Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:54:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Info on FPGAs  (Read 934 times)
Butense (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 07:24:50 PM

Hello,
I would like to incorporate FPGAs/ASICS into future computers I build as the bitcoin world has a market that I could use once I can get my computer building business off the ground.What FPGAs/ASICs are most straightforward to the end user as I wish to sell pre made rigs to miners as well while selling non mining pcs for the general public (those who wish to just use the web as well as those who play games)

I will have to get a loan at some point so I could order the parts should my customers (who don't have access to the internet now) decide that they wish to get into mining or just to buy a premade computer from me.

I hear that the devices made by butteryfly labs are good.What can you tell me about them? I cant post anywhere yet due to my status on here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 07:41:32 PM

They just modified this and added some info on FPGAs
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
Butense (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 08:43:32 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2012, 11:24:42 PM by Butense

They just modified this and added some info on FPGAs
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
Looks like the bitforce units are the best to buy for my customers.Highest performance for good balance of power use and cost per unit.Time to secure funding for the pre ordering for a few customers of my business.I plan to start selling to people who tend to be offline most of the time (not internet savvy) as I want to try out something where I get as many customers as possible to mine off their down payments for the computers they purchase.Plan goes something like this
customer buys a computer with the bitforce unit and can't pay full price now.They pay a 30% deposit then pay later.
Customer then plugs their 'loan purchased computer' at their home
The mining program is set to auto start on their computer which will then 'mine off' the payment price bit by bit so that I can get money while the customer has little pressure.A contract for the customer will be signed meaning they have to run their computer for 400 hours a month and not to tamper with the bitforce miner and mining app until the 'debt' is paid off.

This is an very experimental payment option in addition to those who want to pay normally (USD,EUR etc)

I could use a few people to invest in my idea if they find it interesting so I can get this off the ground for my new company.Sent bitcoins to my address in sig if you wish.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 05:18:05 AM

This would be a better service if you used GPUs, because they are actually used by the computer for things other than mining...

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Butense (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:27:40 AM

This would be a better service if you used GPUs, because they are actually used by the computer for things other than mining...

Of course GPUs have to be there.Every computer needs to display what it's doing like web surfing/encoding media files/gaming etc.
Lorguir

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 05:22:03 PM

Just stumbled across this thread and so far the information on FPGAs looks interesting.I do wonder if my colleagues at the office who are into 'mining' bitcoins could benefit from this as the utility bill seems to have gone up a lot recently in the office I manage.It's not banned to mine since I'm still getting to grips with the bitcoin concept myself so it wouldn't be fair to ban those who wish to mine bitcoins just because the concept is new to me.

We could have teams where different offices in the workplace (my workplace) would mine and the team who mines most would win a prize as well as being the most efficient.
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 03:48:09 AM

That sounds like a cool place to work Cheesy

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 07:13:50 AM

Hell yeah it does lol

If I was an IT Manager again (GOD I miss those days) I would do something like that hahahaha

To OP ...

MINE man!  It is SO fun!  We need more miners to keep BTC alive!

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 08:34:22 PM

We need more miners to keep BTC alive!

No we don't Tongue

It does help though

oldDirty

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

roundhouseminer

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:39:29 PM

for difficulty?  Undecided

CrunchingCulture

/// FREE ASSANGE \\\
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: