Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offering Programming/Scripting  (Read 1666 times)
Glumanda (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:37:00 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 11:59:56 PM by Glumanda

Hello Guys, im a bit new to Bitcoins.

And these Days its hard to get some BTC without giving Cash or Mining.

So i want to offer my Programming and Scripting Skills to you for Bitcoins.

For Tools i'll use: VisualBasic.NET

For Websites i'll use: HTML,PHP,JavaScript,CSS

Also i can fix Security Issues on Webpages.
Issues like: SQL-Injection, XSS, CSRF, LFI, RFI and generally bugs.

Just write me a PM or write a Post in this Thread Smiley

If something is unclear, just ask and i will do my best to explain more detailed.

Support in: English and German

Bye Wink

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:53:46 PM

Hello Guys, im a bit new to Bitcoins.

And these Days its hard to get some BTC without giving Cash or Mining.

So i want to offer my Programming and Scripting Skills to you for Bitcoins.

For Tools i'll use: VisualBasic.NET

For Websites i'll use: HTML,PHP,JavaScript,CSS

Just write me a PM or write a Post in this Thread Smiley

If something is unclear, just ask and i will do my best to explain more detailed.

Support in: English and German

Bye Wink

Do you have a portfolio that we can all see?
Glumanda (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:58:30 PM

Usually i dont have probs with english, but what exactly do you mean with portofolio?

References?
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:05:11 AM

Usually i dont have probs with english, but what exactly do you mean with portofolio?

References?

Examples of past work Smiley
Glumanda (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:22:00 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 05:03:22 AM by Glumanda

Examples of past work Smiley

To be honest, i dont have work to present.

But i mean you just can set your order, i will work on it and show you my work Smiley
Glumanda (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

Little Push? Tongue
Glumanda (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:39:49 PM

Now one here, who need this service?  Huh
minzie

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 01:38:53 AM

I suspect that until you can prove that you can actually write code, nobody is going to be interested in your services. It is going to be very difficult for you to find work without proof.

Professional Freelance Web Apps Engineer ° Portfolio °  ModoBot Automated Trading Platform ° BitThingy ° My Github  ° Skype: cclites_1
Miitch

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:35:53 AM

It's good to see someone offering this! Usually people with this skill-set are out hacking away

▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇   COIN-SWEEPER
▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇    Avoid Bombs Win BIG
▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇   1% House Edge   ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇
Glumanda (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:01:00 PM

I suspect that until you can prove that you can actually write code, nobody is going to be interested in your services. It is going to be very difficult for you to find work without proof.

i cant show some work of the past...

where the problem -> when u need this service -> order me and say what you wan-> i code it and show it to you... is it good u pay, if not u dont pay ^^
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:45:44 PM

i cant show some work of the past...

where the problem -> when u need this service -> order me and say what you wan-> i code it and show it to you... is it good u pay, if not u dont pay ^^

PM sent with a request.

TonyT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:49:50 PM

Some clients who hire developers don't want their work product being shown to others; I would think this is the rule actually for most clients.  At best you can just use their name and say "I worked on building this project ABC at client XYZ".  That's why Google etc wants a face-to-face interview or at least over Skype so they can ask you their infamous programmer's questions on the spot.  But the OP is making an interesting proposal: if you don't like my work, don't pay me.  Haven't seen that before.

TonyT
minzie

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 07:06:31 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2014, 05:24:29 PM by minzie

That may be, but it doesn't change my suspicions. It is pretty easy to create a sample little script to do something/anything and share it on Github or Bitbucket.

I would think this is the rule actually for most clients.  At best you can just use their name and say "I worked on building this project ABC at client XYZ".  That's why Google etc wants a face-to-face interview or at least over Skype so they can ask you their infamous programmer's questions on the spot.

One can always find reasons to fail. A portfolio with for-hire projects demonstrates a range of experience. A portfolio with personal projects should show range and depth of skill set. Honestly, I have never, ever been asked stupid trick questions in a consultation/interview. The first question is almost always "Tell me about yourself", followed by "We have looked at your portfolio, and let's talk about it". I don't associate with a lot of other freelancers though, so my experience may be completely unique.

Based on my experience, I would recommend to Glumanda to put together some sample code to share on Github. It doesn't have to be a big or complex code. My portfolio contains a stupid little log-in form where I was playing around with shadows and text. The level of effort to put together a small portfolio far outweighs the effort required to get people to pay attention to what you have to offer when you have nothing to show.

Min

Professional Freelance Web Apps Engineer ° Portfolio °  ModoBot Automated Trading Platform ° BitThingy ° My Github  ° Skype: cclites_1
Glumanda (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:42:49 PM

Push it again  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: