Bitcoin Forum
August 10, 2024, 01:19:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notes Value  (Read 790 times)
CoinFreedom (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:03:56 PM

Notes are also the collateral for the BitUSDs used to purchase music, merch and whatever else the artist will decide to sell from the sites plugged into the Music blockchain. The more BitUSD are in existence, the more collateral is needed (demand for Notes = price rise)

Could you explain this in more detail, please? This seems to be the main way that notes are meant to gain value but I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around what you mean. Say I'm a merchant selling Foo Fighters t-shirts on the blockchain. Do I need to purchase notes to do so?
robrigo

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:52:33 PM

Hey CoinFreedom. Check out this podcast released yesterday where they talk about how NOTEs derive their value and other aspects of the platform:

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/bitcoins-and-gravy-episode-38-bitshares-music

Twitter: @robrig0

In Detroit? Want to learn more about BitShares? RSVP for the meetup! http://www.meetup.com/bitshares-worldwide/
kingcob

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:25:10 PM

Notes are also the collateral for the BitUSDs used to purchase music, merch and whatever else the artist will decide to sell from the sites plugged into the Music blockchain. The more BitUSD are in existence, the more collateral is needed (demand for Notes = price rise)

Could you explain this in more detail, please? This seems to be the main way that notes are meant to gain value but I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around what you mean. Say I'm a merchant selling Foo Fighters t-shirts on the blockchain. Do I need to purchase notes to do so?

Notes are not really traded around to purchase anything. Just like you don't see many people buying bananas with APPL shares.

Notes are the units of the BitShares Music blockchain and are used to collateralize what IS being traded around, BitAssets like BitUSD.
BitUSD's value is market pegged to the real world USD's value. Allowing for all the advantages of crypto without being exposed to the volatility. The mainstream masses will be using BitUSD to buy merch, music, concert tickets, etc, without having to worry about having financial trading skills.

Traders on the otherhand! Will probably want to play the markets on BTER, Cryptsy, BTC38, you name em. Notes are a regular crypto, volatile and all. So day traders can have fun with them!

NOTE value is determined by supply and demand. When more people use BitUSD, more collateral is required, meaning demand increases for NOTEs. Notes are also burned as transaction fees, registration fees and user issued asset creation fees (reducing supply)

That's how Notes themselves have value.

Check out the Podcast Robrigo just shared, should clear up a lot of questions you might have.

rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:30:22 PM

Wah Wah Wah fake conversation alert! Wah Wah Wah
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: