Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:54:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just advertised my electrical services for payment in bitcoin.  (Read 974 times)
rjclarke2000 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:11:42 PM

As the title says.

I am a qualified electrician and have had my own business for a number of years. I am a sole trader so don't have to worry about employees.

I am not expecting any calls to be honest as my work is hands on and not online so it needs to be fairly local unfortunately.

All I can do is test the water and see what happens!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:13:13 PM

would be nice to know what area atleast. or even country

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
rjclarke2000 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:01:14 PM

Bournemouth, England.

(The initial post wasn't the advertisement by the way!!)
Window2Wall

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:00:03 PM

It would probably be a lot better for the OP if he advertised locally instead of on a forum that reaches people throughout the world.

I don't think that many people will be willing to purchase the services of an electrician from someone on bitcointalk.org anyway. I think it would be much more effective for you to advertise via traditional means and to put the fact that you accept bitcoin in your advertisement
iluvcrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:19:00 PM

There is a famous app in the UK (I forgot the name), that lets you search for handymen (electrician, carpenters, pumpers etc.) in UK.Maybe you should try that app and post BTC as your payment method.

mnporter2001

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:37:51 PM

Well good luck to you, its nice to see people trying to use BTC in everyday life, although I'm a lot closer to you than 99% of people on here (Bristol) its still to far to engage your services, but as I say good luck to you

Cheers
Mark

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████