Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:42:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Group Buy for Mining in Chennai  (Read 10864 times)
philiveyjr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:21:01 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 08:31:39 PM by philiveyjr

Hey Guys, I am fairly new to bitcoins, just joined the train in 2014. The difficulty in mining has gone up a lot in the past couple of years, and the ROI is not significant, primarily because of the electricity cost and the expenses to purchase the mining rigs. However, I have free electricity at my house, and was thinking of starting a group buy sort of thing, to collectively buy a mining rig and mine bitcoins. I am based in Chennai. So if any one from Bangalore-Chennai area might be interested in running a mining rig, or share the cost of mining rigs, I would be happy to help.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rony_90

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 04:28:32 PM

check ur pm

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
luciferfogg

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:05:58 AM

nice to see indians and i am in chennai too Cheesy
alpesh102

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:30:46 PM

Hey Guys, I am fairly new to bitcoins, just joined the train in 2014. The difficulty in mining has gone up a lot in the past couple of years, and the ROI is not significant, primarily because of the electricity cost and the expenses to purchase the mining rigs. However, I have free electricity at my house, and was thinking of starting a group buy sort of thing, to collectively buy a mining rig and mine bitcoins. I am based in Chennai. So if any one from Bangalore-Chennai area might be interested in running a mining rig, or share the cost of mining rigs, I would be happy to help.

hey bro. if u dont mind, would u like to tell me how can u get the free electricity?
videoeppo

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:15:51 AM

Hi I am in Chennai. I made a mining rig with Raspberry Pi and ASIC miners. I used BFGminer on Raspian Wheezy by following a Youtube Vid.
But after following all instructions I am geting a "Pool setup failed". Is there anything I am missing here?

the BFGminer promts me with URL:
whn i enter details , It asks me for User name and PW.
after that it says " Pool Setup failed.

Is it because of the Port3333, Should I enable it?

I am completely new to this. I just started it as a DIY weekend project and it has bothered me a bit more!!!!
skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:18:13 PM

Try this change in src/libblkmaker/base58.c around line 120

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
shahadil

Activity: 202

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:03:25 PM

Okay, so how many rigs can you support. is the electricity going to remain free forever. your house will have a connected load. what is it. you dont want to overload the circuit and burn down the house. do you have a spare room in your house. there will be a lot of noise, and heat as well.
Miner Sales

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:00:25 AM

Hey,

does anyone if there are any custom duties while importing miners to Pakistan and India?!
shahadil

Activity: 202

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:17:39 AM

Hey,

does anyone if there are any custom duties while importing miners to Pakistan and India?!

yes custom duty applies while importing to india.
baristor

Activity: 636
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:33:51 PM

I would be interested in this if people wanna join in and maybe start a mining warehouse in chennai Smiley
kdhilip75

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:10:23 PM

I am from chennai and i am also interested in minning i can also join in minning the coins, give me the details of how much the investment will be and what will be the roll , and how are we going to share the profit. Smiley
Ikka

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:49:11 PM

skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:11:19 AM

How do you have free elec?

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
VCoinTech

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:58:17 PM

How much is the connected load? I mean how much load of electricity is available with you? In HP or KV?
VRM

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 07:37:00 AM

Hey guys i am from coimbatore i like to start community based cloud mining farm.
May be we can help each other
zeepavaloye

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 12:07:01 PM

just share what is your plan ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: