Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:56:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MOD ABUSING THE TRUST RATING SYSTEM IN GMAXWELL  (Read 3081 times)
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:23:11 PM

1. gmaxwell is not just a mod here, he is a core dev of the bitcoin protocol.
2. it's a trust system, not a feedback system
fire000 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:38:47 AM

That is worst that he should NOT backing these users attacks on another pool ESP when their are coming from P2 users....    I do not gave a rats if he the POPE or the KING etc   and should be leading by example to stamp out these types of users etc IT a really good look that a bitcoin dev is attacking other members on this forum under fake IDS and other pools when he a dev of the coin that these pools are mining and goes against the core mission statement of the BTC major bodies Very good look NOT

Time ticking GMAXWELL
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:53:07 AM

I think you need to include a warning with your posts, I don't have epilepsy but I may now after reading all of this. I answered your question quite a while ago as to whether GMaxwell was using the trust system correctly, if you would like clarification I'd be happy to help, but if you aren't willing to accept my clarification, oh well. Build your own forum and your own trust system. But please, stop with the caps, bold, and text base emotes?

Anyway, the trust system is completely unmoderated, Gmaxwell could have given you negative rep for being a lizard overlord, and "the forum" would have no recourse, you may just have been able to get more public support to pressure him to remove it if he was using the trust system incorrectly.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:15:52 AM

Actually, I'm going to take this opportunity to really explain how the trust system works. First off the number next to your trust is completely insignificant. The red letters that say "warning trade with caution" are also insignificant, what actually matters is 1) The feedback you have 2) The source of the feedback 3) The amounts traded

So I'm going to use some examples from my own trust list, as I actually have a variety of feedback both positive and negative that helps to explain what I'm talking about. One's "Trusted/Untrusted" feedback is completely changeable. Most people that haven't set their own trust lists go by the default trust list, that is Theymos' controlled central trust list. But in reality, if anyone cares enough to change it, you can set your own trust, so you don't see the Default Trust list as a trusted source, for my example I do.

This is from my "trusted" feedback. If you use the default trustlist, you will see these references as "trusted" if you don't use default trust, you could see me as having no "trusted" feedback, in which case it is all "untrusted"

This is what contributes to any trust number shown next to my name. Now, I personally see those people as "trusted" because I have the Default Trust list registered. I also see those people trusted by Tecshare, Ryland, and Mush because I trust those three people thoroughly, and I trust their opinions on who is trustworthy.

This is part of my "untrusted" feedback

These people aren't trusted by default trust, but that doesn't mean that before you trade with someone you shouldn't read all of someone's trust. As you notice, I have some negative feedback, so what a responsible trader would do, is read into those claims as well to judge for themselves their validity. From there you can do some digging and find out that I gave Inaba negative trust for doing an experiment where he paid people to give people negative trust. While that isn't any sort of offense, since the feedback system is unmoderated, I was able to voice my opinion on his trust. As shown below

Note, I never did a trade with Inaba, but I found what he was doing as untrustworthy in character. So in my feedback that I left for him, Risked Bitcoins is 0, as I was never at any risk of losing coins, I wrote my reason, and included a reference link that someone who is interested can view. However! Inaba actually used the trust system correctly leaving me similar feedback, saying that I was interfering with his experiment, he risked no bitcoins with me, etc.

another example is Serotin, we both gave each other negative trust. Again I never traded with them, but I explained my concerns, risked BTC is 0, included a link, so anyone trading with Serotin can read my feedback, follow the reference link, and judge the validity of my claim for themselves.

The feedback that I got in response from Serotin shows how one "abuses" the trust system. Note the 10,000 BTC risked, they are more than welcome to post an opposition to my feedback explaining their point, however there was never a circumstance where 10,000 BTC was risked. Again, nothing anyone can do about that, however it does destroy their credibility, which is what I'll explain next.

NOW! If I was someone else deciding whether or not to trust my feedback, I would first judge the validity of the people posting the feedback. If you have never heard of anyone that has left me feedback, even if I had +1000 feedback its no good to you. Kluge for example has been a valuable part of the community for a long time, so chances are more people will value his feedback over someone else's, however if you have known Inaba for a long while, and you trust his feedback, your perception of my trust changes. Thats what drives the forums feedback system. There is no such thing as a trust system. No amount of feedback magically makes me trustworthy, what makes someone trustworthy is the amount of positive feedback that one has gathered from people that a potential trading partner trusts. I have not personally traded with a lot of people on the forum's default trust list, so their feedback doesn't mean much to me, even if you have a + or - 1000 next to your trust score. Another factor to consider are the amounts traded. If I have 100 positive feedback for 1 BTC trades, that doesn't magically mean you can trust me with 100 BTC, you can do your own calculations as to what my trust is worth (as trust does have a financial value)

I'm not upset in the slightest about any negative feedback I have against my profile, because 5 minutes of searching, and the average reasonable person will side with me in the disputes I've had. If someone decides not to trust me because of any of the negative feedback I have, oh well, thats on them. So how do you handle feedback against you that you see as wrongful? You explain on the other person's trust why they are wrong, and if you are right, people will trust that person less, and trust your opinion more. If people don't trust their feedback, their feedback against you is worthless.

So that is how you win your fight. If you are right, you reasonably explain why you are right. If you are correct, people will value GMaxwell's opinion less, and then his feedback against you is irrelevant red letters and negative numbers or not.

Rawted

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:45:12 PM

That is worst that he should NOT backing these users attacks on another pool ESP when their are coming from P2 users....    I do not gave a rats if he the POPE or the KING etc   and should be leading by example to stamp out these types of users etc IT a really good look that a bitcoin dev is attacking other members on this forum under fake IDS and other pools when he a dev of the coin that these pools are mining and goes against the core mission statement of the BTC major bodies Very good look NOT

Time ticking GMAXWELL
I posted that in an effort to get you to realize he is not the type of person prone to poor decisions or an inappropriate thought process. He's a pretty calculated individual, and I have full confidence he wouldn't drop negative trust on a whim. It was deserved in some manner.
FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:03:17 PM

Time ticking GMAXWELL
If you feel that gmaxwell left you negative trust because he is trying to "protect" bitcoin then say so and provide evidence. Generally speaking, people will trust him because of his past actions, however trust is not something that cannot be taken away (the same is true for "real life").

The fact is that he does have a very good point as to why he does not trust you. The fact that you have "red" trust does not affect your ability to trade with other members, it only affects your ability to attempt to scam.

If you read above you will see a very good explanation from SaltySpitoon as to how the trust system works in a non-technical way. I would suggest that you read his post.

If you want to have your negative trust removed, you should change how you act to act in a more trust worthy way, once you do that I would suggest trying to get in contact with the person who left you negative trust (in this case is gmaxwell) to see if they are wiling to remove it.
fire000 (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:14:12 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 12:58:42 AM by fire000

Just an update on this thread the matter is in the hands of lawyers as Gmaxwell has chosen to not try to resolve the matter and also explain to us all why he been abusing other members on this forum with countless FAKE IDS etc....    The lawyer that has looked close at the matter and all the posts etc and the many fine examples of this MOD actions on this forum in these FAKE IDS that can be linked together quite clearly is looking froward to going this MOD and this forum...

Have a nice day this is the last time I will be making a comment re this matter as it NOW in the hands of lawyers and legal action is under way Smiley Against the MOD in question as well as a number of P2 users.

Also a tip to the others in this thread trying to justify the actions of the MOD in question YOU MAY WANT to do some research before posting any further on the matter as a friendly tip....    As it been all one way traffic from the MOD and the P2 users and has been for months on countless posts and the abuse threats of violence etc they have been throwing around at other members of this forum not only related to myself or the BAN pool.   But also other pools and users and business etc....  

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:12:14 AM

Just an update on this thread the matter is in the hands of lawyers as Gmaxwell has chosen to not try to resolve the matter and also explain to us all why he been abusing other members on this forum with countless FAKE IDS etc....    The lawyer that has looked close at the matter and all the posts etc and the many fine examples of this MOD actions on this forum in these FAKE IDS that can be linked together quite clearly is looking froward to going this MOD and this forum...

Have a nice day this is the last time I will be making a comment re this matter as it NOW in the hands of lawyers and legal action is under way Smiley Against the MOD in question as well as a number of P2 users.

Also a tip to the others in this thread trying to justify the actions of the MOD in question YOU MAY WANT to do some research before posting any further on the matter as a friendly tip....    As it been all one way traffic from the MOD and the P2 users and has been for months on countless posts and the abuse threats of violence etc they have been throwing around at other members of this forum not only related to myself or the BAN pool.   But also other pools and users and business etc....  

I for one await the outcome as I believe you are full of BS. How many others have claimed legal action in the past 3 months alone and then silence? Proof is going to be very hard to obtain and costly to even try.
Good luck though, I hope you find a cure for your butt hurt!

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Window2Wall

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:51:20 PM

Well at least you still have your dignity (sarcasm).

This statement takes away any credibility to your claim. I have quoted the negative trust that he gave you below (I added the bold):
This user has been attacking people for posting honest concerns about what appears to be a pretty obvious scam; as well as disrupting conversations with offtopic ranting. He seems to be very unreliable. I'm not sure if it's confusion, trolling, or what. But I consider them untrustworthy.
Your most likely claim would be that he is slandering you by leaving this negative trust. In order to prove a slander case you would need to prove that what he said did damage to your reputation, caused you financial harm and is untrue.

I think it is undisputed that the negative trust does damage to your reputation. He would also not dispute that it has done you financial harm as you have lost your ability to scam (for the most part). The remaining question is to determine if his statement is untrue.

This leaves only one part for you to prove, the question of is his statement true. I bolded the fact that he says that he does not trust you. So in order for you to have a valid slander case against him you would need to prove that he does in fact trust you. Are you able to prove this? 
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:24:18 PM

fire000; PLZ STOP SCAMMING!

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
fire000 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:10:01 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 05:58:59 AM by fire000

This statement takes away any credibility to your claim. I have quoted the negative trust that he gave you below (I added the bold):
This user has been attacking people for posting honest concerns about what appears to be a pretty obvious scam; as well as disrupting conversations with offtopic ranting. He seems to be very unreliable. I'm not sure if it's confusion, trolling, or what. But I consider them untrustworthy.
Your most likely claim would be that he is slandering you by leaving this negative trust. In order to prove a slander case you would need to prove that what he said did damage to your reputation, caused you financial harm and is untrue.

I think it is undisputed that the negative trust does damage to your reputation. He would also not dispute that it has done you financial harm as you have lost your ability to scam (for the most part). The remaining question is to determine if his statement is untrue.

This leaves only one part for you to prove, the question of is his statement true. I bolded the fact that he says that he does not trust you. So in order for you to have a valid slander case against him you would need to prove that he does in fact trust you. Are you able to prove this?  

Take NOTE of the BOLD section the launch of legal action is re abuse threats of violence etc they have been throwing around at other members of this forum not only related to myself or the BAN pool also to do with the parts highlighted IN the comment left be MAXWELL which are bot baseless and false .   But also other pools and users and business etc....  BY the mod in question under fake ids and also the actions of a few P2 users    I can not comment much more on this at the moment

Also it would be on him to prove "I think it is undisputed that the negative trust does damage to your reputation. He would also not dispute that it has done you financial harm as you have lost your ability to scam (for the most part). The remaining question is to determine if his statement is untrue. "

Again take note of the BOLD section there is no way for him to prove this as I have never scammed ANYONE or even done a trade here on this forum etc of this is down outright slender which can be prove quite easy from my side BUT he would NOT be able to disprove

AS put earlier in this thread GMAXWELL IS ALSO USING FAKE IDS to attack other pools,users and making downright false claims left right and centre WHICH we can prove there a very strong against this mod and his actions and the day coming where himself and a few of the others that having been carrying out these action are in for a rude wake up call Smiley Smiley
cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:08:17 AM

LULZ @ fire000.....far too many mind altering drugs for you  Cheesy Cheesy

Returned the neg-rep with interest - best regards to s0br & his lying, cheating, scamming, faking, shill filled BAN pool.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:46:01 AM

Just an update on this thread the matter is in the hands of lawyers as Gmaxwell has chosen to not try to resolve the matter and also explain to us all why he been abusing other members on this forum with countless FAKE IDS etc....    The lawyer that has looked close at the matter and all the posts etc and the many fine examples of this MOD actions on this forum in these FAKE IDS that can be linked together quite clearly is looking froward to going this MOD and this forum...

Also a tip to the others in this thread trying to justify the actions of the MOD in question YOU MAY WANT to do some research before posting any further on the matter as a friendly tip....    As it been all one way traffic from the MOD and the P2 users and has been for months on countless posts and the abuse threats of violence etc they have been throwing around at other members of this forum not only related to myself or the BAN pool.   But also other pools and users and business etc....   

Take NOTE of the BOLD section the launch of legal action is re abuse threats of violence etc they have been throwing around at other members of this forum not only related to myself or the BAN pool also to do with the parts highlighted IN the comment left be MAXWELL which are bot baseless and false .   But also other pools and users and business etc....  BY the mod in question under fake ids and also the actions of a few P2 users    I can not comment much more on this at the moment

Also it would be on him to prove "I think it is undisputed that the negative trust does damage to your reputation. He would also not dispute that it has done you financial harm as you have lost your ability to scam (for the most part). The remaining question is to determine if his statement is untrue. "

Again take note of the BOLD section there is no way for him to prove this as I have never scammed ANYONE or even done a trade here on this forum etc of this is down outright slender which can be prove quite easy from my side BUT he would NOT be able to disprove

AS put earlier in this thread GMAXWELL IS ALSO USING FAKE IDS to attack other pools,users and making downright false claims left right and centre WHICH we can prove there a very strong against this mod and his actions and the day coming where himself and a few of the others that having been carrying out these action are in for a rude wake up call Smiley Smiley

Oooops, I guess your lawyer will be pissed you broke your word, ignored his advice and posted. Maybe you better call Sol?  Roll Eyes

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Rawted

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:33:57 PM

What a joke you are.
kimchi64

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:49:08 PM

Words can't describe how stupid this man is.
'nuff said
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: