Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:51:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Savings & Prize Fund. 4% interest with 20% monthly raffle!  (Read 1427 times)
OneMINER (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 04:21:37 PM

TL;DR: 4% interest savings with a chance to win 20% of the total pot! 5 BTC raffle tickets  Shocked Shocked

Announcing Bitcoin Savings and Prize Fund.
The Bitcoin Savings and Prize Fund (BSP) is a unique way to make your bitcoins work for you. It's a savings account which increases your wealth instead of letting dormant coins ­gather dust, but with a twist! A small portion of the interest goes into a raffle which is paid out to a lucky winner chosen randomly. Unlike a regular raffle, you can't loose! Even if you are not our winner for one month, you'll still be paid your interest for storing your coins with us. Regular raffles end up taking coins from everybody but the winner, this one gives everybody a chance for simply being part of BSP.

Details
Super special introductory rate! 4% interest paid monthly on all accounts. Additionally 20% from the entire fund is used as the prize for the raffle. Every 5 bitcoins (BTC) counts as a ticket to the raffle. To count as a raffle ticket the coins must have sat undisturbed for the entire month, no exceptions.  Interest is calculated from the time the coins are deposited until the end of the month. For example, if the month has 30 days and coins are deposited on the 20th, you'll get 1/3 the possible interest but no chance at the raffle. 5 BTC deposited before the first of the month will be paid full interest and count as a chance to win the raffle.
The funds will be used to invest in bitcoin related projects and make short term loans to trusted members of the community. 5 BTC is the minimum deposit. Withdrawals of funds will be processed monthly.

Payments and Prize Awarding
As soon as the month is over, the first block (on the first of the month) to be created will be used to hash the raffle tickets and determine the winner. GMT will be used as a standardized time to keep confusion at a minimum. On that same day (first day of the next month) interest will be calculated and added to the accounts. If your account gains enough interest to acquire another raffle ticket (example: going from 24.9 BTC to 25 BTC, from 4 to 5 tickets) and the funds are not withdrawn, it will count towards the current months raffle drawing. Not the raffle from the last month that was just awarded. That same day the raffle winner will be contacted. The username of the winner will not be announced for privacy concerns.
How is the winner selected? For each ticket a user has, it will be assigned an ID that is comprised of the username and an incrementing number. For instance, if you have 3 tickets, your tickets will be ID'd as such: username1, username2, username3. Once the first block of a given month has been found, the ID of each of the tickets will be run through the SHA256 hash algorithm with the ID of the newest block found. The ticket that comes out with the lowest value when the hash is expressed as an integer is the winner for the month.
This is the algorithm that will be used: base_convert(SHA256(SHA256(NewBlockHeader) . SHA256(UserName1),16,10)

Security
All BTC held by the fund are in offline heavily encrypted wallets. Physical backups are stored offsite. Security and confidentiality of individuals accounts are our highest priority. Customers can request security measures and they will be used if possible. For example at the minimum a PM in the forums could be enough verification for a transaction. For others they may choose to require communication on IRC or through multiple email accounts, ensuring that one compromised account isn't enough for an attacker to spoof a customer. All transactions are human reviewed.

Terms and Conditions
Frequent withdrawals are strongly discouraged and are grounds for termination and immediate payout of the account. Rates are subject to change. All customers will be notified as soon as possible if rates or any other aspect of the fund will change. Information on individuals accounts, investments, and all other aspects of the fund will not be divulged in order to protect security and confidentiality. All data from previous customers/accounts will be destroyed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 04:22:06 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2012, 04:38:20 PM by OneMINER

There's pretty much an identical thread in the Securities section. Here's the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82372.msg907660#msg907660

Because a big part of the draw for this plan is the large prize I felt it belonged here too.

I've registered an IRC channel in case anybody has any questions or would like to chat about the fund. You can find it at #bs&p on freenode or by clicking on this link: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=bs%26p
OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 04:23:16 PM

Reserved.
OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 05:03:45 PM

The month is nearly over. Any person who gives it a shot stands a very good chance of being the raffle winner. I'd love to pay it out at the end of the month to prove I'm legit.

Also I forgot to add that I intend to donate a portion of the profits to bitcoin development. This will take the form of a bounty or payments to productive developers.
OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 09:40:00 PM

Only 2 hours to go until the raffle closes for it's first month. Any 5 BTC deposit counts as a ticket. Contact me ASAP to ensure you get in on time.
OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 12:05:01 AM

The raffle for June is now closed. Thank you all for your interest. From this point any deposits will count towards the July raffle.
OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 12:27:05 AM

Congrats to our first winner. Taking a prize of ~3 BTC.
OneMINER (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:25:29 PM

I'm sad to say that I will not be accepting deposits for the time being. This thread is now locked, if you'd like to contact me regarding your account or anything else please PM me.

Though it didn't last long it was fun. A big thank you to everyone who played.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: