Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:43:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction into my wallet has lost  (Read 742 times)
aleha (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 07:43:03 PM

Hello!
Could someone help me? I am a beginner.  4 days ago I got a wallet on Instawallet. org and this wallet had certain Bitcoin adress  for receiving money. I gave that adress to Financial Company, exchanging currency, to transfere some money in Bitcoins to this wallet. They transfered money 11 hours ago and I checked this transaction on  Bitcoin Charts and blockchain.info.  This transaction has been completed. But when I get into my wallet I find that "Balance -0 Bitcoins"  and I see that Bitcoin adress for receiving money has changed. Why is that? Can I do something about that?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:21:00 PM

The first question is... Have you downloaded the blockchain to your computer? When you first install and run the bitcoin client it will begin to download the blockchain. This will take a long time the first time you do it, maybe overnight. You can check by moving your mouse over the icon in the lower right corner of the client. It will tell you how many connections you have and how much of the chain has been loaded. Once the recent block containing your transaction is loaded, you will see confirmations appearing and your bitcoins will show up.
 If you can see them at blockchain.info at the correct address then your fine. It just has not been sent to your computer yet.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
JJJJust

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:36:49 AM

It sounds like you may have went back to "instawallet.org" (which generates a new wallet) and not the unique URL "instawallet.org/w/(something)" they gave you for your specific wallet.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:40:48 AM

Hello!
Could someone help me? I am a beginner.  4 days ago I got a wallet on Instawallet. org and this wallet had certain Bitcoin adress  for receiving money. I gave that adress to Financial Company, exchanging currency, to transfere some money in Bitcoins to this wallet. They transfered money 11 hours ago and I checked this transaction on  Bitcoin Charts and blockchain.info.  This transaction has been completed. But when I get into my wallet I find that "Balance -0 Bitcoins"  and I see that Bitcoin adress for receiving money has changed. Why is that? Can I do something about that?
Go to your browser history, find the original instawallet link you went to, and click on that.  I bet you didn't bookmark the original instawallet address?
aleha (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:17:31 AM

Thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: