Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:20:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why mining bitcoin will eventually belong to the Government ?  (Read 862 times)
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:36:09 PM

because government can even put bitcoin miner on ther sattellite if necessarry.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:40:20 PM

Why would they do that? And what government will eventually own bitcoin, Burkina Faso?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
schutzhund

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:41:05 PM

Is this a joke. They can't even get a hold of seized coins and you are talking about mining.  Cheesy
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 04:00:06 PM

So you're saying that nobody else in the world can launch a satellite, be it a small or huge one?  Cheesy
This thread is just stupid and wrong.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:20:12 PM

Why would they do that? And what government will eventually own bitcoin, Burkina Faso?

well,

lot of goverment are interested in implementing bitcoin, or their own cryptocoin.

but i can still see in the future that mega miner or gov start sending sattelites or microsatellites to mining bitcoin or their crypto coin.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:54:14 PM

well,

lot of goverment are interested in implementing bitcoin, or their own cryptocoin.

but i can still see in the future that mega miner or gov start sending sattelites or microsatellites to mining bitcoin or their crypto coin.

It certainly is true that any government can start mining. However I don't get why a satellite would help? A rig in space would be extremely expensive, hard to maintain, and less profitable than a server farm on Earth. 
Other governments, like Canada, tried creating their own digital currency. But they are not decentralized or open source, so they are not trusted and have few of the features that are attractive about bitcoin. There is really nothing a government can do about bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:19:59 PM

well,

It certainly is true that any government can start mining. However I don't get why a satellite would help? A rig in space would be extremely expensive, hard to maintain, and less profitable than a server farm on Earth. 
Other governments, like Canada, tried creating their own digital currency. But they are not decentralized or open source, so they are not trusted and have few of the features that are attractive about bitcoin. There is really nothing a government can do about bitcoin.

because the electricity will be free and can be operated without internet, it will be like gps for cryptocurrency.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: