Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:42:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shorted bitcoin  (Read 5301 times)
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:32:59 AM

Yep for sure

By the way, anyone from coindesk want to give an interview to me, the successful bitcoin short seller? Im also available to speak about my market predictions. Guys from Coindesk, feel free to PM me.

You are a very funny guy
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:43:26 AM

What is your risk reward setup? Where is your margin call aka stoploss?
abs350 (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 03:49:53 AM

PM me

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:09:55 AM

Congrats to you sir. I definitely expect down, but not so soon. I still cant see this pushing much lower without ~$500 first.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 12:49:13 PM

The selling pressure will subside for a while... Buyers will have a "omfg cheap coinz" reaction soon. Shorts covered!  Cool
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:37:50 PM

PM me

I would rather have it in the open... if you were open enough to tell everyone you shorted why not go the rest of the way?
Capt Drake

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:51:08 PM

Pity on you man, but you can do whatever you want.

The bears are running out of ammo, this tiny down on price shows it.

If I were you I would wait 1 or 2 weeks to make a good position.
retrocoingames

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

Shorting Bitcoins reminds me of Warren Buffett's quote on whether he would buy apple or google stocks... Of which he replied:

“I would not be at all surprised to see them be worth a lot more money 10 years from now but I would not buy either one of them.”
“I sure as hell wouldn’t short them either.”

Good luck shorting Bitcoins!
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 11:52:54 PM

Shorting is notoriously difficult to do. You might know the right trend, but If you mess up your timing you can still lose money.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 12:36:14 AM

Shorting is notoriously difficult to do. You might know the right trend, but If you mess up your timing you can still lose money.

Exactly that's the risk that is amplified to an extreme by trading on leverage. The vast majority of all traders loose money. It's not worth to risk capital and mental health in such a game.

Shorting Bitcoin is even riskier, because the market often moves unpredictably and extremely fast. The volatility is very high. Doing that leveraged is insane.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
abs350 (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 12:48:35 AM

PM me

I would rather have it in the open... if you were open enough to tell everyone you shorted why not go the rest of the way?

I thought you were from coindesk. Im only interested in talking to experienced journalists. Further I do not post my entire strategies online, just proof that I am successful. However even if I did people would probably just attack them instead of accepting them as valid, despite the fact that they work as illustrated by my profits. That is to say that they are different to the way most traders operate.

Do I sense a little jealously my friend? Why cant you respect success instead of immediately getting on the attack?

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 01:49:35 AM

PM me

I thought you were from coindesk. Im only interested in talking to experienced journalists. Further I do not post my entire strategies online, just proof that I am successful. However even if I did people would probably just attack them instead of accepting them as valid, despite the fact that they work as illustrated by my profits. That is to say that they are different to the way most traders operate.

Do I sense a little jealously my friend? Why cant you respect success instead of immediately getting on the attack?

Success based on one trade? I am just trying to help If I knew your risk reward it would aid in my understanding if you are worth following or just a one hit wonder like many before you... with your response I have gotten everything I needed to know.. you are a long ways away still Smiley
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:47:40 AM

Exactly that's the risk that is amplified to an extreme by trading on leverage. The vast majority of all traders loose money. It's not worth to risk capital and mental health in such a game.

Shorting Bitcoin is even riskier, because the market often moves unpredictably and extremely fast. The volatility is very high. Doing that leveraged is insane.

ya.ya.yo!

Yep.

Leveraged trading (or even just plain old trading) does very strange things to the mind. Just cos a person is generally pretty good at sensing which way the market is going to go when his capital is sitting on the sidelines, doesn't mean he is capable of being a good trader. It also just takes one of those vicious volatile swings to come right in out of knowhere, to decimate a trader's capital and then he is sitting staring at the charts, stung and numb, and desperately seeking revenge. It all goes down hill even more from that point and previous lucrative gains can soon turn into net losses. That is the nature of this game and trading volatile assets in general.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
fdiini

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:44:57 PM

ya.ya.yo!

How is this difference when people are going long using leverage?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:17:47 PM

Shorting when there is blood in the streets..

The rothschilds would LLLLOVE you.

Shorting on a double bottom... OP you have balls of steel.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:26:53 PM

OP shorted when price was around 390$, so if he closed his short he has done well.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:30:43 PM

OP shorted when price was around 390$, so if he closed his short he has done well.

If he hasn't... BTC could really jump ot $600 in a matter of seconds... it probably won't but it could.

Lke I said.. balls of steel.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:33:14 PM

If he hasn't... BTC could really jump to $600 in a matter of seconds... it probably won't but it could.

No it can't jump in a matter of seconds, to reach 600$ in the bullish scenario it would take several weeks.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:58:24 PM

If he hasn't... BTC could really jump to $600 in a matter of seconds... it probably won't but it could.

No it can't jump in a matter of seconds, to reach 600$ in the bullish scenario it would take several weeks.

At a 4.5 billion market cap.. yes yes it could.  Some people shit that.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:10:36 PM

PM me

How's it looking? underwater yet?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: