Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:13:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN TECH ANTMINER IS A SCAM BAG. BEWARE!!!!!!!!  (Read 7235 times)
logicuser (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:37:09 PM

BITMAIN TECH ANTMINER IS A SCAM BAG. BEWARE

Hi Guys.

As you know we look for bitcoin miner to make some money but not to loose.
Well my experience would be an example for that.

I am writing this post because I want to share my bad experience happened with Bitmain Antminer company.

I was very curious to buy Antminer S3 from https://bitmaintech.com/ website but afraid to pay them by via bank transfer or bitcoins since there are lot of scams.

Anyways I bought the item from ebay.com by paying $679 from the seller "bitmain-antminer".
I've successfully got my antminer in hand and I had to pay custom duty charges around $200 (of course I did and do comply with such charges).
But the item  (antminer s3) had some fault which didn't work properly, I asked the seller to refund or to replace it but he just refused.
After arquing so much from the seller, finally he agreed to refund the amount if I send the miner back to his address which is located in CA.
The seller refused to pay return hipping charges which is $200+.
Please take some rough calculation here, If I ship the item and got the refund $679 successfully, then what would be my refund?
Paid $200 Custom Duty Charges + $200 for shipping the item = $400 - $679 = $279.
That means I will lost $400 for getting nothing.
If by chance the manufacturer replace a new item then again I will have to pay $200 as custom duty charges.
Spending $1,200 for just 440GHs is not cool.
Today the Antminer s3 miner worth on ebay is just $300 to $400.

EARLIER:
The seller from ebay asked me to contact the manufacturer for warranty. So I contacted the manfucaturer and explained the problems. They were suggesting me to do some checkup on the miner, I tried and did my best but never worked.
At finally manufacturer agreed to take back the control board for repair/fix. They sent me shipping label. It took almost 10 days to get back that controll board to get in my had but still the control board wasn't fixed, again I paid some custom duty charges for receiving that control board.
Everytime I send the mail about the issue, these manufaturing staff always sends me the same instructions to do which I've already done for 3 to 4 times.
Staff: ting.shao@bitmaintech.com

SUGGESTIONS:
I suggest everyone to use Credit Card if you buy through ebay, because you can Chargeback if even ebay/paypal is on seller side.
Some sellers just send something instead the described item and start arguing as if they have sent the right item.

THESE ARE MY POINTS:
Point 1:
It took almost 1 month to get appropriate response from the seller and manufacturer.
I would have made $300 in such period if the miner was working good.

Point 2:
I will have to pay another $200 for custom duties if I buy another miner at some point.

Point 3:
There won't be any useful things going to happen with my PSU which I bought for $250 for S3 miner.

FRUSTRATIONS:
eBay will never help for this kind of situtaion which really sucks.
Manufacturer never gives response once you buy their item, perhaps they just ignore the buyer and take a qeue on new buyer.
Lost mining time and some pretty revenues.
Waste of money by just buying item from wrong seller and manufacturer.

Apparently I would like to take some legal action on this case through consumer rights department.
Could anyone tell me where whom should I lodge this case, I believe Chinese Jurisdiction for manufacturer will work.
I am sure to take action on Manufacturer, since they have written warranty and no solution given yet.

eBay Seller: Canada
Manufacturer: China

MY DEMANDS ARE:
Since I've already paid custom duty charges for faulty item, the Manufacturer should replace a new antminer with FD shipping.
Can take back their faulty item by giving me shipping label.

LEGAL ACTIONS:
Lodging a case on both Canada and Chinese jurisdiction on consumer department.
As a big hand, I will complain this to BBB, the real help source for consumers.
Complaining to Local PD for preventing such scams.
I am going to report this situation to every bitcoin media.

PLEASE HELP ME IF I CAN STILL DO ANYTHING TO FIX IT.
im0rtel

Activity: 351
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:02:43 PM

technicaly its not bitmain who scammed you its the ebay intermediary .

here is my sugestion : since you have lost 1200 usd on this whole afair let it be. you are standing to lose alot more with a lawyer and such.

learn your lesson and buy from a well known store only or directly from china . avoid intremediaries and ebay .  

its imposible not to have a serious asic store in canada with trusty people.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:20:28 PM

u just got scammed by a ebay scammer .. ROFL ... u didnt wanted to use their official webpage and went to ebay ?
good logic / sarcasm
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:05:28 PM

Sad story. But two minutes of reading on this forum and you would have known who were legitimate sellers of Bitmain products. The lesson here is to put in a little effort and do some research before buying mining gear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: