Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: www.kronos.io - "bitcoinica" replacement?  (Read 4124 times)
hamdi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:16:15 PM

read on twitter,
anybody know something? found nothing on here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 05:09:53 AM

Just got my account activated.  Supposed to be Bitcoinica successor.  They sent me an invite code if you want to try and use - Invite code :    qTgc0 .  I don't have much time to check it out right now, but we will see how this pans out.  Couple more threads - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81748.0  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83420.0
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 05:23:34 AM

Just got my account activated.  Supposed to be Bitcoinica successor.  They sent me an invite code if you want to try and use - Invite code :    qTgc0 .  I don't have much time to check it out right now, but we will see how this pans out.  Couple more threads - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81748.0  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83420.0
Invite codes only work once, afaik.
M4v3R

Activity: 607

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 06:46:13 AM

The "weird" thing is that they don't require any confirmations for Bitcoin transfers. My test BTC transfer went through in 10 seconds. Anyone want to try a double spend with them? Smiley
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 07:24:33 AM

The "weird" thing is that they don't require any confirmations for Bitcoin transfers. My test BTC transfer went through in 10 seconds. Anyone want to try a double spend with them? Smiley
Kronos leverages ZipConf to allow near-instant transfers. ZipConf has well-tested algorithms implemented to prevent double-spends. So, good luck.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 09:50:55 AM

Have you guys not learned a thing or are you just insane? Who would put a single Satoshi to such a platform again these days after what just happened to Bitcoinica, not once but twice!?!! People are so ridiculously stupid.
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 10:48:26 AM

Have you guys not learned a thing or are you just insane? Who would put a single Satoshi to such a platform again these days after what just happened to Bitcoinica, not once but twice!?!! People are so ridiculously stupid.
Maybe this time it's actually people who know what they are doing.

Does kronos.io also allow trading on margin?
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 12:37:49 PM

So far, we have no evidence of how secure it might be. Does anyone even know the person(s) behind it? I wouldn't trust it with a single cent until I know better what kind of security to expect, and whose reputation is at stake.

And no, reputable members promoting it isn't good enough. I want to hear from the actual owners.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 12:41:20 PM

Some clues on the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83420.0
caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 12:47:53 PM

Also they appear to have a website: http://ringcoin.com/

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 12:48:31 PM

Some clues on the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83420.0
Wait what? Run by matthew n wright himself? Doesn't he have anything better to do, like print magazines and make christmas specials? Huh
I'd kind of hate to see him get hacked, but if he insists on running such a service it seems inevitable.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 01:03:48 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2012, 01:24:51 PM by psy

Wait what? Run by matthew n wright himself? Doesn't he have anything better to do, like print magazines and make christmas specials? Huh
I'd kind of hate to see him get hacked, but if he insists on running such a service it seems inevitable.

I don't know, but if it is him or anybody associated with him then it's the biggest joke I've seen around here lately.
MNW is one of the most vocal persons against the anonymity in Bitcoin businesses but none of those sites, ZipConf, Ringcoin, Kronos.io, Dwaddy or Pawncoin have an About Us page saying who the fuck they are.
If it's them somebody should slap them on the face or something Wink

EDIT: OK, digging further on the ZipConf docs linked at GLBSE it seems one of the owners is Jonathan Ryan Owens and the other is some Eric who i have no idea who it is. Ludvig (DeaDTerra) is listed also as the GLBSE contact for ZipConf.

Maybe Matthew was quoting text from the kronos.io site on that reply Wink
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 01:19:34 PM

LOL. Someone wants to make money whatever it takes. Grin

Let's see if they can deliver.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
freewil

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 03:13:07 PM

My favorite part is that the platform appears to run on linode, the homepage is extremely vague about security, and the FAQ entry about security says "coming soon..."
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 03:55:03 PM

Have you gentlemen learned nothing from the Titantic disaster! We can never build large ships, nor sail the Atlantic, again!

Thank goodness most of us keep moving forward, knowing the risks, taking the hits, examining the mistakes, and building things better.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 03:59:38 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2012, 05:25:46 PM by Kluge

So far, we have no evidence of how secure it might be. Does anyone even know the person(s) behind it? I wouldn't trust it with a single cent until I know better what kind of security to expect, and whose reputation is at stake.

And no, reputable members promoting it isn't good enough. I want to hear from the actual owners.
It's led by JRO (ZipConf, REBATE, and Kronos so far are the only ones publicly known AFAIK). The dev names can be released if they choose. Announcements aren't going to come until the service is launched publicly. The service is not yet launched publicly. It's in "inner circle, very early" beta. Obviously, the site's not complete yet. Launch is still at least two weeks away.

Maybe this time it's actually people who know what they are doing.

Does kronos.io also allow trading on margin?
Kronos allows up to 10:1.

My favorite part is that the platform appears to run on linode, the homepage is extremely vague about security, and the FAQ entry about security says "coming soon..."
Of course it's coming soon. Please stop judging the website as a complete work, because it isn't complete, yet. Weeks away. The information you'd expect for a publicly-launched service will be available when it's a publicly-launched service.

ETA: Dev is on Linode. Exchange keys are not on Linode. When launched, it's unlikely service will be hosted on Linode.
freewil

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:24:08 PM

Of course it's coming soon. Please stop judging the website as a complete work, because it isn't complete, yet. Weeks away. The information you'd expect for a publicly-launched service will be available when it's a publicly-launched service.

Fair enough, but when you make your site itself publicly available then you should expect some scrutiny on these basic facts.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:25:11 PM

this.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:27:22 PM

Fair enough, but when you make your site itself publicly available then you should expect some scrutiny on these basic facts.
I don't believe the site has ever been publicly announced by anyone involved. This is, of course, because the site's still in early beta testing and not ready to be used by the public right this moment.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:31:55 PM

Have you gentlemen learned nothing from the Titantic disaster! We can never build large ships, nor sail the Atlantic, again!

Thank goodness most of us keep moving forward, knowing the risks, taking the hits, examining the mistakes, and building things better.

Although your anology seems to be very powerful I believe it hardly fits the case.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:38:49 PM

i find it quite amazing how mtgox has, since last yrs hack, locked things down security-wise.  perhaps kronos can learn a thing or two from them.  i can only hope this continues.

i also hope that JRO and Matthew have the skills and capitalization to make this happen.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:44:12 PM

i find it quite amazing how mtgox has, since last yrs hack, locked things down security-wise.  perhaps kronos can learn a thing or two from them.  i can only hope this continues.

i also hope that JRO and Matthew have the skills and capitalization to make this happen.
Fund-raising will come soon.  Wink

Fwiw, Matt does not have technical involvement with Kronos, AFAIK. He has his own unique role and is not a particularly major player. I don't say it to downplay his role, just don't want a witch-hunt turning into "HE GOES FROM MAGAZINE TO LAUNCHING SIMILAR SERVICE TO BITCOINICA WTF!!! AND WE TRUST A GUY WHO ORGANIZES, EDITS, WRITE A MAGAZINE TO SECURE OUR COINS WTF!!! THEY AREN'T RELATED, YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS!!!!"
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:47:54 PM

Fwiw, Matt does not have technical involvement with Kronos, AFAIK. He has his own unique role and is not a particularly major player. I don't say it to downplay his role, just don't want a witch-hunt turning into "HE GOES FROM MAGAZINE TO LAUNCHING SIMILAR SERVICE TO BITCOINICA WTF!!! AND WE TRUST A GUY WHO ORGANIZES, EDITS, WRITE A MAGAZINE TO SECURE OUR COINS WTF!!! THEY AREN'T RELATED, YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS!!!!"

lol!  already backpedalling from MMW!  Wink

are u a principal Kluge?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:55:27 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2012, 05:09:57 PM by Kluge

lol!  already backpedalling from MMW!  Wink

are u a principal Kluge?
It's not backpedaling. I think Matt's very trustworthy and responsible. I trust Matt with thousands of dollars. But, it would be a misconception to say it's a "JRO & Matt" project. Matt's expertise is not in coding a trading platform. The coders are proven in their field and have worked on other projects. The time for their names to be announced may or may not come, but either way, it's not my call.

I have no equity stake in Kronos.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:56:06 PM

Grin Tea boy?

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:57:05 PM

Grin Tea boy?

Matthew, go get me some coffee!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 05:07:13 PM

Grin Tea boy?

Matthew, go get me some coffee!

I just hope that coffee takes less time to prepare than a fuckin' magazine or else you'll drink it cold as ice Wink
M4v3R

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 04:19:05 PM

Protip: DON'T trade there until they settle up everything. I've put a test position there with tiny amount of BTC and today it was force liquidated without any price spikes. And on the history page it says that it was liquidated at $2.6 - shame I missed this price, it was sure a bargain...
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 04:27:14 PM

Protip: DON'T trade there until they settle up everything. I've put a test position there with tiny amount of BTC and today it was force liquidated without any price spikes. And on the history page it says that it was liquidated at $2.6 - shame I missed this price, it was sure a bargain...
Exactly the same thing happened for me, be aware guys the platform is still buggy so do not put any major amount of money on it!
I have reported this bug to the developers and hopefully they will fix it Smiley
//DeaDTerra
M4v3R

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 06:57:34 AM

I have received full refund for my lost position, so it's good now. Still, I'll probably wait a little more before trying them out with larger amount of money.
caston

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 10:35:13 AM

Maybe start it off just trading LTC until you get all the bugs out

kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 10:57:26 AM

LOL, seems a bit unfinished at this point... Hope they fix all the bugs and test it properly. We really need this kind of service.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 02:32:14 PM

i find it quite amazing how mtgox has, since last yrs hack, locked things down security-wise.

It'd be nice if MtGox led the charge on security standards for bitcoin processing websites.  I'd be happy to see the formation of something like the Information Security Forum within the bitcoin community, and over time see something like companies admitted to the organization getting some sort of certification so that users could quickly get an idea of what sort of practices a company is using.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 02:33:22 PM

i find it quite amazing how mtgox has, since last yrs hack, locked things down security-wise.

It'd be nice if MtGox led the charge on security standards for bitcoin processing websites.  I'd be happy to see the formation of something like the Information Security Forum within the bitcoin community, and over time see something like companies admitted to the organization getting some sort of certification so that users could quickly get an idea of what sort of practices a company is using.

that is a great idea.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 10:58:45 AM

An Interview with Jonathan Ryan Owens of Kronos.io, Hermes and Ringcoin:

http://atlas.bitkoin.su/post/24166211138/an-interview-with-jonathan-ryan-owens-of-kronos-io

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 05:35:16 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2012, 09:31:04 AM by Matthew N. Wright

Wow. This thread is so typical.

Fact #1: I am acting COO of Kronos, ZipConf, and their parent company that will be announced later. Jonathan Ryan Owens is CEO and one of the founders.

Fact #2: All of our products will be utilizing ZipConf for instant transactions (I've come to agree that all new services should as it's extremely useful)

Fact #3: Kronos was available as a pre-beta invite but we're done with that phase now and moving into a closed beta. We'll announce again when we're actually ready to start letting people use it. Thanks to everyone who participated in the pre-beta.

Fact #4: Development for each project started with different individuals but is now in the process of being consolidated, audited and reconstituted under the role of our CTO, Eric Lombrozo who is also a co-founder.

I look forward to these products making waves (that's what we're good at!) and bringing more valuable digital financial services not just to this small community, but to the new digital commerce world.

caston

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 09:04:07 AM

Thanks Matthew,

Are you going to allow margin trading of alt coins such as NMC, DVC, LTC?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 09:32:14 AM

Thanks Matthew,

Are you going to allow margin trading of alt coins such as NMC, DVC, LTC?

Probably. I can't say just yet because we're still building the foundation. There is nothing that would stop us from doing that and that seems to be the direction we're going, but as you know, what you're talking about is kind of in the realm of 'features', and those decisions always come last. I'll get back to you when I know for sure.

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:11:02 AM

their parent company that will be announced later
Ringcoin or whatever it's called?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 12:09:39 PM

RingCoin is a development company for software that licenses particular engines, framesworks, etc. It is not associated with Kronos any farther than having a license for some of the software written by RingCoin. Seems pretty self important but there is a legal and managerial method to the madness.

terrytibbs

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:12:29 PM

RingCoin is a development company for software that licenses particular engines, framesworks, etc. It is not associated with Kronos any farther than having a license for some of the software written by RingCoin. Seems pretty self important but there is a legal and managerial method to the madness.
Icehill?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:30:44 PM

Icehill?

I get the feeling you want to play 20 questions.

terrytibbs

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:38:37 PM

I'm just getting started!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:50:13 PM

I'm just getting started!

Well obviously! You've got 18 left! lol

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826

rippleFanatic

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:03:56 AM

More possibly-vaporware from Matthew N. Wright!

Anyone want to start a bet that everyone is back on a re-launched bitcoinica before kronos.io?  Cheesy What are the odds?

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: