Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:41:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] e-Peso: the government-backed currency for the Philippines (launch 30-oct)  (Read 25942 times)
naplam (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 04:43:58 PM

Note:
Since advertising mining pools is prohibited by BCT rules, if you have a pool, send a PM and we'll add it to the OP and to our website.

mcin5174

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:48:33 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 04:34:57 PM by mcin5174

http://www.alltop10list.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Toy-Story.jpg

http://www.blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=EPESO

Aaaaaaand boom goes the dynamite Kiss. It's already out the door and I'm going to give it to the Philippine Government for free.
giftedchild

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:31:31 PM

Vrs94PvbisdLoDXc8WtLpz8ySZWtoW7vam send me some coin hahaha
naplam (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 10:37:22 PM

In case any of you are confused with the "other" fake ePesos... this one is a real coin that will get listed in exchanges, done by a competent team who's launched cryptocurrencies successfully before.

mcin5174

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:43:49 AM

In case any of you are confused with the "other" fake ePesos... this one is a real coin that will get listed in exchanges, done by a competent team who's launched cryptocurrencies successfully before.

"Real" as in, really important for your personal bottom line with no regard for the damage you are doing to the actual initiative the Philippine Government is attempting. If your coin is successful it will undermine real currency and do irreparable harm to future endeavors. Your opportunistic narcissim is a thin mask for your greed. Anyone who invests in this travesty is simply donating to the furtherance of future endeavors of this ill conceived nature. I wish you all of the worst luck possible.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:00:43 AM

Yours looks like a fake, the real one is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827826
kendx

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:19:25 AM

With all these cases of launching fake E-Pesos in the forum, I think PH Gov't will be force to change the name of its future digital currency.
nrvkush

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:05:19 AM

Yours looks like a fake, the real one is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827826
Are you sure which is real?
cryptochris88

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:13:20 AM

wow... 'real' is such a big word. At least on the other thread it was meant to be a means to test the approach... while yours on the other hand claims to be the legit one.  Huh
wwbit

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:30:31 AM

Which one is real Huh

pigheadbig

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:47:55 AM

Are you sure which is real?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827826
which one is real?
mcin5174

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:51:59 AM

Neither is real. A government issued currency is not going to be mineable, droppable or in any way free to early adopters. The "coin" will be a one for one exchange of fiat currency at Phiippine banks. All of this mineable e-Peso is a fantasy designed to separate you from your money.
hollowframe

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:07:50 AM

Website looks great, the coin is set for something wonderful and great. Lets keep this coin in development!
mcculum0010

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:25:27 AM

This one is real and the only one worth going for. When we looking to hit the exchange?

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Shurugwi

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:57:34 PM

I don't normally bother commenting or flaming on new coins... Everyone is free to create an ALT coin but trying to cash in on a legitimate effort of another countries government is just pathetic and greedy but then this is the world of crypto where the nice guys working to better it for everyone are few and far between.

@naplam

Since we are making lists here is mine:
  • Will the premine be kept in escrow or do you keep the coins yourself?
  • Who decides the recipients of the premine
  • How much of the premine goes to you
  • How do you intend to distribute the premine to the citizens of PH

No longevity
I am concerned about the longevity of the coin in that it has a POW of only 2 years and no POS with an interest component to keep the blockchain moving beyond that. I don't see this coin being valuable enough that mining for transaction fees only would be viable after the short POW. Not even bitcoin at this stage with it's market cap in the billions is worth mining for only transaction fees.
Should this coin ever even reach 2 years POW then the rewards from mining transaction fees would be so low that almost no one would bother mining which in turn would allow the difficulty to drop and anyone with even a few TH would be able to attack the blockchain(51%). This spec is a non starter.

Premine
These are the problems I see with your current premine:

15% premine is 150000000 coins
Assuming the rest of the coins are mined over 24 months then that would be 35416666.66666667 coins per month.
That means miners would have to mine for 4.2 months before mining 15% of the total to match the premine.

Unless the premine is kept in escrow and released at a maximum % rate matching the mined rate of the total coins, I don't see this going any other way than a massive premine dump when it hits an exchange.

If you have any decency then call this coin something else and drop the name e-peso and association to the Philippines.

naplam (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 10:36:52 PM

Shurugwi, in the aspects you've mentioned it's no different than other altcoins or Bitcoin itself. Placing the premine in escrow makes no sense, it has to be distributed according to our plan anyway (see how placing a premine in Moolah's hands worked out for Syscoin by the way...). And I've demonstrated I'm trustworthy with Spaincoin before and I wouldn't be taking any of the premine for myself.

Anyway, it doesn't matter any more because I'm cancelling the launch of this currency. With the lackluster support from the community and the lack of understanding about cryptocurrencies from the Ph govt, it's really not worth my time. I'd rather launch a cryptocurrency with some innovative features (you had a point there) and I do have a couple of good ideas I'll eventually execute.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:48:54 AM

It died a day before launch.

tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:14:09 AM

that's a relief.  hope more coinartists fail pre launch.
forever21

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:29:03 AM

told yah this will not work  Smiley
naplam (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 10:32:30 AM

re-quoting so it's visible
Shurugwi, in the aspects you've mentioned it's no different than other altcoins or Bitcoin itself. Placing the premine in escrow makes no sense, it has to be distributed according to our plan anyway (see how placing a premine in Moolah's hands worked out for Syscoin by the way...). And I've demonstrated I'm trustworthy with Spaincoin before and I wouldn't be taking any of the premine for myself.

Anyway, it doesn't matter any more because I'm cancelling the launch of this currency. With the lackluster support from the community and the lack of understanding about cryptocurrencies from the Ph govt, it's really not worth my time. I'd rather launch a cryptocurrency with some innovative features (you had a point there) and I do have a couple of good ideas I'll eventually execute.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: