Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:12:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] the Internet of Coins  (Read 24752 times)
Laume

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:49:56 PM

So, basically, everyone can use this to do what best suits their needs? No dependance on what the other users are doing, and not limited by what the developers' preferences are?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neoranga

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:43:08 PM

Very interesting project, well done for the whitepaper Smiley

I've read the whitepaper and I have a few questions:

In page 3 I was very puzzled about how the multisig configuration would work and I imagined something similar to what I found later in section 10. Maybe it's a good suggestion to add a reference to section 10 for the explanation

In the combination of multisig, how many keys are required to unlock the value sent? All the keys of the swarm plus Alice or Bob? Or is this an M-of-N configuration to prevent missing nodes?
Are all the required keys in one swarm/group sent to another swarm/group as backup before being sent to the users?

I understand one user creates an address to send and the other user constructs the private key to access the funds on that address
Which keys (public/private from who Alice/Bob) are signing on each part of the transaction? The steps in the graph confused me a little bit although I like the actual graph, kudos for it.

In page 5:
There is a mention to an image that is missing in that page. I imagine this refers to the image that appears at the top of page 4, is this correct?

Who creates the hybrid asset and why should I care about a specific asset or trust the issuer compared to another one? Is there any reputation system?
Who and how we set the exchange price of the hybrid asset among chains?
This is the part that I can't completely click in my head: if, for example, I create asset X in Counterparty for the value of 1 BTC and the same asset in NXT for the value of 1 BTC and tomorrow the price of NXT duplicates, then the value of my hybrid asset X in NXT is twice more valuable than my asset X in Counterparty. How do I sell/buy these assets to other people interested in buying the appreciated NXT?

Legal disclosure
I'm not responsible for any mental harm caused to any human or animal produced while reading any of my possibly stupid questions.
0x01

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:47:36 PM

Very interesting project, well done for the whitepaper Smiley

I've read the whitepaper and I have a few questions:

In page 3 I was very puzzled about how the multisig configuration would work and I imagined something similar to what I found later in section 10. Maybe it's a good suggestion to add a reference to section 10 for the explanation

In the combination of multisig, how many keys are required to unlock the value sent? All the keys of the swarm plus Alice or Bob? Or is this an M-of-N configuration to prevent missing nodes?
Are all the required keys in one swarm/group sent to another swarm/group as backup before being sent to the users?

I understand one user creates an address to send and the other user constructs the private key to access the funds on that address
Which keys (public/private from who Alice/Bob) are signing on each part of the transaction? The steps in the graph confused me a little bit although I like the actual graph, kudos for it.

In page 5:
There is a mention to an image that is missing in that page. I imagine this refers to the image that appears at the top of page 4, is this correct?

Who creates the hybrid asset and why should I care about a specific asset or trust the issuer compared to another one? Is there any reputation system?
This is the part that I can't completely click in my head: if, for example, I create asset X in Counterparty for the value of 1 BTC and the same asset in NXT for the value of 1 BTC and tomorrow the price of NXT duplicates, then the value of my hybrid asset X in NXT is twice more valuable than my asset X in Counterparty. How do I sell/buy these assets to other people interested in buying the appreciated NXT?

Legal disclosure
I'm not responsible for any mental harm caused to any human or animal produced while reading any of my possibly stupid questions.

Thanks! Mental harm? Au contraire, thank you for this useful input. The multisig protocol is worked out pretty well in an appendix/protocol paper that we are planning to publish somewhere the coming days.

I need to sleep now Smiley but we will try to answers your other questions tomorrow!

Dotrego

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:28:12 AM

To answer this in the meantime:

So, basically, everyone can use this to do what best suits their needs? No dependance on what the other users are doing, and not limited by what the developers' preferences are?
Yes. The only dependency is: there need to be other users available, otherwise no trades can be made of course.

We do not have any preferences and try to remain agnostic when it comes to valuesystems. Some offer innovation, some don't. Who are we to decide which ones you can use or not? We want to build tools for people to exchange value. By providing the system open source and expandable via modules, devs can hook up any exchange or coin they like.

agent725 (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

currently working on the Internet of Coins

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 11:20:25 AM

Good idea. We'll put it on our whitepaper todo.

In principle all keys are required. We are still looking into the possibility of using threshold encryption methods, like M-of-N, but it may be possible to do without.

Either swarms will need to be duplicated to make sure there is fail-over for nodes that drop out, or we must recreate keys from the data that a certain amount of nodes of the swarm holds.

The current graphic for a transaction only shows the process in one direction. In reality both Alice and Bob are sending value to two wallets that are controlled by the swarm. These are swapped out, and handed to the opposite user as soon as the swarm has verified both their transactions.

In page 5:
You are right. Smiley Something to be corrected.

Who creates the hybrid asset and why should I care about a specific asset or trust the issuer compared to another one?
In the end, we want any user to be able to issue a hybrid asset. This creates diversity and many options for groups and users. For example, someone may create a hybrid asset comprised of all the alt-coins with animal names, and call it 'Animal Farm'. Wink This user may employ bots to increase the liquidity of that hybrid asset, draw in market participants, and make it a very attractive hybrid to use when one wants to quickly convert value between Dogecoin, Piggycoin, Kittycoin and Flappycoin (R.I.P.?).

Is there any reputation system?
We are still deciding on whether or how to build a reputation system. The problem with reputation systems is that a Sybil attack can quickly render them useless. Perusing block-chain track records to build a kind of reputation representation may also work, but we have not decided on this.

Hybrid assets have a one-on-one relationship between value systems. When value in a hybrid asset is not synchronized it makes for an arbitrage opportunity. Multiple hybrid assets may have similar relationships between currencies, and thus other hybrids will be used to gain value from their arbitrage, pulling the value of the hybrid asset back into sync. (If a hybrid is a unique asset combination or has very little liquidity, the imbalance could remain. In that case, traders may choose to monetize on it using arbitrage via a federated gateway, or even centralized exchanges. In this case, however, traders are taking a risk, hoping to gain reward from their arbitrage.)

Legal disclosure
That's a fine lot of good questions, if you ask me. Smiley

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
             ▄▄          ▀██▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌
           ▄████▌       ▐█                ███▀
          ▄██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▌       ▄██▄       ██
  ▄▄▄  ▄██▀ ▀██▀       ██▀▀▀▀██▌█████▌      ▐██
 ██████▀▀             ▐▀      ▄▄██████       ██
▐██████           ▄█████▄▄▄███▀ ▀███▀        ▐██
 █████▀           ███████▐█▀                ██████
   ▀▀▄█▄          ███████                  ▐███████
      ██▀▄███▄     ▀███▀██▄      ▄▄▄▄      ▐██████▌
       ▀███████          ████▄ ▄██████▄ ▄███▀████▀
        ███████▌███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▐███████████▀
        ███████ ███████████████████████▌▀
         ▀███▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀███▐████████
                                ▀████▀

agent725 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 04:06:34 PM

Ha! Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/v/n_D3-e2DW9E

From the bitcoin embassy... with love...  Grin

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
                                ▀████▀

Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:57:17 AM

Ha! Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/v/n_D3-e2DW9E

From the bitcoin embassy... with love...  Grin

thanks for that

it had a circa 1990s look, when he said 6th birthday I said: "what? is this a recent vid, or is he just wrong?"  then I saw the date of upload ... oh

agent725 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:01:31 AM

It was recorded with low lighting conditions, and indeed looks like the 90's, heh. Smiley The party was a lot of fun, and a lot of dutch cryptocurrency enthusiasts were there. If you are in Amsterdam, you should visit the place (Hofje van Wijs), it is a great place to have a drink and eat good food.

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
                                ▀████▀

gramen

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:24:31 PM

read the whole friggin paper. this is majorly cool shit  Cool and I want to see it happen!!

how is development going at the moment?

☆☆☆ I ♥ all altcoins! ☆☆☆
agent725 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 08:18:18 PM

Cointelegraph published news about the release: http://cointelegraph.com/news/113287/internet-of-coins-releases-white-paper-for-infrastructure-that-supports-inter-blockchain-transactions

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
                                ▀████▀

Ralphs

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:28:15 PM

Cool project, looking forward to reading how it develops
Dotrego

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 08:30:42 PM

Thanks George! Yahoo apparently also picked up on the release Smiley

I don't have any pics here, but a tiny bird whispered in my ear that Amm0 is shaping what appears to be a front-end and Agent725 has been crunching Node.js the past few days. We'll post here when there is more to show!

Armis

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:21:41 AM

Thanks George! Yahoo apparently also picked up on the release Smiley

I don't have any pics here, but a tiny bird whispered in my ear that Amm0 is shaping what appears to be a front-end and Agent725 has been crunching Node.js the past few days. We'll post here when there is more to show!

yep, good work
UberNifty

Activity: 168

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 07:13:07 AM

Brilliant premise, added to watchlist

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
Dotrego

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 04:37:50 PM

Thanks Nifty Smiley

In the upcoming week we'll be visiting the Amsterdam Bitcoinference to explain & illustrate the whitepaper and talk to other devs.

UberNifty

Activity: 168

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 08:34:59 PM

That'd be awesome if you could upload your conference presentation to YouTube.

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
Armis

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 09:50:05 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 01:21:39 PM by Armis

agent725, I'm working vigorously on PICISI, a crowdfunding site that accepts fiat and crypto, it will launch in under a month, there will be many paid sponsorship opportunities when the site launches however prior to launch I have created 20 free sponsorship opportunities.  If you are interested in one of the remaining 12 11 spaces contact me before they are all gone.

At PICISI here are our primary sponsorship opportunities:

1)  Host CC Sponsor -  One of the best ways to get your coin into the hands of someone is to simply give it to them, however the best way to get your coin used by the general public is to get your coin into their hands and have them use it in a real life application.  When an organizer starts a campaign at PICISI s/he has a choice of what CC currency type to select, the first choice is “sponsor currency” this is the organizer indicating a willingness to have his campaign sponsored at the host CC level.  Once the sponsor is finally selected that currency will be the currency that all other CCs donated to that campaign will be converted to for the duration of that particular campaign.  

This is major because everyone that visits that campaign will see your currency, but the will not only see but will likely use the funds to do business with one of the contractors at the site during the campaign.   If they don't use it during the campaign, over that month of close interaction with your currency they are very likely to want to learn more about your coin so that by the end of the campaign they will make the deliberate decision to download a wallet, open an exchange account, or simply convert out of the currency.   Regardless of what they actually choose to do your CC has certainly been branded into their mind in a very positive way.

2)  Campaign Sponsor - this is the most common type of sponsorship outside of PICISI;  the sponsor’s logo is affixed to the body of campaign text in an area set aside for campaign sponsors.  The higher your donation the higher your logo is located in the sponsorship logo area.

3)  Donor Perk Sponsor -  a sponsor provided perk escrowed by PICISI on behalf of a specific campaign where it will be used.   If the perk is not requested by any qualified donor it will be converted to host CC and donated to the campaign

4)  Advertising Perk Sponsor -  a sponsor provided perk escrowed by PICISI on behalf of a specific campaign to be used as a perk or returned to the sponsor.  If the perk is not requested by any qualified campaign donor the perk is sent back to the sponsor -- the perk is NOT donated to the campaign.

and

5)  Campaign Video Sponsor -  the first 5 second of the campaign organizer's video is allocated for the Campaign Video Sponsor, this is where the sponsor will indicate: “This video is brought to you by … [say sponsor's name, show sponsor's logo, and say sponsor's catchphrase]”

Things get more interesting for 'purpose coins'.  A purpose coin is a CC created for a specific purpose or niche, eg: EMC2, Metal, HYPER, GMC,  RPC, Gridcoin, EDU, FLDC,  etc ...  for these coins they may want to direct their sponsorship more broadly to whole categories as well as specific campaigns.  EMC2, Gridcoin, and FLDC will likely want affiliation with science research category; HYPER and GMC will want affiliation with gaming and game development categories, Metal will want affiliation with music category, EDU will want affiliation with Education category; SLR will want affiliation with the Renewable Energy category.   So that when someone is searching via the categories specific sponsorship logos will be part of the picture.

PICISI is currently sponsored by:

There are 12 11 free CC sponsorship positions remaining.  Let me know as soon as possible if you want inclusion.
Dotrego

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 01:50:59 AM

Thought it was time for a little update. Pitching the project at a startup competition next week Smiley

jcrubino

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:19:24 PM

Thought it was time for a little update. Pitching the project at a startup competition next week Smiley

Great Project

I recently posted in regards to something like this.  Much better fitting word abstractions for how a project like this exists in the blockchain ecosystem.

ddepker

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:20:17 AM

Any update?
What is the latest on this project?  When will we see a software/web client?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: