Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Xapo.com Debit Card Not Working and Support Plain Sucks!  (Read 5668 times)
zebroid (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 11:07:22 PM

Angry
I finally received my Xapo.com debit card via post about 3 weeks ago and needles to say
was very excited about it and immediately started the activation process...

The card is a MyChoice branded card from mychoicecorporate.com and you have to phone
an international number to activate card pin. That was the easy part - automated voice prompts
to follow and you get your PIN.

Then you suppose to go to the mychoicecorporate.com to activate your account and that's
where the mess starts. It took me more than a week to get the verification email with the
link in the message to verify the email and account.

MyChoice email support was fairly supportive but they definitely had technical issues.
The site also didn't load correct in Chrome and finally after actually getting a call from
a helpdesk person and I pointed out they had various Javascript errors causing havock
I eventually got the account activated.

So that side was painful but done.

On Xapo.com side - nothing. 8 support tickets submitted to date and not one single
reply back or even acknowledgement of my customer support tickets being looked at.

So my Xapo Debit Card still in limbo and not able to use in my xapo wallet - it's just
a pretty picture of a card in top left corner when I login to my Xapo.com account.

Nice one Xapo - raise millions of dollars to build a service for Bitcoin and then
issue a debit card service that's useful only for the order fees you charge to send
a piece of fancy plastic via mail and then pay support staff and developers to ignore
customers.

I do hope that others reading this would add their experience here because I have a
feeling I'm not the only one experiencing these issues with Xapo.com

So, yes, this is a bitch and moan from the little guy that tried the correct channels
to request assistance but now I'm flaming Xapo.com in public.

Xapo if you can't get the debit card integrated and working in your system - cancel the
service and send my $15 back please or donate it to charity.

Angry
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tedmrogers

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:57:29 AM

Zebroid -- I'm sorry that happened.  It may be that Xapo support thought that MyChoice had taken care of the problem but, regardless, you should have gotten a better response. 
I couldn't tell from your post exactly what the problem is but please email support@xapo.com and identify yourself as Zebroid and I will make sure you get attentive support.
Thank you and I apologize for the frustrating experience.
Ted
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:51:51 AM

XAPO support and service sucks big time, I fully agree. I ve registered 4 months ago and still waiting for someone to contact me about issuing my card. I understand there is a waiting period for this kind of stuff but 4 months, please, you are not giving BTC for free. Also sent 2 tickets which were answered 2 months after I ve posted them. Support just sent generic response to both, just told me to wait until they contact me. So far, XAPO, you suck.

Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:15:11 PM

Zebroid -- I'm sorry that happened.  It may be that Xapo support thought that MyChoice had taken care of the problem but, regardless, you should have gotten a better response. 
I couldn't tell from your post exactly what the problem is but please email support@xapo.com and identify yourself as Zebroid and I will make sure you get attentive support.
Thank you and I apologize for the frustrating experience.
Ted

Ted, it would be great if Xapo posted more news. Me and a few people I know have the cards preorderd, but there is no hint on the timing. I have no idea if I'll get the e-mail tomorrow, next week or in 2015.

You might also consider opening an official thread here where a senior technical person from Xapo would address any questions/problems we have.
zebroid (OP)

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

Wink
Seeing that I starting this public forum thread about Xapo debit card and their service
I should feedback what transpired as a BETA client.

For those not wanting to read my full post:
MY XAPO DEBIT Card is working now & support responded to my tickets!

More detail below:

So I had a mission with activating the MyChoice debit card as my initial post stated and
Xapo support didn't respond etc.

After the post reply here from Ted I thought okay let me give it some more effort with the guys
and logged back into my Xapo account and went to check support messages.

My last ticket they replied and basically stated that they did pick up my issues and escalated
it to the MyChoice debit card side to find the problem and sort it out. Support also confirmed
that from feedback that the debit card activation side now resolved and that the card should
be working now.

What was not clear from their assuring reply - how the heck do I work this card?
Do I transfer bitcoins into the card by clicking what button in the Xapo interface. How do
I get my BTC to $US on my card to test it.

THEN IT DAWNED ON ME! - Go and look at the FAQ maybe?

I actually spent some time reading all the FAQ's relating to the debit card...
tip to Xapo marketing - maybe get a guy to refine this section even more making it
newbie friendly before you go out of Beta - but in general basic info present and makes sense
for the desperate betas...

Ninja FAQ: If BTC showing in XAPO Wallet as confirmed - good to hit debit card with ATM or Ninja swipe.
No need to transfer or exchange to dollars.

Now for the deep Africa Beta test debit card experience

With a nervous feel I proceeded to transfer $45 worth of btc from one of my other
btc mining wallets to my Xapo wallet. I waited couple seconds and the transaction showed
as Pending in my Xapo wallet.

Approx. 20/30 minutes later status changed to confirmed.

I then headed to the corner Shell service station/shop and inserted the debit card into local ATM (FNB)
punched in pin and equivalent of $40...

Oh Yes - it worked!

With that BTC ATM cash withdrawal to celebrate this is what I bought:

x8 Free range chicken breasts
x1 Bunch fresh broccoli
x1 Pack fresh green beans
x1 Pack Cherry tomato's
x1 Fresh cucumber
x1 Pack summer salad mix
x1 250g Fetta cheese
Dozen hamburger rolls
x2 250ml smooth yogurt
x1 350ml Fresh cream
x1 750ml Merlot red wine
x1 1L Grape juice

Above shopping list covered a reasonably healthy stir fry Cajun chicken bits on top of a fresh steamed veg salad
with olive oil and balsamic feeding family of five.

Oh & a pack of 10 Marlboro Lights (bad) and some prepaid electricity and a 350ml Lucozade energy drink consumed
before Kung Fu class today.

Still have some change left for midnight snacks & tuck shop money for the boys school day tomorrow.

So, yes Xapo debit card finally working (in Africa) and support did do their part! Thanx XAPO!

PS. On a personal level regarding crypto currency, community, technology, decentralized opportunities etc.
to me this is now a path to some type of freedom - mine coins with a kick ass major cloud mine investment because
electricity & import duties so freaking expensive in Africa. Then take some of your BTC mined
transfer to BTC wallet and 30 minutes later able to swipe debit card or draw cash at an ATM.

From mine to ATM to food on table and paying some rent etc.

Smiley Grin
**Now the happy Xapo Debit Card Beta Tester!**
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 07:01:26 AM

Now for the deep Africa Beta test debit card experience

With a nervous feel I proceeded to transfer $45 worth of btc from one of my other
btc mining wallets to my Xapo wallet. I waited couple seconds and the transaction showed
as Pending in my Xapo wallet.

Approx. 20/30 minutes later status changed to confirmed.

I then headed to the corner Shell service station/shop and inserted the debit card into local ATM (FNB)
punched in pin and equivalent of $40...

Oh Yes - it worked!

**Now the happy Xapo Debit Card Beta Tester!**

Ow man! this makes me want to order it right away, but they take too long to ship it and as said yourself I need to read the faq s and about other expenses before ordering it. were you charged anything for using the ATM from your bitcoin account in xapo? And have you tried to order anything from it using any on-line sites? I am guessing it would work.

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 02:25:29 AM

see i am interested in this card i am in the USA but i dont think it should be a problem right? Considering wiki says they located in the USA so i figure they can send out a new card. If some one can post me to official form for xapo or updates would be great. Also feel free to send test donation to xapo wallet lol

15WjeBwVoDgYMPzvMksjf8cmByJQ7zFE3x

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:23:15 AM

see i am interested in this card i am in the USA but i dont think it should be a problem right? Considering wiki says they located in the USA so i figure they can send out a new card. If some one can post me to official form for xapo or updates would be great. Also feel free to send test donation to xapo wallet lol

The last I heard from Xapo support a couple of weeks ago, they said they are still in the beta phase for the cards and are keeping it small until they sort out all the issues that pop up...
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 10:19:09 PM

The last I heard from Xapo support a couple of weeks ago, they said they are still in the beta phase for the cards and are keeping it small until they sort out all the issues that pop up...
ahhh man that is sad to hear i really want to have a debit card that i can use anywhere debit / credit cards are accpected. I wonder if they are labeled visa, mastercard, discover or amex. I would assume they need to carry one of this logos to use them like at lets say walmart or hotel reservation.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 04:39:00 AM

That's why I'd prefer ANX's debit cards -  wayyy faster support times and their debit card is worldwide with no reloading dees Smiley
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:11:07 AM

That's why I'd prefer ANX's debit cards -  wayyy faster support times and their debit card is worldwide with no reloading dees Smiley

yea well ... site offline ...
UKBC

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:00:02 PM

I think xapo card is really good, I was a part of their beta programme and although their was a lot of teething problems my card works perfectly fine in all shops. Some UK banks I can't get money from the ATM like Barclays and Co-op bank don't accept the card. Or link machines but HSBC and NATWEST do accept withdrawals from the machine.

Their customer service is second to non. Jessie on the support page has answered every question and problem that I have had. Yes there is. 6 to 12 hour wait but they still answer and are willing to help with anything.

ANX card I feel their fees are pretty high and not comparable with Xapo. Xapo  refund the monthly charge that their card service charges and there is no loading fee when I use bittylicous and Xapo card is real time coming from your wallet and the card is cheap. Where as the ANX card is not free. Well depending on if you have a huge amount of cash to put on first then it is.

Real Mining no Ponzi and extremely transparent with their business. Follow my link if your interested :-) https://www.miningsweden.se?affiliates=638
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:01:08 PM

I think xapo card is really good, I was a part of their beta programme and although their was a lot of teething problems my card works perfectly fine in all shops. Some UK banks I can't get money from the ATM like Barclays and Co-op bank don't accept the card. Or link machines but HSBC and NATWEST do accept withdrawals from the machine.

Their customer service is second to non. Jessie on the support page has answered every question and problem that I have had. Yes there is. 6 to 12 hour wait but they still answer and are willing to help with anything.

ANX card I feel their fees are pretty high and not comparable with Xapo. Xapo  refund the monthly charge that their card service charges and there is no loading fee when I use bittylicous and Xapo card is real time coming from your wallet and the card is cheap. Where as the ANX card is not free. Well depending on if you have a huge amount of cash to put on first then it is.
is there any other cards out there that let people in the USA get them and have low fees to use / get card. Also a company that has been around for a while and is registered and some kind of regulation would be good. I really dont know why places like coinbase cant  just offer customers a BTC debit card to use would be awesome.

UKBC

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:07:26 PM

It's either Xapo or AMX that I would trust at the moment.

Real Mining no Ponzi and extremely transparent with their business. Follow my link if your interested :-) https://www.miningsweden.se?affiliates=638
UKBC

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:08:52 PM

I think the xapo card in USA is free and from my understanding of Bitcoin cards there the cheapest for me and I don't use them to load my card up. You can use a cheaper alternative to do that. I have an ANX card but there fees are higher in the long run than XAPO

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 11:19:16 PM

I think the xapo card in USA is free and from my understanding of Bitcoin cards there the cheapest for me and I don't use them to load my card up. You can use a cheaper alternative to do that. I have an ANX card but there fees are higher in the long run than XAPO
ok so i checked out the ANX site you suggested and it does seem they have high fees. Also if i read it correct it seems that the card has to be loaded first before you can use it at store or places that accept the credit card i think it was visa or mastercard dont recall. Now i think i seen a section that said you might be able to make deposits using ATMs if this is true i wonder if its true for people in the USA

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:08:17 PM

TO you and all on this forum happy holidays enjoy the time with family and friends. May the holidays bring everyone good stuff with good food and good drinks  Smiley posting this now as i know alot of people in areas where almost xmas

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:06:40 PM

seems like no activity here either, i am trying to find somewhere where they speak of the Xapo debit card more actively that what goes on this forum seems like noone on here talks about it. I am trying to get card for people like me that live in the USA. Any links to where i can find active chats would be appreciated will post this on the Xapo forums i go to to increase odds of answer. If you want to send me private message that is ok to with any information  Wink

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 08:41:58 PM

anyone .................. any information or link would be good thanks in advance

UKBC

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:20:59 AM

I use the capo card on a regular basis and it works everywhere in the world nearly. It's a dam good card and the cheapest out there. If your an American citizen then your card is free. If there was ever to be a problem with the card when you get it then there customer services are second to non and I had a few issues in the beginning. I was apart of the beta testing so I did have a few problems but now they have the infer structure working now the card works just like any other card. No loading fees and compared to ANX the xapo card is of better choice as it seamlessly works with the xapo wLlet and transactions are on your account in seconds.

What is there to discuss ? If you set up an account that is free and then use the contacts form ask for Jessie and she will help you with any question you have about the xapo card :-)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: