Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:24:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gems vs Nxtyy  (Read 1333 times)
Bisha (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:20:19 PM

Could someone comment on this? Nxtyy seems to be ahead, already testing the app if im not mistaken? On the other hand, Gems is associated with Counter Party which has been gaining more popularity lately. Which one do you think will have the most success?

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:28:48 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 04:45:46 PM by devphp

Bet on both.

Oh and it's Nxtty. double 't'
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:14:33 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 05:30:51 PM by TaunSew

The supporters of both coins thinks it will be a whatsapp but this is a fallacy as the mobile market is saturated with competitors.  

I think that is what greed can do - it blinds you.  At best these phone apps are actually aimed at the 500K-2M Bitcoin user demographic.  That is what you should be basing your decision on - which app has a better chance of penetrating that market and you have to realize the potential market cap here isn't billions but actually only millions.   

Arguably it might even be too premature to even bring in a mobile app at this stage as it's a small crowd you are in essence targeting.  How many of us actually talk to each other and have a need to do this through Nxtty / Gems when Whatsapp and Skype is available?  

Yes app-to-app calling is coming to Whatsapp and to other mobiles phone apps, so Nxtty is technically borrowing concepts from larger more established competitors.

This is a classic case called: not knowing your market.

A better question is can you afford to miss the boat if it does take off?  Just buy both but don't go crazy about it.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:38:45 PM

I hate to agree with this idiot but I looked into it and soon realised the likleyhood of just creating another Whatstheapp or suggesting that this is an attainable goal is a bit much. At best they should try to get crypto geeks using it, but the problem is chat apps by nature only work if most people you know use them. Most people I know already use so many apps they don't know what to do with them. It's a saturated market for sure. You can add shadowchat https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.0

Seems to be the new hype, get a mobile chat app and everything will be massive.

I'm not saying it's a lost cause but it's a loooooog shot. As long as you know you are making a speculative bet it's ok.
Crypto 4 Revo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:11:40 PM

I hate to agree with this idiot but I looked into it and soon realised the likleyhood of just creating another Whatstheapp or suggesting that this is an attainable goal is a bit much. At best they should try to get crypto geeks using it, but the problem is chat apps by nature only work if most people you know use them. Most people I know already use so many apps they don't know what to do with them. It's a saturated market for sure. You can add shadowchat https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.0

I'm not saying it's a lost cause but it's a loooooog shot. As long as you know you are making a speculative bet it's ok.

Bitcoin was a long shot. One of these messenger apps could very well do what Bitcoin has done. The network effect that Gems specifically aims to create is applaudable. Like you said, you wouldn't use a messenger that your friends weren't on. But by using a cryptocurrency incentive to grow the network, people will join Gems/Nxtty sooner than they'd join the next Whatsapp. I believe that these apps bring great potential to bitcoin and crypto overall! Just my 2 cents
rabbiter

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:15:19 AM

Bitcoin was a long shot. One of these messenger apps could very well do what Bitcoin has done. The network effect that Gems specifically aims to create is applaudable. Like you said, you wouldn't use a messenger that your friends weren't on. But by using a cryptocurrency incentive to grow the network, people will join Gems/Nxtty sooner than they'd join the next Whatsapp. I believe that these apps bring great potential to bitcoin and crypto overall! Just my 2 cents

FYI newbies shouldn't out of the blue pop up and try to push anything ever!, it smells of developer sock-puppet desperation.
1echo

Activity: 280

scams hunter!

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:53:03 AM

when gems comes out - lets see what happends

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 07:10:32 PM

Bet on both.

Oh and it's Nxtty. double 't'

Ah...I smell common sense. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

TaunSew

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:16:12 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 09:32:47 PM by TaunSew

I'm more inclined to think Gems will do better in the short term just because it's Bitcoin 2.0.   While Nxtty is generation 2.0 but on the lesser used NXT.

CounterParty is worth a bit and Mastercoin used to worth a lot, but there wasn't really much incentive to use them (beyond speculation).  There could be immense utility in using this Gems so maybe up to 50,000 to 100,000 of the current Bitcoiners could end up using it and these Bitcoiners have a lot of money.

If those paid advertising bots from India / Maldives on Nxtty's facebook are real persons then Nxtty could have exponential userbase growth and the capitalization could go stupid (rocket taking off).   Of course, like others, I suspect these are all just paid bots or people looking to make their 0.02 cents to a .25 cents per post.  Yes there's people who make a living spamming $hit on Facebook but this is only possible if you live in a low cost of living country like India.

So Nxtty's actual core audience (not counting the bots) is only at best 2,000 - 10,000 persons (current NXTers).

Of course this is all hypothetical.  I think it's more probable that, beyond initial speculation, there won't be any rockets taking off (unfortunately) but can you afford to miss the rocket if it does take off?

Looks like more crap we'll be putting our money into and probably never see again but that's crypto currencies for you.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
kerneloops

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:38:47 PM

Looks like Koinify is backing Gems:

http://www.koinify.com/#/
http://koinify.com/blog/say-hello-to-gems/
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:18:27 PM

I'm more inclined to think Gems will do better in the short term just because it's Bitcoin 2.0.   While Nxtty is generation 2.0 but on the lesser used NXT.

CounterParty is worth a bit and Mastercoin used to worth a lot, but there wasn't really much incentive to use them (beyond speculation).  There could be immense utility in using this Gems so maybe up to 50,000 to 100,000 of the current Bitcoiners could end up using it and these Bitcoiners have a lot of money.

If those paid advertising bots from India / Maldives on Nxtty's facebook are real persons then Nxtty could have exponential userbase growth and the capitalization could go stupid (rocket taking off).   Of course, like others, I suspect these are all just paid bots or people looking to make their 0.02 cents to a .25 cents per post.  Yes there's people who make a living spamming $hit on Facebook but this is only possible if you live in a low cost of living country like India.

So Nxtty's actual core audience (not counting the bots) is only at best 2,000 - 10,000 persons (current NXTers).

Of course this is all hypothetical.  I think it's more probable that, beyond initial speculation, there won't be any rockets taking off (unfortunately) but can you afford to miss the rocket if it does take off?

Looks like more crap we'll be putting our money into and probably never see again but that's crypto currencies for you.

He speaks the truth
cassius69

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:19:22 PM

they will both fail to gain broad appeal

TaunSew

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:36:42 PM

they will both fail to gain broad appeal

This is a guarantee as we are not talking about big demographics.  Bitcoin is only these 500K-2M users.  NXT is a tiny fraction of that.    It's incredibly optimistic to even assume you can get 25% of either userbase to use these mobile phone apps and to put substantial money into them.

If Bitcoin is later 100 million users, this is something years away which is a long time for Gems to be displaced by something else.  Then if Bitcoin was really 100 million users then it would probably be worth $Trillions and would be a payment option on Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, et cetera.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:29:26 AM

The real problem is nearly every major coin has started to talk about having a chat app in their roadmap. In a years time everyone will have one. So basically even if one of them did get popular then the wider population will look around see all these other similar apps and think WTF!!!

ie What we see everyday here when another coin is released. The only thing going mainstream is the death of Crypto in the minds of the mainstream. Maybe Bitcoin makes it, but it wont help when the masses see there are others.
TaunSew

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:54:27 AM

ie What we see everyday here when another coin is released. The only thing going mainstream is the death of Crypto in the minds of the mainstream. Maybe Bitcoin makes it, but it wont help when the masses see there are others.

This would be based on the assumption that we have test cases when we do not.  Andreas has attended hearings about Bitcoin and the older men questioning him often had no clue there were other alternates, not even LTC has come up to them.  

To be fair people try to make Bitcoin as this huge thing when it isn't.. it's a very nerd niche for a lack of better words.  Only these 500K-2M users and something occasionally mentioned in financial newspapers / television shows but very few people have felt compelled to try it.  

rabbiter

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:11:52 AM

This would be based on the assumption that we have test cases when we do not.  Andreas has attended hearings about Bitcoin and the older men questioning him often had no clue there were other alternates, not even LTC has come up to them.  

To be fair people try to make Bitcoin as this huge thing when it isn't.. it's a very nerd niche for a lack of better words.  Only these 500K-2M users and something occasionally mentioned in financial newspapers / television shows but very few people have felt compelled to try it.  

I agree its been in practice a niche but the fact is it does seem to be taken seriously with Ebay etc talking about integrating.

The truth is this, most people simply don't see why they need Bitcoin cause they think they can do the same thing with Paypal, visa etc.

But IT IS a threat to the establishment that why its been in the press so much, to discredit it mainly. Because those in power know its digital Gold and will highlight the rot at the centre of the current financial system and they cant do a damn thing. So far its a tiny potential threat. But we are one dollar collapse away from Bitcoin being MASSIVE. Sadly people will get it when they have lost all their wealth but there are these Bitcoin nerds who have not lost anything and have gotten even richer.
1echo

scams hunter!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:09:32 AM

im going for GEMS

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: