Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN‘s Liquid Cooled Miner C1: It is not only cool, but it is cool  (Read 18255 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 03:57:51 AM

Is there a new link to the C1 cooling kit?  the one listed on Bitmain's C1 page is not working.

It goes down every now and then, give the site some time.

slastar

Activity: 147
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:02:08 AM

Is there a new link to the C1 cooling kit?  the one listed on Bitmain's C1 page is not working.
Link to kit has been changed by shop, and Bitmain didnt update it, but now its ok.

Link was
http://shop.syscooling.com/goods-45

now is
http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=45
mfaidzul

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:53:28 AM

Kinda like the idea... Mining AND hot water at the same time...  Cheesy
bluecityste

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:24:14 PM

Could these be linked up to hot water radiator system?

Thinking of buying 2 but if this is possible then 4.

Unfortunately I have no idea about plumbing so is this possible, and if so easily done?!?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 06:22:18 PM

I like the idea as liquid cooling and ocing is something that needed to be done, although it should have been an enclosed loop like many cpu coolers are, but I suspect they were worried about replacements for failure this way you can't blame them for failure. These coolers seem to be aimed a bit more for the home miner but the issue with the fans would be miserable if you have a lot of these, might need a better solution.

Consider C1s an investment, there's a good chance that there will be upgrade kits in the future. All you'd need is 4 new PCBs screwed into the blocks, everything else is ready to go [Note there has been ZERO suggestion of this from Bitmain, I am just personally speculating.] Even if Bitmain don't do upgrade kits, someone else could use the C1 template and sell PCBs + controller for them.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 06:25:26 PM

Unfortunately I have no idea about plumbing so is this possible, and if so easily done?!?

Maybe, I don't know what sort of head a radiator requires. Its likely though that the fluid won't get hot enough to do much use, and so the low area of the radiator would be a problem.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:47:37 PM

Maybe, I don't know what sort of head a radiator requires. Its likely though that the fluid won't get hot enough to do much use, and so the low area of the radiator would be a problem.
The fluid would probably be fine for applications that call for low grade heat, like radiant infloor heating. You would need a conventional radiator after the flooring as well though, essentially specced to remove the full heat load.

The biggest problem with these kind of dual use circuits is that you often need a relatively robust system of bypasses and controls to give you flexibility to control your secondary user of the heat and also deal with its often intermittent nature, unless your system is so small that you can always just run it full out.
I looked at doing a dual radiator setup before I settled on just using a bunch of closed loop coolers for my gear. It would have consisted of radiators mounted in the cold air return vent of my furnace (with a variable bypass valve), with the radiator output running outside to another radiator to cool the water down to ambient before reentering the loop. You could obviously continue to harvest heat from the water before you sent it outside if you wanted to; I already have a drain water heat recovery system but that would be an obvious addition.
In the end it would have been a lot more efficient use of the heat plus it would give lower temperatures to all the mining gear, but without years of expected use it just didn't make sense to devote the time and cost to it. Simpler to just have some units outside and bring more inside as it gets colder. Tongue
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:57:37 PM

The fluid would probably be fine for applications that call for low grade heat, like radiant infloor heating. You would need a conventional radiator after the flooring as well though, essentially specced to remove the full heat load.

The biggest problem with these kind of dual use circuits is that you often need a relatively robust system of bypasses and controls to give you flexibility to control your secondary user of the heat and also deal with its often intermittent nature, unless your system is so small that you can always just run it full out.
I looked at doing a dual radiator setup before I settled on just using a bunch of closed loop coolers for my gear. It would have consisted of radiators mounted in the cold air return vent of my furnace (with a variable bypass valve), with the radiator output running outside to another radiator to cool the water down to ambient before reentering the loop. You could obviously continue to harvest heat from the water before you sent it outside if you wanted to; I already have a drain water heat recovery system but that would be an obvious addition.
In the end it would have been a lot more efficient use of the heat plus it would give lower temperatures to all the mining gear, but without years of expected use it just didn't make sense to devote the time and cost to it. Simpler to just have some units outside and bring more inside as it gets colder. Tongue

I have built a sock- and shoe-warmer/dryer - just waiting for my C1s for attaching them to the system. This is easier than a heating system - and the only way how I was able to convince my wife that more miners make sense :-)
Didldak

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Oh boy!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:41:38 PM

Anyone thought about floor heating? maybe use few C1's to do the job

Hey.. watsup.
syscooling

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:41:32 AM

Syscooling,

I had many of the same issues as others below.  I just ordered two C1 cooling units at $50 each. The total shipping was $67...do you not think this is excessive?  Surely there are less expensive means of shipping to the USA.  In addition, I had a number of issues with your site, including the "payment failed" message after successfully processing my paypal payment.  

I do trust that you have been paid, and will ship my order today.  Unfortunately I cannot see my order or tracking information since your site does not recognize my username / password combination, despite having them vaulted at creation.

May I suggest to you that many of us have VERY high expectations of Bitmaintech...so far my experience (and apparently the experience of many others on this forum) with your site leaves much to be desired.  This reflects poorly not only on your site, but on Bitmaintech as well.  

Please invest in creating a better user experience - if you can match Bitmaintech's user experience, you will sell MANY cooling units...if you do not, I assure you this community will find another source for the cooling kit.
thank you for your advice,we are still working for it,but as far as we know,the express we list is the best choice.Chinese cheap express is not cheap on its foreign business.as for payment issue,could you inform us your purchase order no?you could email us(watercooling@ysun.net) ,we will check it out as soon as possible.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 04:26:46 AM

Syscooling,

I had many of the same issues as others below.  I just ordered two C1 cooling units at $50 each. The total shipping was $67...do you not think this is excessive?  Surely there are less expensive means of shipping to the USA.  In addition, I had a number of issues with your site, including the "payment failed" message after successfully processing my paypal payment. 

I do trust that you have been paid, and will ship my order today.  Unfortunately I cannot see my order or tracking information since your site does not recognize my username / password combination, despite having them vaulted at creation.

May I suggest to you that many of us have VERY high expectations of Bitmaintech...so far my experience (and apparently the experience of many others on this forum) with your site leaves much to be desired.  This reflects poorly not only on your site, but on Bitmaintech as well. 

Please invest in creating a better user experience - if you can match Bitmaintech's user experience, you will sell MANY cooling units...if you do not, I assure you this community will find another source for the cooling kit.
Chinese cheap express is not cheap on its foreign business.

This. Remember if the carrier isn't international then they've got to pay for the domestic leg themselves, so it won't be much cheaper at all.

dsheaffer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:51:57 PM

Syscooling,

I had many of the same issues as others below.  I just ordered two C1 cooling units at $50 each. The total shipping was $67...do you not think this is excessive?  Surely there are less expensive means of shipping to the USA.  In addition, I had a number of issues with your site, including the "payment failed" message after successfully processing my paypal payment.  

I do trust that you have been paid, and will ship my order today.  Unfortunately I cannot see my order or tracking information since your site does not recognize my username / password combination, despite having them vaulted at creation.

May I suggest to you that many of us have VERY high expectations of Bitmaintech...so far my experience (and apparently the experience of many others on this forum) with your site leaves much to be desired.  This reflects poorly not only on your site, but on Bitmaintech as well.  

thank you for your advice,we are still working for it,but as far as we know,the express we list is the best choice.Chinese cheap express is not cheap on its foreign business.as for payment issue,could you inform us your purchase order no?you could email us(watercooling@ysun.net) ,we will check it out as soon as possible.

Update...Syscooling did respond to my email, confirmed they had received my PayPal payment and promised to arrange for shipment immediately.  Yesterday I asked for a tracking number; no response to that email as of this post.  With the expected ship date of the C1 just one day away, I sure do hope the cooling system gets here the same day or before.
dsheaffer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:02:31 PM

The S1s were natively wireless and I modded all 7 of my S3s to make them wireless.  The reasons are pretty simple: I didn't want to run cable all over the house, I wanted to be spread them out on multiple power circuits throughout the house,  and I wanted the ability to easily move the miners depending on the weather (now that it's fall in the mid atlantic, I am saving some money on heating at night Smiley).

I ordered two C1s a couple of days ago, and now believe the controller board is completely different on the C1 than on the S1 or S3 and that it does not support WiFi.  Can anyone confirm / deny this? If wireless is not natively supported on the C1, does anyone have a good (inexpensive) way to mod the C1 to make it wireless?  The mod for the S3 was like 7 bucks a unit and took all of 10 minutes.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:53:21 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2014, 05:22:25 PM by IITravel01

Anyone know how many watts the cooling system uses?  I'm guessing around 30watts (around 15w for the pump and 3 fans at maybe 2w each on the low end).  Wondering if it would be possible to run 2 C1's (840w) on 1 1600watt EVGA power supply with 2 water cooling kits even though it's a little over specs, anyone already try this?  (70A each C1 plus water cooking kit x2 is more than the 133.3A 12v rating for the 1600w).
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:59:26 PM

Anyone know how many watts the cooling system uses?  I'm guessing around 30watts.  Wondering if it would be possible to run 2 C1's (840w) on 1 1600watt EVGA power supply with 2 water cooling kits even though it's a little over specs, anyone already try this?  (70A each C1 plus water cooking kit x2 is more than the 133.3A 12v rating for the 1600w).

Probably more like 50w to run the fans and pump. Even if the psu doesn't constantly trip on overcurrent protection, your ac/dc efficiency will suck if the psu is pushed past 105% rating. If it's 92% efficiency at 80% load it may only be 85% efficiency at the load you want to put on it.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 05:01:36 PM

C1 and S4 uses differnt control PCB and no wireless feature is supported.

You can use wifi bridge like below

AntMiner Alternate Wi-Fi Mining

Here is an easy solution for you and we tested it for over a week on S4 and so far it’s working.

You can use any similar items to make it work.  We picked readily available item at the US BestBuy Store.  Netgear Model#: WNCE2001-100NAS.  (Price was $49.99)

If you happens to be living in a dorm, apartment or wherever you can only access to the internet via Wi-Fi, this will make the Bitmain Antminer believe it’s connected to the wired Ethernet and this will not stress the miner.  

We purchased the above item to test it out with the AntMiner and it worked!

The S1s were natively wireless and I modded all 7 of my S3s to make them wireless.  The reasons are pretty simple: I didn't want to run cable all over the house, I wanted to be spread them out on multiple power circuits throughout the house,  and I wanted the ability to easily move the miners depending on the weather (now that it's fall in the mid atlantic, I am saving some money on heating at night Smiley).

I ordered two C1s a couple of days ago, and now believe the controller board is completely different on the C1 than on the S1 or S3 and that it does not support WiFi.  Can anyone confirm / deny this? If wireless is not natively supported on the C1, does anyone have a good (inexpensive) way to mod the C1 to make it wireless?  The mod for the S3 was like 7 bucks a unit and took all of 10 minutes.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 05:02:58 PM

Will post a Kill-a-watt reading with photos for you guys later next week!

Anyone know how many watts the cooling system uses?  I'm guessing around 30watts.  Wondering if it would be possible to run 2 C1's (840w) on 1 1600watt EVGA power supply with 2 water cooling kits even though it's a little over specs, anyone already try this?  (70A each C1 plus water cooking kit x2 is more than the 133.3A 12v rating for the 1600w).

Probably more like 50w to run the fans and pump. Even if the psu doesn't constantly trip on overcurrent protection, your ac/dc efficiency will suck if the psu is pushed past 105% rating. If it's 92% efficiency at 80% load it may only be 85% efficiency at the load you want to put on it.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 05:16:30 PM

Will post a Kill-a-watt reading with photos for you guys later next week!

Anyone know how many watts the cooling system uses?  I'm guessing around 30watts.  Wondering if it would be possible to run 2 C1's (840w) on 1 1600watt EVGA power supply with 2 water cooling kits even though it's a little over specs, anyone already try this?  (70A each C1 plus water cooking kit x2 is more than the 133.3A 12v rating for the 1600w).

Thanks, I'm thinking the EVGA 1600w P2 (platinum) on a 230v line (should shave 3-4% efficiency which might run the 2 water cooling kits) might do it (might have to UnderClock the C1's 1 step).
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Who needs cooling? Just use them to heat your home. Wink
s2miner

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:53:39 AM

Any news if C1 is actually shipping as stated or going to be delayed?
Anyone received the cooling kit yet ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: