Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:33:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Random thoughts on flash crashes  (Read 3432 times)
SanMerryDro

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:48:49 AM

Do not care these flash crash, hold your bitcoin in the storm comes, tomorrow the price would to the mars.
The more experienced flash crashes, the price will be more stable. This is one reason for long-term holding Bitcoin

wish you are right, but the key is how to avoid flash crashes
the price is going to fall $350. when does it flash jump?

At least you can say the price is stable now. Try to comfort yourself under any circumstances
opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:09:17 AM

The list can go on and on, including Morgan Stanley in 2004, Lehman Brothers in 2001. The question is, why flash crashes happen and how to avoid them?

This stuff seems interesting to me but I lack background, background that is not so easy to find.  Do you have good links for more basic questions: "What precisely is a flash crash?", "Why are they considered bad?", "Are they actually bad?".
The US government seems to believe that 'flash crashes' are 'bad' as after the dow dropped ~1,000 points in only a few minutes the SEC instituted new trading rules that were designed to prevent future flash crashes.

I am not entirely sure why many people consider them to be bad, as I would argue that they are simply the market allowing to "discover" the price of a security on it's own

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

Gine.Unnta

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:00:19 AM

The list can go on and on, including Morgan Stanley in 2004, Lehman Brothers in 2001. The question is, why flash crashes happen and how to avoid them?

This stuff seems interesting to me but I lack background, background that is not so easy to find.  Do you have good links for more basic questions: "What precisely is a flash crash?", "Why are they considered bad?", "Are they actually bad?".
The US government seems to believe that 'flash crashes' are 'bad' as after the dow dropped ~1,000 points in only a few minutes the SEC instituted new trading rules that were designed to prevent future flash crashes.

I am not entirely sure why many people consider them to be bad, as I would argue that they are simply the market allowing to "discover" the price of a security on it's own
Market pricing is illusory

Whether Marx or Adam Smith, the market needs to be forced managed by government in the back
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 08:32:12 AM

Flash Crash.... Interesting theory.... Is there any way to manipulate this crashes... In that case it would be pretty obvious.

Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:44:26 AM

Flash Crash.... Interesting theory.... Is there any way to manipulate this crashes... In that case it would be pretty obvious.

Crashes are the effect of manipulation (some times at least). I guess you mean to take some advantage of a crash by selling high and rebuying at a lower price which is how everyone in the speculation sub forum loses money  Grin Tongue
TwaiteTokyo

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:52:35 AM

Crashes are the effect of manipulation (some times at least). I guess you mean to take some advantage of a crash by selling high and rebuying at a lower price which is how everyone in the speculation sub forum loses money  Grin Tongue
Do you want to be a prophet?
CUNÉGONDE

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 07:23:50 AM

Do not care these flash crash, hold your bitcoin in the storm comes, tomorrow the price would to the mars.
The more experienced flash crashes, the price will be more stable. This is one reason for long-term holding Bitcoin

At least you can say the price is stable now. Try to comfort yourself under any circumstances
what you mean? the price is below $330, and broken $300 soon
SanMerryDro

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:26:42 AM

what you mean? the price is below $330, and broken $300 soon

huh, it should broken $400 soon  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: