Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 06:50:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Expedia stopped accepting bitcoins?  (Read 1865 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 07:13:59 PM

I just booked a hotel and when I got to the part of payment I saw no Bitcoin option. I have been using them for hotels for the past 2 months and always use that option but didn't see anything.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:01:37 PM

I still see this options:
Debit/Credit Card
Paypal
Bitcoin
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 09:03:14 PM

Are you in a different country or something? A lot of the big companies who have accepted Bitcoin only accept them for the U.S.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:23:18 PM

OP:

Some hotels in the USA (and other areas included in their Bitcoin payment option) do not display Bitcoin as a payment option.

I went on to Expedia the day after they went live with this, and lucky me - my hotel did not allow Bitcoin as an option.

Others do.  Not sure the criteria for inclusion / exclusion.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
duke1839

Activity: 143
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:11:50 PM

OP:

Some hotels in the USA (and other areas included in their Bitcoin payment option) do not display Bitcoin as a payment option.

I went on to Expedia the day after they went live with this, and lucky me - my hotel did not allow Bitcoin as an option.

-B-

That's interesting.  I booked a room using Expedia with bitcoin soon right after they announced they were taking bitcoin.  When I got to the place they told me the room was already paid for.  I told them I paid with bitcoin but they didn't know what that was.  I then told them it was like video game credits but you can buy things IRL with it.  Grin

1839REgeNTM2b84byywinp3BjtWdEqw27x
Balkhole

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:22:34 PM

OP:

-B-
I would think that the payment method would not be hotel specific but would be the same across the entire expedia network as expedia is the one who would be paying the hotels (I think)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 07:08:41 AM

Interesting, I've stayed in about 6 different hotels since August using this and this is the first time it happened. And they're all outside the US, Germany and Netherlands.

Good to know they're still accepting it.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
novacn

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:25:04 AM

No, Expedia still accepts bitcoin. Maybe its a problem of that specific hotel only.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: