Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:29:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What mobile platform do you use while trading?  (Voting closed: October 26, 2014, 11:20:16 AM)
Yes - 0 (0%)
Android - 15 (53.6%)
iOS - 3 (10.7%)
Windows - 4 (14.3%)
None - 6 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin traders, what kind of smartphone do you use?  (Read 1686 times)
BombaUcigasa (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:20:16 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 12:51:07 PM by BombaUcigasa

What's your current device and how do you use it while trading?

Bribe inside: The first person to discover what is my favorite platform, gets to collect the coins from this private key: 6PfTopTWeEGm8MqNAmzVsBjqo4eFCisGyAVco3fhMJSj73WFNTiT6Veiz4 Claimed...

Thank you for your answers!
mnl92

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:42:27 PM

None, I do not have a smart phone. I've been thinking about getting one, but I want one with all the most expensive features at a dirt cheap price. I doubt anyone's produced anything like that yet.
BombaUcigasa (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:52:21 PM

None, I do not have a smart phone. I've been thinking about getting one, but I want one with all the most expensive features at a dirt cheap price. I doubt anyone's produced anything like that yet.
Oh, you mean something like http://www.tinydeal.com/cubot-s168-50-ips-qhd-android-44-mtk6582-quad-core-3g-phone-p-137660.html ?
Or maybe something fancier like http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Global-Unlocked-Black/dp/B00GWR36F6/ ?
sgi02

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:39:25 PM

iOS user here. Regardless, im sure the specs of the phone help to a certain extent, but if you're actively trading on it the speed of the data connection is the most important. I imagine that any Android phone would be the most versatile due to the variety of software and openness of the platform.
BombaUcigasa (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:01:41 PM

Thank you for the votes so far. Nobody wants to collect my bribe, it's still there. I recommend Mycellium Wink
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 05:07:51 PM

Android all day. You're probably a blackberry fanboy

zuggu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:47:18 PM

Your favorite platform Windows.  Smiley

Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:49:36 PM

Bribe Response: Your favorite platform is Android.

mnl92

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:08:55 PM

Oh, you mean something like http://www.tinydeal.com/cubot-s168-50-ips-qhd-android-44-mtk6582-quad-core-3g-phone-p-137660.html ?
Or maybe something fancier like http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Global-Unlocked-Black/dp/B00GWR36F6/ ?

Yes, but for $10, not $159.99.
BombaUcigasa (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:24:01 PM

Coins still there, what have times become, I can't even bribe people anymore... #sad-day #too-old #yobo

Everyone has a price. Technically, prices for the same tech will halve every 18 months. That $160 phone will be 10$ in 6 years.

The problem however is that since the USD is inflationary, even if they make a $10 valued phone in 6 years, that value will be represented by $20 instead.

So you need to wait 8 years. And then everyone will already have iBrain implants and nobody will care about pocket phones...
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:45:30 PM

Bribe Response: Nokia Symbian
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:50:11 PM

I'd love to collect the coins haha, let me try a wack at it.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Come-In-Behind

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:50:54 PM

Coins still there, what have times become, I can't even bribe people anymore... #sad-day #too-old #yobo

Everyone has a price. Technically, prices for the same tech will halve every 18 months. That $160 phone will be 10$ in 6 years.

The problem however is that since the USD is inflationary, even if they make a $10 valued phone in 6 years, that value will be represented by $20 instead.

So you need to wait 8 years. And then everyone will already have iBrain implants and nobody will care about pocket phones...

That's an odd response from you, "Coins still there, what have times become, I can't even bribe people anymore... #sad-day #too-old #yobo"

I(lately) just realize that OP has presented us with his private key instead of public key, which is extremely odd :
What's your current device and how do you use it while trading?

Bribe inside: The first person to discover what is my favorite platform, gets to collect the coins from this private key: 6PfTopTWeEGm8MqNAmzVsBjqo4eFCisGyAVco3fhMJSj73WFNTiT6Veiz4

Thank you for your answers!

I advise NO ONE to import this private key to their bitcoin wallet if you have bitcoins in it(a empty one is fine). OP's private key is likely insecure and will STEAL your bitcoins.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key.

mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:51:57 PM

I was going to dl a new wallet and try, no way he could steal my BTC...

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
BombaUcigasa (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:53:43 PM

I advise NO ONE to import this private key to their bitcoin wallet. OP's private key is likely insecure and will STEAL your bitcoins.

We appear to have some conflicting opinions. Let's hope they both determine which one is correct and gain this knowledge for future purposes.

If you know the answer, then you know that the best application on that platform has "cold storage spending", where it signs transactions with a memory-only key which is wiped after the signing and is never saved or added to your wallet.

Here is public key, where the coins are relaxing for over 11 hours: https://blockchain.info/address/1NbGBsTDfbUbFPxjqNgTixjuDk5kHdrbbs
Come-In-Behind

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:56:28 PM

I advise NO ONE to import this private key to their bitcoin wallet. OP's private key is likely insecure and will STEAL your bitcoins.

We appear to have some conflicting opinions. Let's hope they both determine which one is correct and gain this knowledge for future purposes.

I edited my post, They could import, just don't do it to a wallet with bitcoins in them, as it's extremely odd they you present a challenge to find out your favorite mobile platform, yet present us with a private key instead of a public key....

And according to here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key, "In contrast, bitcoind provides a facility to import a private key without creating a sweep transaction. This is considered very dangerous, and not intended to be used even by power users or experts except in very specific cases. Bitcoins can be easily stolen at any time, from a wallet which has imported an untrusted or otherwise insecure private key - this can include private keys generated offline and never seen by someone else."
BombaUcigasa (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:58:06 PM

And according to here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key, "In contrast, bitcoind provides a facility to import a private key without creating a sweep transaction. This is considered very dangerous, and not intended to be used even by power users or experts except in very specific cases. Bitcoins can be easily stolen at any time, from a wallet which has imported an untrusted or otherwise insecure private key - this can include private keys generated offline and never seen by someone else."
Your security issue is valid. If you keep this private key that is known to several people (hundreds at the moment) and you accidentally send money to it or use it to receive (which is unusual in regular usage) then you can have your "shared" coins used by someone else.
Come-In-Behind

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:58:16 PM

If you know the answer, then you know that the best application on that platform has "cold storage spending", where it signs transactions with a memory-only key which is wiped after the signing and is never saved or added to your wallet.

Here is public key, where the coins are relaxing for over 11 hours: https://blockchain.info/address/1NbGBsTDfbUbFPxjqNgTixjuDk5kHdrbbs

Ok thank you. Why didn't you just put the public key in the OP in the first place, putting the private key there when this was supposed to be a competition raised some alarms.
BombaUcigasa (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:00:25 PM

Ok thank you. Why didn't you just put the public key in the OP in the first place, putting the private key there when this was supposed to be a competition raised some alarms.
Public key can be derived from private key, which can be easily obtained by solving a simple puzzle (you only need one of them) Wink

Don't forget to vote before collecting the bribe!
JeffDeChesare

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:03:34 PM

I'm not heavily into alt trading but usually i check bittrex or any other exchange on my android tablet.
Plus i have my twitter alt account linked to it too. I think you must have an android there too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: