Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:59:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this still a Bitcoin forum?  (Read 1434 times)
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:06:04 AM

What the fuck happened?

Top 10 Boards
Announcements (Altcoins)  2036286
Alternate cryptocurrencies  748419

Speculation  504447
Beginners & Help  484680
Bitcoin Discussion  445118
Hardware  337126
Off-topic  269687
Securities  193178
Gambling  180145
Mining (Altcoins)  151616

Top 10 Topics (by Replies)
Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  189531
[ANN][DRK] Darkcoin | First Anonymous Coin | Inventor of X11, DGW and Darksend | Instant TX  67964
NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  53351
Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  39074
[ANN] BlackCoin (BC) | PoS | No premine | No IPO  30783
[XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  29981

ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  23912
Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker  23807
[ANN][DOGE] Dogecoin - very currency many coin - v1.8 Required Update  22936
[ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  21732

Top 10 Topics (by Views)
Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  5381776
OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.7.0  3072999
[9000 TH] Slush's Pool (mining.bitcoin.cz); TX FEES + VarDiff  2535868
GUI mining - updated Dec 3 with 7970 bugfix, also supports Stratum!  2524065
ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  2008084
[ANN][DRK] Darkcoin | First Anonymous Coin | Inventor of X11, DGW and Darksend | Instant TX  1907267  
[ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  1667572
[NST] Nest | PoS | - Official Thread Connect to the world  1519745
Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  1478120
[ANN][DOGE] Dogecoin - very currency many coin - v1.8 Required Update  1435318

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 06:05:14 AM

You can say this is more of a crypto forum instead of just bitcoin..
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:34:32 AM

I think that this is the best answer.
Many people have many different interests so, in my opinion, every forum should have many different topics in order to satisfy everyone.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 11:35:12 AM

It's a good thing and it's called free speech, stupid fascist.
CyberSuzy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

It shows, that there should be more place given to different altcoins. 
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:05:32 PM

I don't know what you're talking about, OP. Huh

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:20:23 PM

I don't really care if they have a pony raping subforum. I was just shocked that altcoins are more popular than Bitcoin on a Bitcoin forum.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:34:23 PM

I don't really care if they have a pony raping subforum. I was just shocked that altcoins are more popular than Bitcoin on a Bitcoin forum.

Yeah right! We all know you are trying to control us, you fascist, you! Wink

That's right! Bend to my will bitches! lol

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:07:05 PM

Yep, I was also told that it's an all-crypto forum. Bitcoin is just "one ring to bring them all".
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:25:36 PM

All those coins wouldn't exist without Bitcoin anyway.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 08:26:59 PM

It's a good thing and it's called free speech, stupid fascist.

LOL. Free speech doesn't apply to internet forums which are typically owned by individuals.

In the same way I can kick you out of my home if I don't like what you say, the forum owner can kick you off the forum.

Yeah but if the owners of a forum decide they're okay with people posting pretty much whatever they want someone doesn't have the right to come along and tell them to change that equally. In all seriousness though it's no surprise to me that Altcoins are popular because they're trying all sorts, Bitcoin is still great and was released the first but it's looking pretty standard now compared to what all these other currencies are trying out.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:42:58 AM

Well let me put it this way, it's fine just talking about it, but when you start trying to actively do something about it then we'll have a problem, it's like religious people trying to force the government to stop gay marriages so if I catch you trying to PM Admins to go and start banning altcoin developers etc. because they post too much that's going too far.

I'm watching you -_-
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:47:36 PM

Well let me put it this way, it's fine just talking about it, but when you start trying to actively do something about it then we'll have a problem, it's like religious people trying to force the government to stop gay marriages so if I catch you trying to PM Admins to go and start banning altcoin developers etc. because they post too much that's going too far.

I'm watching you -_-

I think your drinking and posting. At no point did anyone suggest taking action against altcoins. I think it's funny actually. When I first came here you would be taken to the Bitcoin town square, raped and beaten for even mentioning an Altcoin. Now it's the biggest thing on the forum.

I mentioned once when Litecoin just came out that I was mining them on the free CPUs of my Bitcoin miners. Oh my God, I thought I was going to be chased down and crucified for my heresy. Funny how time changes things around. Pretty soon this forum will be called cryptotalk and Bitcoin will have a little subsection at the bottom of the list.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 02:56:29 PM

That's true actually Tongue it must be because altcoins have got some pretty interesting projects going on now.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:21:06 PM

That's true actually Tongue it must be because altcoins have got some pretty interesting projects going on now.

Even the things that are built on Bitcoin are technically Altcoin offshoots. Bitcoin 2 tech such as Counterparty and Mastercoin are in the Altcoin section. I don't think core Bitcoin users know what to think about the new "improvements" to Bitcoin. If they embrace anything other than core Bitcoin somehow they feel like they're cheating on their lover. Or it could be as simple as they are sitting on a boatload of btc and they want the price to skyrocket before they sell. Of course, they'll never admit that because that's cheating too. I had a big argument with a old timer VIP once that was preaching about Bitcoin should never be sold because its going to be worth $10,000 each someday. All I could think to tell him was, "if you really believed that why did you give 50 of them away to this forum Mr. VIP big shot - do you regularly give your favorite forums $500,000"? I've always believed if the core Bitcoin devs sit with their thumbs up their asses long enough someone will come along and develop something that the people like more. That may be happening now.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 03:50:09 PM

I think it is happening and and lets be honest, guys like Amir Taaki must have left the Bitcoin foundation for a reason and now they're off developing their own stuff which looks much more interesting than Bitcoin in it's current state. Adding to that you have the fact that there are lots of lobbying interests and governments all trying to lean on Bitcoin in general I'd actually say that Bitcoin is looking less appealing these days.

It'll be very interesting if we ever see an altcoin reach 1BTC on the exchanges or at least get close.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:10:17 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 04:23:47 PM by QuestionAuthority

I think it is happening and and lets be honest, guys like Amir Taaki must have left the Bitcoin foundation for a reason and now they're off developing their own stuff which looks much more interesting than Bitcoin in it's current state. Adding to that you have the fact that there are lots of lobbying interests and governments all trying to lean on Bitcoin in general I'd actually say that Bitcoin is looking less appealing these days.

It'll be very interesting if we ever see an altcoin reach 1BTC on the exchanges or at least get close.

I think litecoin has been nipping at the heels of Bitcoin for a long time. XCP is rising faster than anything I've observed yet. The big shocker in the alts for me is Dogecoin. It's a stupid gimmick coin and it has a market cap of $23.5 million!

Bitcoin has the infrastructure and name recognition. Bitcoin introduced the world to cryptocurrency. Now that the worlds cryptocherry has been popped, will the world marry Bitcoin and live happily ever after or will Bitcoin get jilted for another coin with a bigger pe.............

Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:15:14 PM

Yea it is still a bitcoin forum, and bitcoin led to the creation of altcoins. If the altcoin section were taken off, I believe this forum would lose a lot of users/eventually die.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:18:15 PM

Even the things that are built on Bitcoin are technically Altcoin offshoots. Bitcoin 2 tech such as Counterparty and Mastercoin are in the Altcoin section. I don't think core Bitcoin users know what to think about the new "improvements" to Bitcoin. If they embrace anything other than core Bitcoin somehow they feel like they're cheating on their lover. Or it could be as simple as they are sitting on a boatload of btc and they want the price to skyrocket before they sell. Of course, they'll never admit that because that's cheating too. I had a big argument with a old timer VIP once that was preaching about Bitcoin should never be sold because its going to be worth $10,000 each someday. All I could think to tell him was, "if you really believed that why did you give 50 of them away to this forum Mr. VIP big shot - do you regularly give your favorite forums $500,000"? I've always believed if the core Bitcoin devs sit with their thumbs up their asses long enough someone will come along and develop something that the people like more. That may be happening now.

I don't really care about altcoins (I do hold litecoin private keys). I'm a K.I.S.S. kind of guy. I think it's better to focus on doing one thing really well before trying to add all kinds of fancy bells and whistles. I think a decentralized ledgers best use case is primarily as money.

You see, that's the problem with innovators and mover/shakers, they don't know when to stop innovating and just be mechanics. Coders are mostly innovators. They can't be satisfied with just maintaining/perfecting someone else's design.

Bitcoins best use is simply being money that you can effectively shove in the receiver of a phone and have it spit out 10,000 miles away instantly. That's something that you just can't do with any other kind of money. Bitcoin does that well. The problem is that's not good enough for coders/innovators. They are hell bent on making Bitcoin replace pocket change, stocks, bonds, credit cards, debit cards and those little handi wipes that keep your butt good and clean. Businesses are taking over Bitcoin. They will temper innovation and make Bitcoin work perfectly for what it is first and foremost. Except that kook Patrick Byrne, he seems to be looking for handi wipes. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: