Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:01:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for merchants like you to start selling on & automated trusted website!  (Read 1225 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 01:33:13 PM

Cheaper In Bitcoins is looking for more merchants to sign up and apply to add a variety of products/services to provide to our customers. Please contact me so i can set you up with a merchant account and verify your address before the grand opening(giving out prizes June 1st-30th just for being a customer or merchant member)

Thanks mates!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 04:05:16 PM

Can digital goods be sold on your site?

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:34:42 PM

As long as you own the rights to sell it yes. That means no torrenting ebooks or software then selling them. I will have a terms of services that will have a list of related items and services that are not allowed but for now just use a general rule of thumb as "You are not allowed to sell anything considerably illegal in your country or your senders country to your awareness."
ccliu

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:06:56 AM

I sell silver rounds and bars, and I can do custom orders
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 11:15:19 AM

As long as you own the rights to sell it yes. That means no torrenting ebooks or software then selling them. I will have a terms of services that will have a list of related items and services that are not allowed but for now just use a general rule of thumb as "You are not allowed to sell anything considerably illegal in your country or your senders country to your awareness."

Ah excellent.I can do whatever I like as long as it's legal to sell from my country (UK).Mostly stuff like stock photos/sounds/video and other assets that are related to one of my films in a way (as a way to raise funds for future projects).I should start expanding what I can sell.

drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:12:18 AM

Cheaper In Bitcoins is looking for more merchants to sign up and apply to add a variety of products/services to provide to our customers. Please contact me so i can set you up with a merchant account and verify your address before the grand opening(giving out prizes June 1st-30th just for being a customer or merchant member)

Thanks mates!

I am not a merchant per se, but I do have some old magazines that I would like to trade for BTC.

(I posted about it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83352.0 )

If this sounds acceptable to you, color me interested.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:29:07 AM

You seem to be selling T-mobile refills at a greater than 80% off. Might want to look into that.
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:38:09 AM

You seem to be selling T-mobile refills at a greater than 80% off. Might want to look into that.

Thanks.  Those were my listings.  They have been "removed".  The price is in BTC however the site is using $ for BTC prices.  I doubt someone else is selling 1 oz Silver Coin for $7.80.   In the upper right the sites shows "$1 = 5.12324000 USD".

IMHO CIB shouldn't have been launched in this state.   Great idea but it just isn't ready yet.  Image uploading is broken, editing product listing causes the price to switch from dollars to BTC (at one point I had $20 wireless card going for 19.5 BTC).  Prices in BTC have the $ symbol.  Product deletion is broken.

I will be back when CIB irons out the kinks but the site isn't release ready.  It hurts the brand and the portal to be accessible like this.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:21:02 AM

Thanks.  Those were my listings.  They have been "removed".  The price is in BTC however the site is using $ for BTC prices.  I doubt someone else is selling 1 oz Silver Coin for $7.80.   In the upper right the sites shows "$1 = 5.12324000 USD".

IMHO CIB shouldn't have been launched in this state.   Great idea but it just isn't ready yet.  Image uploading is broken, editing product listing causes the price to switch from dollars to BTC (at one point I had $20 wireless card going for 19.5 BTC).  Prices in BTC have the $ symbol.  Product deletion is broken.

I will be back when CIB irons out the kinks but the site isn't release ready.  It hurts the brand and the portal to be accessible like this.
Could you please explain to me the issues you are having during photo upload?

Also I will have this BTC/USD switching problem fixed right away, I have been able to reproduce this error.

As a side note everything is functional and been tested its just not intuitively practical just yet -- Don't be afraid to report bugs, Thanks for your patience.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:49:40 AM

Photo uploads should be fixed now -- It was just a simple permissions problem thats actually a good thing.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 06:00:56 AM

Fixed issue where when you went back to edit a product that the BTC/USD type cost would always reset to BTC type unless manually set by the merchant before pressing Update/save.

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:23:01 PM

To not much of my surprise not very many merchants are very giddy about the idea of giving up their address information. So instead of allowing merchants to sell anonymously under the Cheaper In Bitcoins name, I will now undergo some slight changes to the code that will bring out the sellers of each products identity and cancel my policy on physical address verification. I'll post back here when the updates are ready.
teste

Activity: 312

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:33:46 PM

Hi,

I think the cheaperinbitcoins site/design very interesting, but I would like this more like bitmit.net site, where anyone could sell products (new or used) and let buyers/sellers rank each other.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 06:18:04 PM

Hi,

I think the cheaperinbitcoins site/design very interesting, but I would like this more like bitmit.net site, where anyone could sell products (new or used) and let buyers/sellers rank each other.
Yeh i think im going to started steering towards that direction. Thanks for your input, stay tuned
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: