Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:03:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cleanbit - extraordinary new mixing service  (Read 3553 times)
cleanbit (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 02:07:40 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2012, 12:58:47 PM by cleanbit

*UPDATE: June 3* We have overhauled our website! Check it out: www.cleanbit.org

Cleanbit is a revolutionary new mixing service. We offer our customers several new options that no other mixing service has offered before:

1) Nexus-based mixing: cleanbit uses clusters of wallets called "Nexuses" for mixing which guarantees you will not receive the same coins you sent to be mixed!

2) Unprecedented security and privacy: Wallets are stored offline and all transactions are completed by hand. There are no webservers to hack, no wallets or transaction books stored on the webhost. Transactions are completed using rotating ip addresses around the world to mask the location of sent/received funds. All records are removed after 7 days (ensuring the ability to confirm the delivery as well as respect customers privacy).

3) PGP mixing: We are the first mixing service to offer comprehensive PGP protected transactions, ensuring no third party can determine the sending or receiving addresses used during a transaction.

During our startup phase we are looking for investors to help us boost our mixing capacity. We are offering a 1% compounding monthly return on investment for persons who wish to loan us money to build new Nexuses for mixing Cheesy

For questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions feel free to shoot me an email or check out the site:

www.cleanbit.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 02:13:12 AM

Sounds legit -- I can't wait to see it to put to the test. Cool idea mates!
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 02:20:37 AM

I am proud to announce the opening of cleanbit- a revolutionary new mixing service. We offer our customers several new options that no other mixing service has offered before:

1) Nexus-based mixing: cleanbit uses a cluster of "Nexuses" which are groups of multiple wallets which guarantees you will not receive the same coins you sent to be mixed

2) Unprecedented security and privacy: Wallets are stored offline and all transactions are completed by hand. There is no webservers to hack, no wallets associated with the website or web host. Transactions are completed using rotating ip addresses around the world to mask the location of sent/received funds. All records are removed after 7 days (ensuring the ability to confirm the delivery as well as respect customers privacy).

3) PGP mixing: The entire mixing service can be conducted through PGP, ensuring no third party knows any of the sending or receiving addresses used during a transaction.

Additionally we are looking for investors to help us boost our mixing capacity. We are offering a 1% compounding monthly return on investment for persons who wish to loan us money to build new Nexuses for mixing Cheesy

For questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions feel free to shoot me an email or check out the site:

www.cleanbit.org

Oh boy!  1% monthly interest loaning coins to a brand new account using a website that hasn't even gotten past its splash screen.  Where do I sign up?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 02:23:46 AM

Hosted by Google, no less. What makes you think that things deleted after 7 days are actually deleted?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
cleanbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 10:33:56 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2012, 10:54:42 AM by cleanbit

@imsaguy
Hey we all have to start somewhere Smiley

Of course the loans are not what the site is really about, just a bonus for people who want to help support anonymity.

@rjk
Although the site is hosted by google, none of the data (transaction details, wallets, etc) is stored on their webserver. The FAQ on the website provides a breakdown of our data storage and removal procedures.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 02:29:33 PM

@imsaguy
Hey we all have to start somewhere Smiley

Of course the loans are not what the site is really about, just a bonus for people who want to help support anonymity.

@rjk
Although the site is hosted by google, none of the data (transaction details, wallets, etc) is stored on their webserver. The FAQ on the website provides a breakdown of our data storage and removal procedures.

You missed my point.  You didn't even bother to let DNS finish propagating before announcing the service.  It only leads me to question what else is underbaked in this setup.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 04:21:53 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how you bypass Google when using their hosting? So your website has a set of forms asking for things such as bitcoin address, email address, etc. Where does the form POST to? I assume it gets stored on a Google Docs spreadsheet, which you then access to transfer the data to your setup. I hate to sound paranoid and tinfoil-ish, but I can't reasonably expect Google to actually delete anything that gets submitted, even if you request them to, based on their business of data collection on anyone and everything.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
MaxSan

Activity: 369

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 05:23:48 PM

yeh get it off google sites. unless your doing client side hashing of the address's.

I dont see your choice of hosting it on their rather than saving litterally a few BTC. a VPS is very low cost and easy as hell to set up.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 07:27:26 PM

yeh get it off google sites. unless your doing client side hashing of the address's.

I dont see your choice of hosting it on their rather than saving litterally a few BTC. a VPS is very low cost and easy as hell to set up.
Only marginally more secure, unless you can encrypt the disk.

publio

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 08:11:55 PM

Only marginally more secure, unless you can encrypt the disk.

Most of the vps services offered here are probably less secure.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 08:25:07 PM

Maybe running it as an i2p and/or Tor "hidden service" would be the best approach if your own connection to your own machine (the only machine with much hope at all of not being as accessible or more accessible to third parties than it is to you) does not support running an unhidden server from your own in-your-building in-your-locked-room machine?

It really does seem very irresponsible, stupid, and negligent to use third party servers for anything involving bitcoins and/or privacy.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 09:20:41 PM

Seems a bit hype.

1. No "standard mixing service" usually operate within one wallet - and if it operates (eg. any exchange, instawallet etc.) there are no fees. I don't consider those services as a mixing services, since the function is something else as mixing.
2. 1.5% fee for mixing is pretty high. After all it is not rocket science, although many people seem to think it is...

Seal
Donator

Activity: 849
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 06:56:02 AM

2. 1.5% fee for mixing is pretty high. After all it is not rocket science, although many people seem to think it is...

... not if you've just stolen 18k of bitcoin that wasnt yours to start with

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
frisco2

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 07:14:01 AM

Hi Guys, I am a creator of a tip jar service and I have created a tip jar of cleanbit. If you can use it as a collection point for this site, if you want.

https://propster.hypervolume.com/tipjar/0C79O71

What's the benefit for you ?  Read the FAQ page on the site.

I like the idea of a laundry service like this -- I only wish that the fee was smaller for large sums.

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
cleanbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 01:02:46 PM

We have recently overhauled our website! We are currently processing about 100btc worth of orders per day, and hope that as more people invest and we can continue to improve and expand our ability to launder larger orders efficiently. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: