Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help to downgrade Armory  (Read 2082 times)
Colonel Panic (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 26

I do not have a Telegram or Skype account.

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:06:24 PM

My offline machine runs armory 0.88.1 on ubuntu 10.04 which now won't sign transactions from my online 0.92.3 on ubuntu 12.04.

For ice-cold reasons, I'd rather downgrade my online than upgrade my offline (is that a song?) but it's tricky. I've downloaded the .deb file for 0.91.2 but it leads to the software centre where it stops because it notices that I already have a more recent version. What can I delete/rename to let it install and revert to .91? I don't want to just clean it all off and lose the blockchain and databases. Thanks.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:14:15 AM

My offline machine runs armory 0.88.1 on ubuntu 10.04 which now won't sign transactions from my online 0.92.3 on ubuntu 12.04.

For ice-cold reasons, I'd rather downgrade my online than upgrade my offline (is that a song?) but it's tricky. I've downloaded the .deb file for 0.91.2 but it leads to the software centre where it stops because it notices that I already have a more recent version. What can I delete/rename to let it install and revert to .91? I don't want to just clean it all off and lose the blockchain and databases. Thanks.

You can uninstall the existing version of Armory.  It will leave your wallets and blockchain and databases intact.  Nothing to worry about.  Of course, you should have a backup anyway, but an install/uninstall cycle only affects the installation directories, not the directories holding wallets or databases.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Colonel Panic (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 26

I do not have a Telegram or Skype account.

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:48:29 AM

Thanks for the reassurance, etotheipi, all done in minutes with no problems.
xephyr

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:37:58 PM

Same problem here, but I tried to upgrade my offline with no success. I still had the installer for 91.2 so it was an easy fix to replace 92.3.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: