Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:44:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.kronos.io - "bitcoinica" replacement?  (Read 4121 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:38:49 PM

i find it quite amazing how mtgox has, since last yrs hack, locked things down security-wise.  perhaps kronos can learn a thing or two from them.  i can only hope this continues.

i also hope that JRO and Matthew have the skills and capitalization to make this happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:44:12 PM

i find it quite amazing how mtgox has, since last yrs hack, locked things down security-wise.  perhaps kronos can learn a thing or two from them.  i can only hope this continues.

i also hope that JRO and Matthew have the skills and capitalization to make this happen.
Fund-raising will come soon.  Wink

Fwiw, Matt does not have technical involvement with Kronos, AFAIK. He has his own unique role and is not a particularly major player. I don't say it to downplay his role, just don't want a witch-hunt turning into "HE GOES FROM MAGAZINE TO LAUNCHING SIMILAR SERVICE TO BITCOINICA WTF!!! AND WE TRUST A GUY WHO ORGANIZES, EDITS, WRITE A MAGAZINE TO SECURE OUR COINS WTF!!! THEY AREN'T RELATED, YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS!!!!"
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:47:54 PM

Fwiw, Matt does not have technical involvement with Kronos, AFAIK. He has his own unique role and is not a particularly major player. I don't say it to downplay his role, just don't want a witch-hunt turning into "HE GOES FROM MAGAZINE TO LAUNCHING SIMILAR SERVICE TO BITCOINICA WTF!!! AND WE TRUST A GUY WHO ORGANIZES, EDITS, WRITE A MAGAZINE TO SECURE OUR COINS WTF!!! THEY AREN'T RELATED, YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS!!!!"

lol!  already backpedalling from MMW!  Wink

are u a principal Kluge?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:55:27 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2012, 05:09:57 PM by Kluge

lol!  already backpedalling from MMW!  Wink

are u a principal Kluge?
It's not backpedaling. I think Matt's very trustworthy and responsible. I trust Matt with thousands of dollars. But, it would be a misconception to say it's a "JRO & Matt" project. Matt's expertise is not in coding a trading platform. The coders are proven in their field and have worked on other projects. The time for their names to be announced may or may not come, but either way, it's not my call.

I have no equity stake in Kronos.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:56:06 PM

Grin Tea boy?

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 04:57:05 PM

Grin Tea boy?

Matthew, go get me some coffee!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 05:07:13 PM

Grin Tea boy?

Matthew, go get me some coffee!

I just hope that coffee takes less time to prepare than a fuckin' magazine or else you'll drink it cold as ice Wink
M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 04:19:05 PM

Protip: DON'T trade there until they settle up everything. I've put a test position there with tiny amount of BTC and today it was force liquidated without any price spikes. And on the history page it says that it was liquidated at $2.6 - shame I missed this price, it was sure a bargain...
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 04:27:14 PM

Protip: DON'T trade there until they settle up everything. I've put a test position there with tiny amount of BTC and today it was force liquidated without any price spikes. And on the history page it says that it was liquidated at $2.6 - shame I missed this price, it was sure a bargain...
Exactly the same thing happened for me, be aware guys the platform is still buggy so do not put any major amount of money on it!
I have reported this bug to the developers and hopefully they will fix it Smiley
//DeaDTerra
M4v3R

Activity: 607

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 06:57:34 AM

I have received full refund for my lost position, so it's good now. Still, I'll probably wait a little more before trying them out with larger amount of money.
caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 10:35:13 AM

Maybe start it off just trading LTC until you get all the bugs out

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 10:57:26 AM

LOL, seems a bit unfinished at this point... Hope they fix all the bugs and test it properly. We really need this kind of service.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 02:32:14 PM

i find it quite amazing how mtgox has, since last yrs hack, locked things down security-wise.

It'd be nice if MtGox led the charge on security standards for bitcoin processing websites.  I'd be happy to see the formation of something like the Information Security Forum within the bitcoin community, and over time see something like companies admitted to the organization getting some sort of certification so that users could quickly get an idea of what sort of practices a company is using.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 02:33:22 PM

i find it quite amazing how mtgox has, since last yrs hack, locked things down security-wise.

It'd be nice if MtGox led the charge on security standards for bitcoin processing websites.  I'd be happy to see the formation of something like the Information Security Forum within the bitcoin community, and over time see something like companies admitted to the organization getting some sort of certification so that users could quickly get an idea of what sort of practices a company is using.

that is a great idea.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 10:58:45 AM

An Interview with Jonathan Ryan Owens of Kronos.io, Hermes and Ringcoin:

http://atlas.bitkoin.su/post/24166211138/an-interview-with-jonathan-ryan-owens-of-kronos-io

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 05:35:16 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2012, 09:31:04 AM by Matthew N. Wright

Wow. This thread is so typical.

Fact #1: I am acting COO of Kronos, ZipConf, and their parent company that will be announced later. Jonathan Ryan Owens is CEO and one of the founders.

Fact #2: All of our products will be utilizing ZipConf for instant transactions (I've come to agree that all new services should as it's extremely useful)

Fact #3: Kronos was available as a pre-beta invite but we're done with that phase now and moving into a closed beta. We'll announce again when we're actually ready to start letting people use it. Thanks to everyone who participated in the pre-beta.

Fact #4: Development for each project started with different individuals but is now in the process of being consolidated, audited and reconstituted under the role of our CTO, Eric Lombrozo who is also a co-founder.

I look forward to these products making waves (that's what we're good at!) and bringing more valuable digital financial services not just to this small community, but to the new digital commerce world.

caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 09:04:07 AM

Thanks Matthew,

Are you going to allow margin trading of alt coins such as NMC, DVC, LTC?

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 09:32:14 AM

Thanks Matthew,

Are you going to allow margin trading of alt coins such as NMC, DVC, LTC?

Probably. I can't say just yet because we're still building the foundation. There is nothing that would stop us from doing that and that seems to be the direction we're going, but as you know, what you're talking about is kind of in the realm of 'features', and those decisions always come last. I'll get back to you when I know for sure.

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:11:02 AM

their parent company that will be announced later
Ringcoin or whatever it's called?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 12:09:39 PM

their parent company that will be announced later
Ringcoin or whatever it's called?

RingCoin is a development company for software that licenses particular engines, framesworks, etc. It is not associated with Kronos any farther than having a license for some of the software written by RingCoin. Seems pretty self important but there is a legal and managerial method to the madness.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: