Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:56:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-10-16] CNBC: While markets sell off, this is barely moving  (Read 1752 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:39:59 PM

While markets sell off, this is barely moving

While U.S. equities markets tank, and gold is hanging near a one-month high, one famously volatile currency is roughly flat on the week.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102093767?trknav=homestack:topnews:3

stock market is so volatile, crazy stuff. i always knew that bitcoin is solid as a rock  Tongue

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 05:16:35 PM

I'm going to enjoy watching the chaos unfold in the next few months.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:33:54 PM

When the US starts sending more troops into the middle east?  Or when the stock market finally crashes?  People have been saying its going to happen for years now, I still don’t buy it
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 05:35:59 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 06:01:41 PM by Lethn

When the US starts sending more troops into the middle east?  Or when the stock market finally crashes?  People have been saying its going to happen for years now, I still don’t buy it

That's because you're naive Smiley and I'm talking about the stock market, hopefully even the U.S politicians will have enough sense to stay out of the mess in the middle east.
MF Doom

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:06:03 PM

When the US starts sending more troops into the middle east?  Or when the stock market finally crashes?  People have been saying its going to happen for years now, I still don’t buy it

That's because you're naive Smiley and I'm talking about the stock market, hopefully even the U.S politicians will have enough sense to stay out of the mess in the middle east.

But 3 years ago this "crash" was going to happen any day.  Same story now.  I think things are just going to keep slowly inflating and the middle class eroded away, until its those who can afford to eat 3 meals a day (the ultra rich) and those wondering where their next meal is coming from.  That’s "obamas america", as evidenced by his fake "recovery" which only saw income increases for the rich while life for middle class americans is getting tougher by the day
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 06:08:32 PM

But 3 years ago this "crash" was going to happen any day.  Same story now.  I think things are just going to keep slowly inflating and the middle class eroded away, until its those who can afford to eat 3 meals a day (the ultra rich) and those wondering where their next meal is coming from.  That’s "obamas america", as evidenced by his fake "recovery" which only saw income increases for the rich while life for middle class americans is getting tougher by the day

I love how you Americans like to completely ignore bits of history that conflict with your view point and then expect others to do the same.
MF Doom

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:13:33 PM

But 3 years ago this "crash" was going to happen any day.  Same story now.  I think things are just going to keep slowly inflating and the middle class eroded away, until its those who can afford to eat 3 meals a day (the ultra rich) and those wondering where their next meal is coming from.  That’s "obamas america", as evidenced by his fake "recovery" which only saw income increases for the rich while life for middle class americans is getting tougher by the day

I love how you Americans like to completely ignore bits of history that conflict with your view point and then expect others to do the same.

completely ignoring what exactly??  Incomes have drastically risen for the rich since 2008 - FACT.  I didn't say a crash was impossible, but it seems to be propigated by the doom and gloom crowd who want to scare people into buying gold and silver.  I'm not ignoring anything, in fact I am telling you exactly what is currently happening here in the US.  Middle class is losing their disposable income everyday with rising property taxes, healthcare costs, sustaining illegal aliens coming in...I guess YOU are the one ignoring the facts.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 06:37:07 PM

I'm pointing out the fact that you chose to ignore the 2008 - 2009 crash which did actually happen.
MF Doom

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:06:22 PM

I'm pointing out the fact that you chose to ignore the 2008 - 2009 crash which did actually happen.

not at all.  a big part of that was the inflated housing market & subprime mortgages.

I just dont think the conditions are the same for a "crash"
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:25:29 PM

While the next crash will happen in the next 5 years or so, It wont be nearly as bad as the 08-09 market. that was almost a depression, some people actually call what happened 6 years ago small depression and not a recession. yea, its apples and oranges, but when you think of depression, you think of people sleeping on the streets, food lines, etc.. while that could happen, i bet we just get a small recession.. But, in 20 years or so? I think we could see a real depression...
MF Doom

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:40:35 PM

While the next crash will happen in the next 5 years or so, It wont be nearly as bad as the 08-09 market. that was almost a depression, some people actually call what happened 6 years ago small depression and not a recession. yea, its apples and oranges, but when you think of depression, you think of people sleeping on the streets, food lines, etc.. while that could happen, i bet we just get a small recession.. But, in 20 years or so? I think we could see a real depression...

thats more or less what I was getting at, 2008 began a recession/ depression, but there has been NO recovery seen by those hit hardest with forclosures/job losses.  Only "recovery" has been more money to the richest of the rich, who have seen incomes go up and up and up.  We are on a slow and steady path to a crash, it doesn't seem as "imminent" as some people like to say it is
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:23:44 AM

I think a decrease of 10% in GDP is required for a recession to be called a depression.Tough to imagine that happening.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 09:01:42 AM

no, we are in a recovery and stronger than ever  Tongue

MF Doom

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:53:18 PM

^^ Haha, this is why we are now in a slow decline.  The middle class is being eaten up by the "recovery" which only has benefited the rich and the elites
momode

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:12:18 PM

no, we are in a recovery and stronger than ever  Tongue

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wiSSqJUrKPQ/UJUfFEQ-VII/AAAAAAAAZQQ/ocM9g8ybIyw/s1600/monopoly-money-fed-obama-bernanke-biden-printing.jpg

loooooooooooooool  Grin
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 05:27:21 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/market-weekly-bitcoin-price-serene-among-market-turmoil/

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:37:26 PM

Looks like Venezuela is on the brink of default which could endear some of their people to check out Bitcoin. However, the overall thesis of the article is that Bitcoin doesn't swing along the lines of metals, stock markets, equities, etc, it marches to its own tune. Pretty interesting that it sets itself apart in such a way as to be noticed like this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: