Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [UK] - Internet Trolls could face two years in prison  (Read 2464 times)
beaknuke (OP)

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:56:42 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29678989

All over the news today, our Scotland Yard is going to take on the toughest challenge yet of trying to some of you under control  Grin

This all started as many people on twitter or facebook got attacked by those who got nothing better to do, someone getting charged with their behavours if they can be found.

So, be warned those who of us who like nothing to do but attack us, David Cameron's team is after you! Roll Eyes

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:41:00 AM

there is only crime if you get caught.

And only a dumb let himself be caught trolling on internet
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:05:14 AM

Not sure why the morons at BBC had me scroll half-way down before they got to the real issue about rape threats. Was it supposed to be ironic that they were trolling readers? Of course it shouldn't be legal to threaten to rape someone. The UK really doesn't already have laws on that which could be applied to online communications just like they'd be applied to in-person rape threats?

If your mom's texting you saying she'll kill you, maybe she should be locked up, too. Who the Hell does that anymore? I have a temper, but I don't ever threaten to kill my daughter. ... Well, I suggested we could cook her in with the day's soup since we didn't have thawed meat on-hand.... Cheesy
nidhish

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:42:22 AM

So internet trolls are bigger threat then corrupt politicians  ? wow !  Grin Shocked
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:44:06 AM

Not sure why the morons at BBC had me scroll half-way down before they got to the real issue about rape threats. Was it supposed to be ironic that they were trolling readers? Of course it shouldn't be legal to threaten to rape someone. The UK really doesn't already have laws on that which could be applied to online communications just like they'd be applied to in-person rape threats?

If your mom's texting you saying she'll kill you, maybe she should be locked up, too. Who the Hell does that anymore? I have a temper, but I don't ever threaten to kill my daughter. ... Well, I suggested we could cook her in with the day's soup since we didn't have thawed meat on-hand.... Cheesy

You've now been reported to the police for child abuse, have a nice day Smiley
Ghostface

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:40:54 PM

This obviously goes beyond trolling. Trolling and threatening to do harm to people are two different things. Sadly I think it's become almost the norm for people to be able to get away with doing things online because they're hiding behind a computer. People who make serious threats should be dealt with, but not trolls who just annoy people slightly.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:44:01 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 03:04:09 PM by bitsmichel

This obviously goes beyond trolling. Trolling and threatening to do harm to people are two different things. Sadly I think it's become almost the norm for people to be able to get away with doing things online because they're hiding behind a computer. People who make serious threats should be dealt with, but not trolls who just annoy people slightly.
Nothing is hidden and big brother is watching you. They get away with it because the authorities do not use this data or do not have the legal authorities to do so. You have to go past many obstacles to be anonymous and most trolls are most probably not.

Quote from: beatnuke
All over the news today, our Scotland Yard is going to take on the toughest challenge yet of trying to some of you under control  Grin
I didn't hear about this. Are you not trolling us?  Cheesy

feendog

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:45:30 PM

theres too much god damn trolling in the crypto world lol may not be death threats etc but its just pure childish and lame oh i know i couldnt get in on this one so ill attempt to spread a fat FUD attack, sad thing is it actually works alot of the time aswell.
beaknuke (OP)

Activity: 412

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:07:04 PM

yeah well lets see what happens, this is person who first got into trouble by tweeting to a politician

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11127808/Twitter-troll-jailed-for-campaign-of-hatred-against-Stella-Creasy.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: