Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:53:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 BTC bounty - CGminer and bitforce  (Read 2562 times)
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:21:20 AM

2 BTC for the best and quickest tutorial on how to get a bitforce single working with CGminer 2.4.1

Win 7 64 bit

thanks!

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:27:35 AM

1. Find the serial port numbers from the Device Manager - devmgmt.msc. Should be COMxx where the xx is one or 2 numbers.
2. Batch file in the Startup folder with this:
Code:
C:\<path to miner>\cgminer.exe -S \\.\COMxx -S \\.\COMxx
3. cgminer.conf file in the same folder as cgminer.exe, in the following format:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://pool.com:8332",
"user" : "user",
"pass" : "pass"
},
{
"url" : "http://pool.com:8337",
}
],
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"retry-pause" : "5",
"scan-time" : "60",
"submit-stale" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0"
}

Some of those settings may not apply to you, but they are what work for me. Apparently there is a way to put the device info into the config file, but I have never been able to get it working that way. If the config file is named cgminer.conf, it will be loaded automatically without having to be specified.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:34:53 AM

working on this.....can i still run GPU's at the same time? 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:43:15 AM

1. Find the serial port numbers from the Device Manager - devmgmt.msc. Should be COMxx where the xx is one or 2 numbers.
2. Batch file in the Startup folder with this:
Code:
C:\<path to miner>\cgminer.exe -S \\.\COMxx -S \\.\COMxx
3. cgminer.conf file in the same folder as cgminer.exe, in the following format:
Code:
{
{
},
{
"url" : "http://pool.com:8337",
}
],
}

Some of those settings may not apply to you, but they are what work for me. Apparently there is a way to put the device info into the config file, but I have never been able to get it working that way. If the config file is named cgminer.conf, it will be loaded automatically without having to be specified.

It looks like it is on Com3.....but I cannot get right.  What should the script look like?

C:\<path to miner>\cgminer.exe -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM3

?

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:47:11 AM

You would need to change the config to include the usual GPU info - unfortunately I don't have a GPU in the box that is running my Single, so I can't provide an example. But you should be able to blend the configs from a GPU machine with the one above and use both. If you have never used a cgminer config file before, there is an example included in the download to go off of.

It looks like it is on Com3.....but I cannot get right.  What should the script look like?

?
If you only have one, just remove the second -S \\.\COMxx entry, or add more if you have more than one. If the xx number is lower than 10, you can use it without \\.\ I think.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:49:51 AM

You would need to change the config to include the usual GPU info - unfortunately I don't have a GPU in the box that is running my Single, so I can't provide an example. But you should be able to blend the configs from a GPU machine with the one above and use both. If you have never used a cgminer config file before, there is an example included in the download to go off of.

It looks like it is on Com3.....but I cannot get right.  What should the script look like?

?
If you only have one, just remove the second -S \\.\COMxx entry, or add more if you have more than one. If the xx number is lower than 10, you can use it without \\.\ I think.

I got the one working....now I need to get the other 5 daisy chained.  Send me you payment address!   EDIT.....your sig address ok? 

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:50:31 AM

I got the one working....now I need to get the other 5 daisy chained.  Send me you payment address! 
Siggy one works. Thanks.

yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:53:10 AM

I got the one working....now I need to get the other 5 daisy chained.  Send me you payment address! 
Siggy one works. Thanks.

sent.  thanks a bunch!

yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:55:10 AM

?

Has anyone figured out the problems getting the config file to properly load pool details yet? 

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:59:20 AM

Has anyone figured out the problems getting the config file to properly load pool details yet?  
It's extremely sensitive to the tiniest error in the syntax. So if you have only one pool, there might be an extra comma somewhere. Or if you added another one, you might have one too many curly braces.

Dual pool example was posted initially, this should work for single pool (although I recommend a failover):

Code:
{
{
}
],
}
If that doesn't help, start the batch file from a cmd prompt and see if you can identify what error is making it unhappy.

EDIT: most of the values from the config file and the command line can be mix-'n-matched - so if you feel like specifying the pools on the command line, just remove the associated bits from the config file.

TheHarbinger

Activity: 378

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 06:04:57 AM

If you are having problems with the pools set up in the config, just delete them totally.  Fire up cgminer, enter the pool(s) info through the cgminer interface and save the config file.  Instant proper formatting.

This is how I did it with my 4 pool setup when I borked it up typing it into the config file.  I got tired looking for where I had a extra space, or missing a comma, or whatever the hell it was.  Granted, it was 4:30AM, and I had been, and was still drinking.

Why is it that it makes perfect sense to mess with perfectly working rigs at stupid early AM after drinking heavily?  "3:00AM, I'm wasted...  Let's see if I can switch this rig from Ubuntu 11.04 to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 even though it's been running rock solid for 2 months."

Note for invention idea:  Breathalyzer Door Lock to prevent drunk idiots from entering the rig room.

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: