)

Of course parallel and not serial. The available distributor I have leads from 1/4" to 3x10mm. Although the distance between the three exits is only some millimeters, I'm not sure if this will affect the flow to the third massively. It will take a bit of experimenting.

No need for experimenting noob,

Fluid dynamic dictates since all C1 are equal in restriction, all of them will have equal flowrate.... gee  Roll Eyes
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:20:31 AM

Fluid dynamic dictates since all C1 are equal in restriction, all of them will have equal flowrate.... gee  Roll Eyes

Great news :-) So I can wait for my sockwarmers to come.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:08:29 AM

you assume that all three C1 waterblocks are equal. Theres a high chance that there could be slight machining diferences, or slight barbs from the machining, that could cause slightly higher resistance in some units. Its not particularly likely, but it is still possible. (easy way to adjust for this if it was an issue is to put a small vavle on each loop of the coolant to compensate any flow differences

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
conteaza

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:03:41 PM

Specifications:
* Voltage: DC 12V input, 70A recommended, no PSU

I'm confused ... is not necessary a PSU to start mining or is not included in price?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 08:25:18 PM

Specifications:
* Voltage: DC 12V input, 70A recommended, no PSU

I'm confused ... is not necessary a PSU to start mining or is not included in price?

No PSU included

cloh76

Activity: 318

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:57:42 AM

Wow nice - Bitmain has a "Pay with USD" option now upon checkout

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
BitcoinRuinedMyLife

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:22:03 AM

Do think a 850w gold power supply rated at 70A on 12v will be able to handle the C1? I know it will run at 100% capacity but I have  no use for it otherwise.

cutting it REALLY close - good chance you'll have to underclock in order to run stable, especially if the coolant pump draws an extra ~20w. IMO get a 1000W PSU and youll be fine, and your efficiency will be a bit better (most gold PSUs are ~91% efficient at 80% load, but only ~85% efficient at 100% load)

What are these chips clocked with to begin with?

Can anyone confirm what the frequency on these chips are?

I'd like to know if there is headroom for overclocking. Trying to figure out if getting 1100gh/s or 1200gh/s will end up eating 1000w+

I have asked a few times in the past  Huh
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:37:05 AM

Do think a 850w gold power supply rated at 70A on 12v will be able to handle the C1? I know it will run at 100% capacity but I have  no use for it otherwise.

cutting it REALLY close - good chance you'll have to underclock in order to run stable, especially if the coolant pump draws an extra ~20w. IMO get a 1000W PSU and youll be fine, and your efficiency will be a bit better (most gold PSUs are ~91% efficient at 80% load, but only ~85% efficient at 100% load)

I'd like to know if there is headroom for overclocking. Trying to figure out if getting 1100gh/s or 1200gh/s will end up eating 1000w+

I have asked a few times in the past  Huh
That's because no one has one. They are the same as an S3 though, so if they're running at 1TH/s they're probably clocked at 250MHz.
schwab

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:52:01 AM

Wow nice - Bitmain has a "Pay with USD" option now upon checkout

I received
Payment in US dollars is not available for ' C1, ANTMINER S3+ -B11 In Stock, ANTMINER U3 '

Appears S4 USD payment only at this moment.
BitcoinRuinedMyLife

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:36:22 AM

Do think a 850w gold power supply rated at 70A on 12v will be able to handle the C1? I know it will run at 100% capacity but I have  no use for it otherwise.

I have asked a few times in the past  Huh
That's because no one has one. They are the same as an S3 though, so if they're running at 1TH/s they're probably clocked at 250MHz.

This was my concern Sad I wonder if the 800watts is really 880
bennynjetz

Activity: 66

Mining til I puke

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:39:03 PM

So the big question (and since it is early in the morning and I am skimming through these posts and I may have probably missed it........so all apologies) - what type of PSU should be used for the C1 and how much wattage should it have? I have seen all of the other details, but unlike Bitmain's other offerings, they aren't crystal clear on the C1's PSU requirements. Talk to me like I'm completely stupid and have just crawled out from under a rock

Donations: 1NhxuKCckuHcFeZ8ZgpjYxmH7GRJfpBqQC
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:01:33 PM

So the big question (and since it is early in the morning and I am skimming through these posts and I may have probably missed it........so all apologies) - what type of PSU should be used for the C1 and how much wattage should it have? I have seen all of the other details, but unlike Bitmain's other offerings, they aren't crystal clear on the C1's PSU requirements. Talk to me like I'm completely stupid and have just crawled out from under a rock

About 780w for the miner, 50W for the watercooling, requires 8 PCI-E. Still recommended to get a 1000W PSU though to get the best efficiency.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:28:23 PM

About 780w for the miner, 50W for the watercooling, requires 8 PCI-E. Still recommended to get a 1000W PSU though to get the best efficiency.
You might even want to look into one of the server breakout boards so you can get eight full cables. You probably need to get up into the 1300W+ range for ATX PSUs before you can find one with 8 individual cables, so with a smaller PSU you'd be looking at running with two plugs on a single cable. Depending on the cabling and ambient, that might be a little marginal.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 03:10:47 PM

You might even want to look into one of the server breakout boards so you can get eight full cables. You probably need to get up into the 1300W+ range for ATX PSUs before you can find one with 8 individual cables, so with a smaller PSU you'd be looking at running with two plugs on a single cable. Depending on the cabling and ambient, that might be a little marginal.

The RM1000 has 8 PCI-Es on 4 branches of 16AWG cabling. Its almost as good as 8 individual 18 AWG branches.

aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:40:49 PM

i have to think about all these new developments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: