Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:17:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN‘s Liquid Cooled Miner C1: It is not only cool, but it is cool  (Read 18255 times)
cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:45:00 PM

I may have to wait for the 2nd batch or at least until some people post feedback on the first few arrivals before I order.   Also is the liquid cooling kit link not working for everyone else?

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:43:40 PM

The RM1000 has 8 PCI-Es on 4 branches of 16AWG cabling. Its almost as good as 8 individual 18 AWG branches.
I'd disagree that a 16AWG cable with two plugs is almost as good as two separate 18AWG cables on a modular supply. Just looking at wire resistance it's close, the 16AWG will be 26% higher than two 18AWG and is obviously better than two plugs on a single 18AWG. On 17A of draw to a blade with 600mm of cable to the first connector, you'd be looking at 1.53W of loss and 90mV drop in just the cable with 16AWG vs 2.41W loss and 142mV drop with single 18AWG or 1.2W loss and 71mV drop with dual 18AWG. Not a huge difference, though one should keep in mind the contact resistance spec of the Minifit Jr connector can actually be as high as a 600mm run of 16AWG (7.9mOhms for the wire, while the contact spec is 10mOhm max initial and 30mOhm max after 30 cycles)

There's a couple disadvantages of running the two plugs on one cable though.
  • Two separate 18AWG cables will have almost twice the surface area to dissipate heat from vs one 16AWG. That's why you see ampacity in a cable go up only 56% when you move up three gauges even though the resistance halves. Flat cables help with this, of course.
  • Two plugs on a 16AWG cable pulls the entire cable current through the Minifit Jr on the PSU side. At 200W per cable this isn't terrible, but it's still a significant difference. At 17A per board that's 5.67A per pin vs half that with separate modular cables.
  • Worse fault tolerance. If you're running one cable and one pin/wire is compromised for whatever reason, you can then be pulling the full 17A through just two pins, which is over spec. If you're running two cables and one pin/wire gets compromised, you're now pulling the 17A over five pins which is still fine.

I would say two plugs on a 16AWG cable is closer to two plugs on an 18AWG than two separate 18AWG cables even if just the wire resistance seems to show they're comparable. A lot of these issues aren't a problem two plugs on a fixed 16AWG cable though. If you find yourself with a supply that has two fixed dual plug cables and four modular dual plug plug cables, use both plugs on the fixed cable and a single plug on each of the modular ones to make up your eight plugs.

Not that the RM1000 won't work, but unfortunately not all 1000W PSUs are 16AWG on the PCIe cables. For instance the otherwise excellent rated Cooler Master V1000 uses 18AWG on its four dual plug PCIe cables. Tongue In most cases even dual plugs on 18AWG won't cause an issue, but you're still more likely to melt a plug at the PSU with a modular dual plug cable than with separate cables.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:15:31 PM

This pricing structure makes as much sense as a clown at a funeral.

C1 1TH water cooled = 1BTC
S4 2TH normal cooled= 3BTC

Huh Huh Huh Huh

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:19:09 PM

This pricing structure makes as much sense as a clown at a funeral.

C1 1TH water cooled = 1BTC
S4 2TH normal cooled= 3BTC

Huh Huh Huh Huh
The C1 isn't a complete system, and isn't by default rack mountable. You still need to buy a water cooling kit, some other miscellaneous things, and a power supply. Then when you get it, you need to hook it all up. The S4 you need to plug in and enter your pool details when you get it, and you're mining.
They're different products that can't be strictly compared on a $/GH/s basis.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:31:51 PM

The C1 controller appears to be based on the Beaglebone Black (BBB) open source design which has a 1Ghz Sitara.. this should make the web interface of the C1 much more responsive than what is experienced with the S3 miner.

This picture shows a fully populated BBB, it's safe to assume the included BBB will be a board stripped down to the essential components to run the C1 miner.. however, if your board ever failed it would be easy to replace with a BBB.

The S2 used this stripped down BBB as well.  I believe a number of S2 owners replaced that controller with a "full" BBB.

Bitmain is telling that the S3 controller cannot be use for the S1 board, but the S2 and S4 use a similar one ?

I'm confuse ... anyone tried a BBB with some S1 ?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:27:34 PM

So the big question (and since it is early in the morning and I am skimming through these posts and I may have probably missed it........so all apologies) - what type of PSU should be used for the C1 and how much wattage should it have? I have seen all of the other details, but unlike Bitmain's other offerings, they aren't crystal clear on the C1's PSU requirements. Talk to me like I'm completely stupid and have just crawled out from under a rock

About 780w for the miner, 50W for the watercooling, requires 8 PCI-E. Still recommended to get a 1000W PSU though to get the best efficiency.

with a decent PSU, particularly with 16awg wires, you can use only 4 PCIe cables. Most of my S3 units (even those overclocked to 500GH) have only 2 PCIe cables (1 per board) without issue.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
polymer_city

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:07:22 PM

when ordering the cooling kits, is the 'International Express' option optional?
tbolt

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:31:18 PM

My order for the cooling kit now says shipped..

International Express ---> means it's coming DHL.

There were no other options available that I saw at the time of order.

polymer_city

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:37:40 PM

cheers just ordered think the page was messed up to start.
syscooling

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:13:32 AM

I may have to wait for the 2nd batch or at least until some people post feedback on the first few arrivals before I order.   Also is the liquid cooling kit link not working for everyone else?
yep,as long as your machine is mountable G1/4-8 thread for attaching a fitting,and heat dissipation is less than 1000w,our water cooling kit would work whatever your machine is.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:20:34 AM

exactly,you could choose from DHL,EMS or UPS.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:28:46 AM

I'm glad to say DHL,EMS and UPS are all available now,thank you for your choice.

syscooling

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:40:09 AM

our default express is DHL,if you have other express(EMS or UPS) at a low price and want freight collect,you could email us.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:49:39 AM

our default express is DHL,if you have other express(EMS or UPS) at a low price and want freight collect,you could email us.

Do you offer cheaper shipping by regular air mail? (like what most ebay chinese stores use? )

I only have problem with ridiculous brokerage fee + duty with DHL and UPS.

I understand about the shipping time, but i dont mind that.
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:08:24 PM

Why not use China Post?
rkinnin

Activity: 316

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:56:33 PM

any thoughts about overclocking the c1?
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:12:29 PM

any thoughts about overclocking the c1?
not likely. remember S3+ is rated at ~450Gh and C1 is two S3s in one box but already at 1000Gh
syscooling

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:36:07 AM

Do you offer cheaper shipping by regular air mail? (like what most ebay chinese stores use? )

I only have problem with ridiculous brokerage fee + duty with DHL and UPS.

I understand about the shipping time, but i dont mind that.

well,it depends,you could email us that we can know your detailed information. watercooling@ysun.net

dsheaffer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:15:16 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 02:30:45 AM by dsheaffer

Syscooling,

I had many of the same issues as others below.  I just ordered two C1 cooling units at $50 each. The total shipping was $67...do you not think this is excessive?  Surely there are less expensive means of shipping to the USA.  In addition, I had a number of issues with your site, including the "payment failed" message after successfully processing my paypal payment.  

I do trust that you have been paid, and will ship my order today.  Unfortunately I cannot see my order or tracking information since your site does not recognize my username / password combination, despite having them vaulted at creation.

May I suggest to you that many of us have VERY high expectations of Bitmaintech...so far my experience (and apparently the experience of many others on this forum) with your site leaves much to be desired.  This reflects poorly not only on your site, but on Bitmaintech as well.  

Please invest in creating a better user experience - if you can match Bitmaintech's user experience, you will sell MANY cooling units...if you do not, I assure you this community will find another source for the cooling kit.
cloh76

Activity: 318

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:50:59 AM

Is there a new link to the C1 cooling kit?  the one listed on Bitmain's C1 page is not working.

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: