Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price prediction, will it hit >$1k in less than half a year?  (Read 3466 times)
goldsun (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:11:31 PM

First of, I know there is a thread for speculation about the BTC/USD, but I want to discuss this bitcoin speculation in a new thread.

I didn't have the chance own bitcoins last year when the prices went to the roof and hit > $1k. But lately i've done more study on the topic and got my self some coins. My question is that if we will see the prices jump to >$1k in less than a half year?

I see a few things that could make this possible, and one thing is that the stock marcket is about to fall, as we have seen for the past days. Therfore it would be smart to invest in BTC. But BTC is also like a roll and coaster, it does have its ups and downs. And not to mention gold, it doesn't seem to be so effective for trading and selling, like BTC. I am thinking of sites like localbitcoins that makes it easy to sell BTC for USD.

Another factor that could bring up the bitcoin price would be if more companies would implement it as a payment methd, right? Not many people will buy a pizza with BTC, although it has happened, but they could buy more expensive things. We also got Bill Gates saying bitcoin is better than currency. Not sure how much this effect the BTC price but it could be a factor, so more people will use BTC in their daily life.

Maybe I am a bit too positive on this whole thing but I want to know what you all think, with some good statments behind it. I read in a thread that it could be between $10k-100k per BTC in 2015, but is that realistic?

MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:19:28 PM

I wouldn't put much trust in those bitcoin will be $x dollars in a year predictions. The technology has potential, that's for sure. Just how much of that potential will come to fruition and whether btc will be the dominant crypto in the future is unknown.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:20:44 PM

No one has a clue. Anyone who claims to has an agenda or is a bit special.
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:22:09 PM

Bitcoin over $1k by EOY 2014, over $10k by EOY 2015. Guaranteed.

Anyone who says otherwise hates freedom.
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:24:16 PM

I assume you've invested your life savings into it then?
wormbog

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:31:51 PM

Of course. When given the opportunity to invest in Freedom, one goes all in.
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:34:06 PM

It could go up to 1k in half a year and back down to 200 the next month and back up to 500 in 2 weeks then down to 10 dollars the next month.... btc price is too unpredictable... if anyone would have been able to predict the first 1kUSD/BTC mark we all on this forum would be rich or atleast the ones who knkow about btc pre $50USD/btc
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:15:49 PM

It could go up to 1k in half a year and back down to 200 the next month and back up to 500 in 2 weeks then down to 10 dollars the next month.... btc price is too unpredictable... if anyone would have been able to predict the first 1kUSD/BTC mark we all on this forum would be rich or atleast the ones who knkow about btc pre $50USD/btc

right?  It seems 99% of people on here are fortune telling experts.  No, if you were you'd be a millionaire and not on this forum
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:31:12 PM

right?  It seems 99% of people on here are fortune telling experts.  No, if you were you'd be a millionaire and not on this forum

Ironically anyone who was on this forum saying the same thing a year ago probably is.
wormbog

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:46:17 PM

Ironically anyone who was on this forum saying the same thing a year ago probably is.

Exactly. I registered on this forum in July 2011. I wish I had more conviction (and money to invest) in those days.

I still believe that someone buying their first bitcoin today is an early adopter. Nobody really knows what's going to happen with bitcoin in the next decade but it's not too late to build blockchain-based infrastructure that will change the world for the better... and maybe get rich in the process. Not a bad combination.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:09:30 PM

Of course. When given the opportunity to invest in Freedom, one goes all in.
lol, nice

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
goldsun (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:49:26 PM

I kind of got the answers I was thinking I would get.

Not too many people have a clue about how the BTC price will either go up or down in the near future. We can always assume but we never know how bitcoin will be more acceptable among people worldwide.

There are many people using bitcoin as a payment method on a daily basis, but it can always be more. And if more companies allow bitcoin as a payment method, I am sure that the bitcoin price would go up to atleast $1k in a few months.
Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:20:25 AM

wake up

edit:  cheers up only $1000 per bitcoin in 2015

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
petersiddle98

Activity: 272

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:25:34 AM

Not more $1000 for bitcoin this year..... but hope the next rally would be strong..

touhonoob

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:31:30 AM

HODL
https://i.imgur.com/pR4ptme.png
goldsun (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:16:17 AM

No one has a clue. Anyone who claims to has an agenda or is a bit special.

This.

Funny thing about 'no regulation' in bitcoin is that you'll see a lot of people making claims for/against bitcoin without disclosing their vested interest.  For the stock market, generally sites with some large online presence or readership will declare if an article has opinion and whether they agree/disagree.  They'll also state whether they have any vested interested in the stock/company as part of the general disclosure.

With bitcoin, you simply don't know if the person saying 'to the moon' is a bag holder who bought at $700 or if they're an early adopter.  You don't know if the people spreading FUD are shorting, and so on (although a lot of people will make assumptions).  A few weeks ago, CoinDesk posted an interview with Tim Draper where he stated that he thinks bitcoin is 'still going up to 10k per coin' despite the recent price drop.  Well no shit, Tim Draper bought 30,000 bitcoins at roughly $600/each, he's lost about $10 million from his net worth, of course he's going to be talking up bitcoin to encourage buyers.  That piece should have been labeled an advertisement. 

So, with that said, I think these long-term predictions are silly.  No one truly knows.  And be wary of the people who claim to predictive long-term prices.  Personally, I think at the current price levels holding long-term is silly.  Back in the early days it made sense because parting ways with $500 for 10k coins was a laughable amount of money you could piss away and not care about... But now, 10k coins is the cost of a house.  Holding from $380 hoping for $1000 in some arbitrary future time is not a really big enough gain to rationalize the risk of losing out on the opportunity cost of investing that money elsewhere.

People who buy 30k bitcoinns will always try to encourage buyers to buy more bitcoins so they can make the most money out of it. But I was thinking of people who are not owning 30k bitcoins, what their predictions are. But as we know, its hard to predict the bitcoin price for the future, but we could always guess.

It's does sound more reasonable for me to predict that the BTC price would go up to $1k by the end of this year, than saying it would go up to $5k. How ever, it could go up to a lot of money, and in the end, thats what all bitcoin owners want.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:42:40 PM

HODL

After the bubble burst, people's confidence in BTC started to ...what's the polite term for this?  Oh yes, "decline" Smiley

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:16:11 PM

I hate freedom, but still think the way you do.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 06:45:52 PM

HODL

After the bubble burst, people's confidence in BTC started to ...what's the polite term for this?  Oh yes, "decline" Smiley

It seems the decline will continue!
goldsun (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:31:08 PM

If people hold to their bitcoins, the price will go up. I see alot of people selling their bitcoins now, maybe they are being afraid of a decline. Well only the time will tell.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: