Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:39:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's news IMO  (Read 948 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:29:31 PM

Been a while since I've shared.

Well, hope I don't jinx it, but it seems like the EXTENDED altcoin spring has finally died down, less and less coins are being launched on a daily basis. This is mostly in part likely to the lower BTC price as most quick scams feel it is not worth it.

The altcoin forum was rocked by some major events such as the launch of the largely (IMO) worthless string of Color themed coins whose overall uses baffle me up to now. The relentless bombardment with useless pointless coins was at times punctuated by some rather obvious disasters whose victims were subject to much deserved ridicule at the hands of forum members. Then came the string of so called Anonymous coins. LOL  Roll Eyes throwing in unconfigured zerocoin libraries is a far cry from what they claimed to do. Funny enough even after three consecutive scams of that nature , people still threw their money at the IPOs.

Another interesting trend was the animal themed coins, all in all i lost hope for the community when they would rave like lunatics supporting these coins, only to have them come crashing down within a month or three. I think that we have seen it all (i hope) or else things will get even more ridiculous.

Some interesting concepts did punctuate the last few months though, bright spots like the innovations from Myriad and Dark coin, the release of BTSX client (finally), there are other but most still stand to be proven.

Some unique ideas were also posted for example Lottoshares, which while it was ultimately abandoned brought to life some concepts most had only dreamt of. I abandoned my own implementation in favor of Freetrade's rather inspired approach to the problem and integrated it into NoirShares.

In other news Monero became a plague on the forum after its supporters began to ruffle dignified and otherwise feathers on the forum , at some point they had BCX pointing his guns at them but that seems to have been a hoax (last I checked). The fanaticism on the forum has become rather disturbing as people rely on account farming and spam posting to get their message, useful or not across. The forum complaints reached an all time high....to which the moderators responded with a stickied post, i'll leave it to you to form your own opinion on the matter.

Exchanges have been hit by hackers rather far too frequently for comfort, these "hacks" somehow seem to have immediate explanations waiting handy which has always seemed dubious to me. I may not be into security that much, but IF you could figure out how it was done within the hour.... meh , just my opinion.

The recent drop in BTC price is a welcome circumstance for those in the development circles, it eases the pressure and because the majority charge their rates based on USD value , they are accruing huge sums of BTC for the various jobs the do.

In all the development that has happened , one comes to mind UNITY... the saga continues........

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mnporter2001

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:37:20 PM

Well yep that just about sums it up I guess Smiley

████████████████████