Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Make $$ while everyone just sits and waits for "$10,000" per coin  (Read 4877 times)
fewcoins (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:44:30 PM

I like to know if there is anyone actually successful in trading bitcoin rather than hoarding it.

<===========
vabtc

Activity: 55
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:30:29 PM

Seems like you are just in this to make more dollars?  Please correct me if I'm misreading your original post.

Last night I got a buttload of free drinks just for talking the bartender into d/ling a wallet for his phone, and tipped him $3 in BTC.  This creates network effects that will make you more dollars(if that's your bag) in the long run.  Have you spent any bitcoins, or do you have any plans to do so, or will you just dump when it hits your price target?
hugger

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:00:32 PM

Point is BTC will try to march over $400 again... will it break above?!

We can't break 386?! I might take profits near 385 if I see another dump at this level... We need to break 400 this week or it's lights out

Today if we keep struggling around 390 like this I will be selling my 9-10 coins and wait for a pullback, since that's what we keep having around this level, if we break or at least get near 400 today I will hold into the week.

Maybe bitcoin will reach $500 during Christmas. I really wish it will happen.
frienemy

Activity: 235

I was promised da moon

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:07:59 PM

I like to know if there is anyone actually successful in trading bitcoin rather than hoarding it.

<===========

I like how it points to the "Ignore"-button in the original post Wink

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:39:26 AM

This thread will be aimed directly at making money trading bitcoin while most rush to put their coins in cold storage (rendering them useless)

Some background on me, I usually trade stocks and have been doing it actively for over ten years. I'm still in the market now & made lots of money on the recent downtrend the S&P is having. I own three businesses here in NYC too & they all accept bitcoin. I make money year round up and down in the market & saw the potential in the BTC market too. Actually more potential, especially if all of us navigate these treacherous waters together! I basically started by making a few bitcoins out of nothing so I could trade with them. I was too scared to divert funds to an online exchange, so I had my gf do faucet's and other tasks for small amounts of btc, approx .06 worth (which was a lot more back then lol) This was when I found out about the alt coin market and I was able to make half a coin with a friend who already had like 20 coins from alt trading... I was hooked. This was way better than the market and I could play around daily without getting raped for commissions!

This is when I bought a miner... I got a awesome deal form someone at the bitcoin foundation here in NYC. I think it was a converted dragon miner, Im not sure, but everything was in English already hashing approx 1.2th/s. I remember setting it up took me about 5 hours  Lips sealed I made a few coins then jumped into the bitcoin market. Selling all my coins above 660 and re bought them at 333ish~ ( I went by my lucky numbers Tongue) I was really hooked now even thought doubling up on coins was bitter sweet since my account value was approx the same (This is where I realized the dilemma trading bitcoin) I still had faith in the system & was mining away, less and less by day loll. I knew it would probably rise again but not to the same 1,200 level it once was... I don't like to be a dreamer or set high standards obviously. But when it went up to over 500 I knew something was great here! I knew with patience (which is what most traders lack) there was a lot of money to be made in this market. Also when margins hit the scene I knew it wouldn't be worth it since the wild swings of bitcoin could me you wake up with no coins. It's very dangerous so I try to have side money & not be in trades for too long. In the stock market I ditch trades after 5% but for bitcoin you need at least 10%+ most times 15%~ I have been shorting bitcoin a lot since that 500 pop but did the last short after the paypal news sent an artificial pop to 450. I covered above 300 since I didn't see 275 in the near future. It dropped like a rock and recovered before I knew it but I never saw real strength until recently. I see a base being built as buyers are trying to get this thing to stack above 400. Sorry about the long story about my background but it seems people are unsure who I am on here. It was completely needed... but on to the good stuff!

Right now I bought over 9 coins earlier at approx 375 since the drop was too fast, I expect a short term recovery target to above/near 400. When that happens I will watch closely & either release these coins for profit or double up if 400 proves sustainable. These lower highs are starting to make this look like the slow climb look like the other rally we had recently to 660~ I know I am considered a long term perma bear but I have just nibbled at 9 coins last night, lets see how this goes!

This thread will be displaying recent trades... I will be letting you guys know what trades I'm in, why, and how long I will be holding on for!
Let me know what you guys are thinking and what trades you are making too!
Together we can make a lot of money considering we have even MORE firepower than any "bearwhale" or other whales you guys speak of... Don't forget their are power in numbers... This thread is to help us stick together. GLTA!  Kiss

If you are already making money, you are not going to be here on a speculation thread. Good luck!
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:18:06 AM

Trading bitcoin is a bad idea, don't forget about the spread and fee..

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:41:51 AM

I am sure many are. There is nice strategy i found on this forum. You sell 10% of your stash each time price raises for 10% and buy back 10% when price fall for 10%

This way you always gain. You will not gain as much as if you hold and Bitcoin is one day 1 milion USD. But you will lose as much if bitcoin is one day 0.01 USD.

Only thing you do you earn on Bitcoin instability Smiley
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:03:26 PM

Indeed, keeping your Bitcoins hoping for 10K a day seems like a waste of time and I would like to make more coins but day trading seems like a guaranteed way to lose your coins in the long run. I dont know anyone that has made gains day trading.
fewcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:55:29 PM

Trading bitcoin is a bad idea, don't forget about the spread and fee..

It's not that bad of an idea if you make money/bitcoins on the wild swings!
fewcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:58:53 PM

I was lucky to close my position around 390... As I said we didn't break 400 & it became lights out!!
I just bought out all the coins I could at 363, we'll probably get a little pop from somewhere tomorrow
riiiiising

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:29:16 PM

Never thought I'd see the day where falllling promotes bitcoin. I guess he's spread enough FUD for now and wants the price to go back up, before he begins the process again.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
fewcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 10:12:29 PM

I was lucky to close my position around 390... As I said we didn't break 400 & it became lights out!!
I just bought out all the coins I could at 363, we'll probably get a little pop from somewhere tomorrow

"all the coins I could" - how many is that?  9 again?

I posted last week that we were headed back to $340.  We're getting closer.  I would wait for $340 and watch for stability before going in, though we may go lower. 

What indicators are you looking at to gauge price movements?  Seems like you're just going at it randomly.

Nothing random here at all, I am buying the dips since I covered my shorts & it's been paying off...
I got a little over 21coins at 363
fantasticoin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:00:10 AM

Well, the thing is, bitcoin price is uncertain. Now, can you really depend on bitcoin for your day to day living? My advice is, go get a day job and just make bitcoin a hobby.
fewcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 01:48:17 PM

Well, the thing is, bitcoin price is uncertain. Now, can you really depend on bitcoin for your day to day living? My advice is, go get a day job and just make bitcoin a hobby.

Bitcoin is a hobby but it's paying off big time... Almost breaking even on my coins bought at 363, will start taking profits above 400, or whenever the buyer momentum decreases
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 09:05:49 PM

Bitcoin is a hobby but it's paying off big time... Almost breaking even on my coins bought at 363, will start taking profits above 400, or whenever the buyer momentum decreases

i think is good idea. i have my hoarded stash that is always growing.
and i have some extra coins around that i have thought about playing with.
problem for me is i never sell my extra coins when i should!!
so that makes it really hard for me to buy them back cheaper later!!
fewcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 03:47:23 PM

i think is good idea. i have my hoarded stash that is always growing.
and i have some extra coins around that i have thought about playing with.
problem for me is i never sell my extra coins when i should!!
so that makes it really hard for me to buy them back cheaper later!!

Definitely is impossible to time it correctly... its still profitable to get close to it  Cool
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: