Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:24:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is better than Apple Pay?  (Read 3710 times)
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:25:56 PM

If Apple payments work the way they've shown... and processing fees can be reduced

dream on...

money is faster...
schutzhund

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:30:37 PM

Even if you know a little bit about bitcoins you shouldn't have compared to it.
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:20:04 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 06:08:38 PM by BitMos

btc is costlier to use than a CC. I can have 0 interest rate on my balance by paying it, shops take the CC fees, and I am insured. BTC on the contrary? quite expensive... fees, network energy intake, money supply growth, risks etc... but innovation comes at a price and there is alt:). And if you want to be fair, everyone can get a second hand Igadgets almost for free nowadays... who care of a 5s Cheesy.

edit: WTF you have to pay with a fix biometrical data using apple pay... once your biodata is hacked, will see how secure is the thumb... no way - the mark? -

money is faster...
ondratra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:05:44 PM

ApplePay will be worshipped as regular Apple product/service. It will be very usefull for it's users, but it's more like upgrade to current banking system, while Bitcoin is (r)evolution.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 12:56:14 AM

Really not comparable.

novacn

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:34:03 AM

Marc Andreessen (the header of Andreessen Horowitz)think BTC  is better than Apple Pay. How do you think about it?
Not comparable. Apple Pay is improvement, while BTC is revolution.

jumbo john

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:01:38 AM

Marc Andreessen (the header of Andreessen Horowitz)think BTC  is better than Apple Pay. How do you think about it?

Maybe for some, but not for us. Specially not for me.
LeMiner

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:32:43 AM

A Bitcoin debit card with NFC chip will do the same as apple pay but even quicker.

I've had a NFC chip in my card for over a year now and have been wirelessly paying up to 50 euros without having to sign or introduce any pin code. Much quicker, just tab the terminal with your card and it's paid. Once again Apple pretends like they invented something that has been around for a very long time.
lilin321

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:04:21 PM

maybe, Apple  pay can use  bitcoin  for payments。so they dont be contradiction.which is better,the the user will give the answer.

MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:14:19 AM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/applepay-double-spends-users-money-bitcoin-user-not-affected/

ApplePay Double Spends Users’ Money: Bitcoin User Not Affected

Earlier this week, Apple’s new mobile NFC payment network, ApplePay, went live. From its first few days of life, huge issues are already popping up regarding ApplePay’s security. Multiple users are reporting that using ApplePay has resulted in duplicate charges to their bank statement. CNN Money’s Samuel Burke found out about the double spends after forgoing a card swipe and using ApplePay at several merchants:

I logged into my debit card account and found that I was charged twice for every purchase I made with ApplePay. A quick search on Twitter found other people with the same problem.

For security’s sake, Apple doesn’t keep any identifiable data for transactions, this means that this automatic error that has effected so many ApplePay users can’t be changed by Apple. Of course, Burke went to customer service at both Apple and Bank of America and was unsurprisingly directed from one to the other again and again. Burke was able to get the transactions reversed by his bank, Bank of America, only after an hour on the phone in a three-way call with both Apple and Bank of America. The money was charged twice by the merchant paid with ApplePay, meaning the issue is most certainly on Apple’s end. The issue seems to be isolated to users using ApplePay in conjunction with their Bank of America Debit Card, a very common occurrence. Burke heard from a source that Apple would be fixing this issue with their banking partner, and likely API, today on Wednesday. Apple declined to comment on the issue.
jennifer21

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:14:39 AM

If you do not have credit card or money in the bank, BTC is better than Apple Pay.
segvec

Activity: 196

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:39:07 AM

Of course it is better than Apple Pay.
There are many kinks to workout with Apple Pay as it is Apple; they don't test prior to release...

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
grumpyoldtroll

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:08:31 AM

If you do not have credit card or money in the bank, BTC is better than Apple Pay.

That is right. How can you get an iphone if you do not have the money in the first place.
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:17:36 AM

If this situation applies to you then you will likely not have money to buy bitcoin in the first place. Generally speaking people without money in the bank have very little money/assets in the first place, and the marginal benefits of bitcoin would be very little to these people

EDIT: as mentioned above, it is a good point that if you do not have money in the bank you will likely not have the means to buy an iPhone in the first place
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 08:45:33 AM

Simple, bitcoin is better. You know why? Because of the community it has created in this years. And because of this strong community bitcoin is not going fall to any threat.

mullerdan

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:44:01 PM

For me the btc is definitely better than apple pay.
TimonPeng

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:22:08 AM

BTC is a currency, Apple Pay is a transaction processing system.They're incomparable.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:22:16 PM

If this situation applies to you then you will likely not have money to buy bitcoin in the first place. Generally speaking people without money in the bank have very little money/assets in the first place, and the marginal benefits of bitcoin would be very little to these people

EDIT: as mentioned above, it is a good point that if you do not have money in the bank you will likely not have the means to buy an iPhone in the first place

But one of the best things about Bitcoins is that you can work for them online, or sell things for them online. There is a a more clean-cut way of getting Bitcoins than trying to buy them straight out. My first Bitcoins (besides the minuscule amount of Satoshi from faucets) were from a graphic design job on here.

I found Bitcoins to be a lot easier to get then fiat money. Of course I needed internet first to find people who will pay in Bitcoins. But internet is a lot cheaper than an iPhone/service plan.

If someone doesn't want to use a credit card for personal reasons, or doesn't have money in the bank, but can work for Bitcoins, or sell products for Bitcoins, they are much easier to use.

As far as comparing them, I agree that Bitcoins are a currency and Apple Pay is not and it is silly to compare them in that light.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:55:13 PM

BTC is a currency, Apple Pay is a transaction processing system.They're incomparable.

Bitcoin is a transaction processing system (with its own currency). If you disagree, then please tell me the purpose of the block chain.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
david wilson

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 09:44:13 PM

Apple’s decision to get involved in the payment processing industry will certainly have repercussions for Bitcoin.Apple is beating bitcoin in terms of the customer experience. Its ecosystem is exceedingly user friendly and customer focused.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: