Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:51:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minera access from internet  (Read 2763 times)
Tmerlo (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:24:09 PM

I have minera up but would like to be able to access from internet. Forwarding port 80 on my router didn't work so I'm guessing there is more to it then that. So if anyone can help that would be great!

Also, I don't know much about Linux, still learning, but I can copy and paste like a pro.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:35:02 PM

I have minera up but would like to be able to access from internet. Forwarding port 80 on my router didn't work so I'm guessing there is more to it then that. So if anyone can help that would be great!

Also, I don't know much about Linux, still learning, but I can copy and paste like a pro.  Wink

Minera supports MobileMiner which lets you monitor and manage all of your rigs from a browser (at web.mobileminerapp.com) and smart phone apps.

While the Minera author can speak to the security more specifically, I am honestly not sure it's a great idea to open your mining controllers directly to the internet.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Tmerlo (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:48:06 PM

Also, I don't know much about Linux, still learning, but I can copy and paste like a pro.  Wink

Minera supports MobileMiner which lets you monitor and manage all of your rigs from a browser (at web.mobileminerapp.com) and smart phone apps.

While the Minera author can speak to the security more specifically, I am honestly not sure it's a great idea to open your mining controllers directly to the internet.

I tried that but it doesn't really allow you to do much except see the status of the miner. I would like to be able to change, add and remove pools as well as view the logs.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:57:03 PM

I tried that but it doesn't really allow you to do much except see the status of the miner. I would like to be able to change, add and remove pools as well as view the logs.

You can start, stop, restart miners, change pools, view stats, history, charts etc. Features are listed here. I'll have to check to see how much of that Minera supports. You cannot, at this time, remotely add or remove pools.

Edit: I just double-checked the Minera source and it sends pools up to MobileMiner and supports the remote commands I mentioned before. Feel free to hit up either the Minera thread or MobileMiner thread if there's something not working there.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Tmerlo (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:19:38 PM

Also, I don't know much about Linux, still learning, but I can copy and paste like a pro.  Wink

You can start, stop, restart miners, change pools, view stats, history, charts etc. Features are listed here. I'll have to check to see how much of that Minera supports. You cannot, at this time, remotely add or remove pools.

Edit: I just double-checked the Minera source and it sends pools up to MobileMiner and supports the remote commands I mentioned before. Feel free to hit up either the Minera thread or MobileMiner thread if there's something not working there.

I'll look around but the only things I could find on my iPhone are "Start", "Stop" and "Restart". Other than that it just gives me the status that it's mining and at what speed, which is way off. No way I'm getting 613Mhs on a 30Mh miner. I wish though.

Edit: OH!! You have to PAY a monthly fee for that stuff. $5/month or $10/month. That's a bit expensive. Maybe $10 a year but not per month. So back to my less expensive (free) method of opening up to the internet.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 06:31:41 PM

You can start, stop, restart miners, change pools, view stats, history, charts etc. Features are listed here. I'll have to check to see how much of that Minera supports. You cannot, at this time, remotely add or remove pools.

I'll look around but the only things I could find on my iPhone are "Start", "Stop" and "Restart". Other than that it just gives me the status that it's mining and at what speed, which is way off. No way I'm getting 613Mhs on a 30Mh miner. I wish though.

Edit: OH!! You have to PAY a monthly fee for that stuff. $5/month or $10/month. That's a bit expensive. Maybe $10 a year but not per month. So back to my less expensive (free) method of opening up to the internet.

The fees are only if you want historical stored data (charts) and to share your data publicly and securely. There is no fee for the other features.

On the iPhone, when viewing the details of a machine, press where it says Coins (with the > indicator) to see a list of Coins / Pools. You can switch them from there. You can also switch pools from the web UI at web.mobileminerapp.com.

You are free to open your controller up to the Internet but, again, it's not a great idea unless you have it secured.

Tmerlo (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:38:49 PM

The fees are only if you want historical data (charts) and to share your data publicly and securely. There is no fee for the other features.

On the iPhone, when viewing the details of a machine, press where it says Coins with the > indicator to see a list of Coins / Pools. You can switch them from there. You can also switch pools from the web UI at web.mobileminerapp.com.

You are free to open your controller up to the Internet but, again, it's not a great idea unless you have it secured.

Maybe at one point but not anymore. I went to the web site and it only has Start, Stop, Restart and Delete there as well. I can't click on coins or the pool.

I think I need to access "Miner Dashboard" which is only included in the subscription plans.
Tmerlo (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:05:22 AM

No one knows how to do this? Or did it just get lost in the posts?
Axiste

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:00:56 AM

Works fine using port forward for me. I use an alternate outside port since :80 is used for something else so essentially i have:

ExternalIP:8080 <forward to> 192.168.0.252:80 in my router.

Allows me access to it the same as If i was local to it. Obviously make sure your password is super secure and keep Minera up to date.

If my advice has helped you out, feel free to throw some Satoshi's my way!
BTC: 1Nq7hrRDamdnNiTBaFxEn5DuZYS9kD3tbJ
Running a Full Node Smiley
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 10:58:28 AM

Works fine using port forward for me. I use an alternate outside port since :80 is used for something else so essentially i have:

ExternalIP:8080 <forward to> 192.168.0.252:80 in my router.

Allows me access to it the same as If i was local to it. Obviously make sure your password is super secure and keep Minera up to date.

If you have image file install you should forward also HTTPS port, so you should forward also 443 port.

Of course, CHANGE THE DEFAULT PASSWORDS, or you'll get hacked in few minutes...

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
FrancisEDumas

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:56:11 PM

Nice post...things getting better now...as i learn a lot here...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: