Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:37:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Give bitcoiners 2.0 functionality  (Read 2254 times)
abstream (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:14:01 PM

Hello guys,

I am developing an android wallet, that will give the bitcoin users access to bitcoin 2.0 technologies.
For example, you will be able to trade on decentralized asset exchange and sell goods on the digital goods market again, everything decentralized.
You would also be able to send encrypted messages.

The extra functionality is delivered by a bitcoin 2.0 technology, so you would have to buy relevant coins within the app.

What do you guys think of that, would it work for you?

regards.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:18:02 PM

Hello guys,

I am developing an android wallet, that will give the bitcoin users access to bitcoin 2.0 technologies.
For example, you will be able to trade on decentralized asset exchange and sell goods on the digital goods market again, everything decentralized.

The extra functionality is delivered by a bitcoin 2.0 technology, so you would have to buy relevant coins within the app.

regards.
I think Mastercoin is way ahead of you.  But thanks for trying.  Go help those guys finish their good work on Bitcoin 2.0.  It should be coming fairly soon.

If you like the technology, maybe buy a few shares while they are insanely cheap.  In three years, this stuff is going to be worth millions. https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=msc
abstream (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:25:05 PM

Hello guys,

regards.
I think Mastercoin is way ahead of you.  But thanks for trying.  Go help those guys finish their good work on Bitcoin 2.0.  It should be coming fairly soon.

If you like the technology, maybe buy a few shares while they are insanely cheap.  In three years, this stuff is going to be worth millions. https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=msc

This is not about mastercoin or any other coin. This is about mobile app where bitcoiners can conveniently use the bitcoin 2.0 technology. The underlying technology is not that important but if you ask - it is Nxt. In any case, you shall not be interested of it, the main thing is trading on the asset exchange and sell/buy on the goods market. As far as I am aware there is no mobile app giving this features?
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:49:17 PM

I don't think “Bitcoin 2.0” means what you think it means.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
abstream (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:52:00 PM

extra features and technology on the blockchain?
R2D221

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:14:34 PM

Yeah, that's NOT Bitcoin 2.0. That's just technology built on top of Bitcoin, but not Bitcoin itself.

Bitcoin is currently at version 0.9.3 (Bitcoin Core, the reference client).

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:16:25 PM

seems more people mis-understanding bitcoin and the future of bitcoin.

the altcoins and other tech which have (purely for advertising hype purposes) adopted the term bitcoin 2.0 have nothing at all to do with bitcoin. some of them are not even bitcoin technologies but purely SQL databases stored on a single web server. Some are as mentioned, altcoins with a totally different blockchain that has no transaction linkage or history of the true bitcoin.

as for a web app, requiring trust of the owner of the server to continue running the service for 130 years...... ummmm i dont think that too has anything to do with bitcoin technology

bitcoin is suppose to be............. wait for it............ BITCOIN, meaning decentralised and peer to peer. so unless your peer-to-peer without a single sql database used, where by all transactions are viewable on the true bitcoin blockchain... then the idea has nothing to do with bitcoin

afterall you dont call visa or mastercard:
doller 2.0
fiat 2.0

its simply a service on the side of fiat that HELPS at most, but is not itself fiat

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
EnFinlay

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 10:34:26 PM

A "bitcoin 2.0" decentralized asset exchange only makes sense if you somehow put the assets on the blockchain.  I think.
TKeenan

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:38:12 PM

Exactly.  Funny when the OP doesn't understand the topic.  We need smarter people in bitcoin or it will never get developed.
abstream (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:59:16 PM

Yeah, that's NOT Bitcoin 2.0. That's just technology built on top of Bitcoin, but not Bitcoin itself.

Hello,

I am pretty sure you would not like this but the crypto community consider "bitcoin 2.0"  to be technology that is a descendant of bitcoin , something that will replace it or co-live with it. It does not relate literally to bitcoin blockchain it is usually in a different blockchain. And yes I am pretty aware of the current version of Bitcoin and that it has nothing to do with bitcoin 2.0 term ( it is a term not related to versioning )

regards.
TKeenan

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:01:17 PM

Hello,

I am pretty sure you would not like this but the crypto community consider "bitcoin 2.0"  to be technology that is a descendant of bitcoin , something that will replace it or co-live with it. It does not relate literally to bitcoin blockchain it is usually in a different blockchain. And yes I am pretty aware of the current version of Bitcoin and that it has nothing to do with bitcoin 2.0 term ( it is a term not related to versioning )

regards.

I think R2D221 was right the first time - and even more right now.  Go read about how Mastercoin from JR Willett works INSIDE the bitcoin blockchain to bring new functionality.  

Basically, you don't know what you are talking about.  NXT is low grade garbage that doesn't cooperate with bitcoin in any way.  NXT is not bitcoin 2.0; it is Junk 1.1

EnFinlay

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 11:04:30 PM

Hello,

I am pretty sure you would not like this but the crypto community consider "bitcoin 2.0"  to be technology that is a descendant of bitcoin , something that will replace it or co-live with it. It does not relate literally to bitcoin blockchain it is usually in a different blockchain. And yes I am pretty aware of the current version of Bitcoin and that it has nothing to do with bitcoin 2.0 term ( it is a term not related to versioning )

regards.
I like you, you have spunk.  You walk into a community, use the wrong terminology and then tell the community that THEY are wrong.

Takes balls.
abstream (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:07:57 PM

seems more people mis-understanding bitcoin and the future of bitcoin.

the altcoins and other tech which have (purely for advertising hype purposes) adopted the term bitcoin 2.0 have nothing at all to do with bitcoin. some of them are not even bitcoin technologies but purely SQL databases stored on a single web server. Some are as mentioned, altcoins with a totally different blockchain that has no transaction linkage or history of the true bitcoin.

as for a web app, requiring trust of the owner of the server to continue running the service for 130 years...... ummmm i dont think that too has anything to do with bitcoin technology

bitcoin is suppose to be............. wait for it............ BITCOIN, meaning decentralised and peer to peer. so unless your peer-to-peer without a single sql database used, where by all transactions are viewable on the true bitcoin blockchain... then the idea has nothing to do with bitcoin

afterall you dont call visa or mastercard:
doller 2.0
fiat 2.0

its simply a service on the side of fiat that HELPS at most, but is not itself fiat

I am not sure where you going with this so I will comment inline:

seems more people mis-understanding bitcoin and the future of bitcoin.  ==> I am not discussion bitcoin and the future of bitcoin , I am proposing an easy way(mobile app) of trading on asset exchange and digital goods market that are fully decentralized and everything happens on the blockchain. It is not the bitcoin blockchain it is the NXT blockchain yet, all the crypto principals apply. Bitcoin is fully financial for now and I am proposing extra features that happens outside of bitcoin but can be easily accessed by bitcoiners.

the altcoins and other tech which have (purely for advertising hype purposes) adopted the term bitcoin 2.0 have nothing at all to do with bitcoin. some of them are not even bitcoin technologies but purely SQL databases stored on a single web server. Some are as mentioned, altcoins with a totally different blockchain that has no transaction linkage or history of the true bitcoin.   ===> some altcoins do that, yet I am talking about a platform where everything happens on the blockchain, I am developing on this platform and I can confirm it is peer to peer crypto currency, open source , everyone can check it out. The functionality is important here. Please, do not be ignorant.

as for a web app, requiring trust of the owner of the server to continue running the service for 130 years......  ===>  not a web app but a mobile app and I am not re-inventing the weel, It is just an interface for the underlying technology called NxT and it will accept bitcoin as far as you can buy nxt in order to pay the nxt network the fees, you would also get back to bitcoins at any time.

BITCOIN, meaning decentralised and peer to peer. so unless your peer-to-peer without a single sql database used, where by all transactions are viewable on the true bitcoin blockchain... then the idea has nothing to do with bitcoin - you got that right, I am talking about peer to peer technology with already working asset exchange and digital goods market  working entirely into the blockchain, it is not the bitcoin blockchain but I will give bitcoin's pretty nice android app to work with.

Thanks.
TKeenan

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:17:42 PM

regards.
I like you, you have spunk.  You walk into a community, use the wrong terminology and then tell the community that THEY are wrong.

Takes balls.
Too true. 
abstream (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:21:24 PM

regards.

Takes balls.
Too true. 

Keep the terminology aside please, we can argue on that for years - please focus on the main thing:

extra features on alternative blockchain easily accessible to bitcoiners.
EnFinlay

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 11:31:13 PM

regards.

Takes balls.
Too true. 

Keep the terminology aside please, we can argue on that for years - please focus on the main thing:

No.  We are communicating through text.  Terminology is all we have to ensure clear communication.  We cannot infer what you mean if you use the wrong words.

It's like saying "I want to give this motorcycle 4WD" when you mean "I want to give this motorcycle off-road abilities".  One is confusing, one makes sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're on an alternative blockchain, you are separate from bitcoin and bitcoiners (seriously, I'm new to some of this, is this true?).
abstream (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:36:59 PM

regards.

Takes balls.
Too true. 

No.  We are communicating through text.  Terminology is all we have to ensure clear communication.  We cannot infer what you mean if you use the wrong words.

It's like saying "I want to give this motorcycle 4WD" when you mean "I want to give this motorcycle off-road abilities".  One is confusing, one makes sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're on an alternative blockchain, you are separate from bitcoin and bitcoiners (seriously, I'm new to some of this, is this true?).

I am sorry if my words are confusing, I just wanted to get a feedback on the functionality proposed and it is all of the benefit of anyone using bitcoins.
Yes, you are right , I am on alternative blockchain, therefore separated from bitcoin and I would like to create a "bridge"  so bitcoiner can benefit of it.

Speaking of alternative blockchain, Ethereum will have it's own blockchain, separate from Bitcoin ,yet it is considered a Bitcoin 2.0 technology...what I am trying to say is that this is really new and people do have different point of views...
futurist

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:42:26 PM

I believe when abstream refers to bitcoin 2.0, he means decentralized exchange. I have tried Counterparty, Mastercoin, Viacoin, and NXT. I would recommend everybody to actually use each of these. I have found that the NXT Asset Exchange is by far superior.
R2D221

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:43:10 PM

I am sorry if my words are confusing, I just wanted to get a feedback on the functionality proposed and it is all of the benefit of anyone using bitcoins.
Yes, you are right , I am on alternative blockchain, therefore separated from bitcoin and I would like to create a "bridge"  so bitcoiner can benefit of it.

Well, as far as I know, these alternative blockchain technologies are not that useful to the Bitcoin community (I just want to spend my bitcoins, you know).

Speaking of alternative blockchain, Ethereum will have it's own blockchain, separate from Bitcoin ,yet it is considered a Bitcoin 2.0 technology...what I am trying to say is that this is really new and people do have different point of views...

Still, no. Ethereum is Ethereum. It's not Bitcoin 2.0 in any sense.

TKeenan

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:53:35 PM

I believe when abstream refers to bitcoin 2.0, he means decentralized exchange.
I think he means 4WD when he says bitcoin 2.0.  He doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about so why bother trying to parse that shit.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: