Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:21:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasonic 1250W wont Jump Start  (Read 2528 times)
dudee (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:35:05 AM

it just wont start my S2 asic with Paper clip. 6x pcie connected to asic.
when I hit the power, the fans and my PSU spin for a half a second and shuts off.

when psu connected to PC motherboard/gpu miner, all works.

http://www.seasonic.ru/tech-support/jump-start/

any help?

I have successfully 3 psu s working with paper clip gpu mining.

sry bad english.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 12:27:58 PM

1) Some of the larger PSUs have in built 'surge' protection which triggers on miners. Miners exhibit 0-100% loading in very strange patterns which isn't expected in normal usage, and so is flagged as devious. Both my larger PSUs suffer from this and can only be used with 'some' hardware.

2) In the S2 however I would be more expectant that its just temporarily stunned. My unit kept doing that, and the only way to fix it is to unplug everything and get it started. Once its behaving again, then replugin the miner.

3) You may also have a dead card which is preventing the unit from turning on, try 2) and add a few cards in at a time to find the dead card if 2) alone doesn't work.

cereal7802

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:56:54 PM

when I hit the power, the fans and my PSU spin for a half a second and shuts off.

any help?

sry bad english.

Make sure you plugged all of your PCI-E power plugs the right way around. on one of my S3s i somehow managed to put 1 plug backwards and the psu would power up and down like you described as the psu would detect the terminals being reversed. simply unplugging the cable and putting it the right way round fixed it.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:38:47 AM

Try putting something on the 5v line like a fan or an old floppy disk drive.

I've got a Thermaltake PSU that will keep shutting down unless I do this and it's a well know issue when running without a motherboard! Roll Eyes

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:10:47 AM

Try putting something on the 5v line like a fan or an old floppy disk drive.

I've got a Thermaltake PSU that will keep shutting down unless I do this and it's a well know issue when running without a motherboard! Roll Eyes

I have a Seasonic 1250 running a Monarch with a fan attached to the 5V connector. But it worked fine before with only the 12v connectors attached and no fan.

But I'm also using this... http://www.robotshop.com/en/cytron-atx-power-supply-breakout-board-right-angle.html

Although I don't think that would make a difference. It's just a fancy-schmancy paperclip, lol.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 02:05:15 AM

confirm that the paperclip you're using doesn't have a thin plastic coating covering the metal - this happened to me when using my friend's paperclips use scissors or knife to cut it away from the edges.

edit: I now see you said power comes on for a half second - that usually means your psu is underpowered for the application - confirm that you aren't overloading a 12v rail if its using multiple 12v rails - just choose a separate pcie cable not the one that branches away.

Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:28:36 AM

I had the "stun" issue dogie mentioned a few times and strangely turning off the PSU with a switch didn't help. I had to unplug it completely and start again. Looks like some of them have built in breakers that get stuck in an off position as long as they detect current.

The paper clip is probably ok, because he said the PSU turns on and then off after a few seconds, so you should look for the problem in the miner, or the PSU is just "too sensitive".

junglecat

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:56:51 AM

I had the "stun" issue dogie mentioned a few times and strangely turning off the PSU with a switch didn't help. I had to unplug it completely and start again. Looks like some of them have built in breakers that get stuck in an off position as long as they detect current.

The paper clip is probably ok, because he said the PSU turns on and then off after a few seconds, so you should look for the problem in the miner, or the PSU is just "too sensitive".
Additionally you have to let the electricity drain from the PSU's capacitors for several minutes until they are completely empty. The PSU should then reset when plugged in again. If the issue persists there may be a short that is being detected by the PSU and it's cutting power in order to save hardware.
dudee (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:35:42 PM

today i buyed exactly same used PSU, tested paper clip and its working  Roll Eyes But the first psu does not work.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:36:50 PM

any help?

sry bad english.

I had the same problem with a brand new Seasonic 1250. Sent it back in for a replacement and all is well.
hpitcher

Activity: 119

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:19:41 PM

I also had the same issue and rma'ed it and got another one. Seasonic has I think a 7 year warranty, I also shipped it on Monday and had my replacement in hand on that Friday.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: